Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default Replacing LSI-15 Tweeter

I am contemplating buying a pair of LSI-15 speakers. However the tweeter on one has a deformed cone. Is the tweeter replaceable? If so where can I get a replacement and what would be the approximate cost? Thanks for any help.

Member Sales Rating: (26)

I have a Vifa tweeter that I purchased from another forum member that I will not be using. I purchased it for $50 and I'll take $45 shipped. It has never been used. If memory serves, the replacement cost is somewhere near 100 smackers, but I'm not 100% positive.

If you are interested, please post in this thread and I will PM you my information. Welcome to club Polk.
    In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

"The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to good analogue reproduction". - Kenneth Swauger

Audiophile
    Member Sales Rating: (30)

Does the deformation cause a change in sound? If not, it is only a cosmetic replacement, and yes they are. Try treitz3's offer, solid member.

Member Sales Rating: (7)

If the deal is decent enough, it is still a deal after you sink another $50-$100 into it for the tweeter, pick it up. If not, wait for a better deal to come along.

(and welcome to club polk.)
    Mains.............Polk LSi15 (Cherry)
    Center............Polk LSiC (Crossover upgraded)
    Surrounds.......Polk LSi7 (Gloss Black - wood sides removed and crossovers upgraded)
    Subwoofers.....SVS 25-31 CS+ and PC+ (both 20hz tune)
    Pre\Pro...........NAD T163 (Modded with LM4562 opamps)
    Amplifier.........Cinepro 3k6 (6-channel, 500wpc@4ohms)

Member Sales Rating: (16)

Quote Originally Posted by zingo View Post
    Does the deformation cause a change in sound? If not, it is only a cosmetic replacement, and yes they are. Try treitz3's offer, solid member.
    Yes, I would say so based on the way the tweeter is designed the ring radiator (pointy nipple cone piece) is suspended at 2 pivot points so it's easily damaged.

"The Ring Radiator Diaphragm -- Delivers flat response, precise detail and overall accuracy. The ultra-light woven diaphragm is supported at two pivot points (A & B), with the voice coil attached between the two points (C). With very little unsupported material, there's less opportunity for performance-robbing resonance to develop."

At least that's my take on it.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass

Pass Aleph 30; Eastern Electric Mini Max; Adcom GDA600; MIT S3/Z Pc; SDA 1C; Squeezebox; Tubes add soul!

Member Sales Rating: (5)

deformed or not, just make sure sound comes out of it before you buy, if not, there might be a crossover issue. worth looking into before you buy
    Theater - Polk LSi15, LSiC, LSi9 speaks, DIY Sub (142.5L box, SVS plus driver, 500 Watt plate amp)...Outlaw 990 pre/pro, Carver TFM45, 2 X Outlaw M200 . Rotel RB980 . PS3, Monster 3600 power center

2 Channel -
    Anthem Pre 2l, Jolida JD100 CD player, CAL Sigma DAC, Carver m4.0, Polk LSi9 w external modified Crossovers (thanks Trey!)

Member Sales Rating: (4)

treitz3, do you still have the tweeter?

Member Sales Rating: (26)

No, it has since sold but I have answered your PM. Good luck and get back to me if I can be of further assistance.
    In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

"The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to good analogue reproduction". - Kenneth Swauger

Thread Information