Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (36)

Default jaysonbarnett has some speakers questions . . . .

Jason has some questions polkies. Welcome Jason, Club Polk is not only an education, it's a way of life.

jaysonbarnett: "I have a question and i am new to polk. I bought RTI8s and CSi3, and i am wondering if i can use 4 rti4s as the rears or rti4 and fxi3. the reason i am asking is because the fxi3 are hard to find now and in a couple of months i will not be able to find them. So i will have to use the rti4 (x4) instead. Will this work? or do i have to have the fxi3? ANy help would be very much appreiated."

Please keep in mind that next time you have a question, it's more suitable to start your own thread unless the question you have is on topic and will contribute to the thread where you are considering posting.

IMO the Rti4 is an excellent speaker. One of the best of the RTi bookshelf series. Also, if you listen to a lot of music, it would be preferred over the Fxi3.

Member Sales Rating: (0)

can you have 4 of them to go with my onkyo 7.1 receiver? i have the fronts taking care of and i am trying to do the same with the rear. I have limited funds and the rti series is discoutinued. What else is good for the rear speakers incase i can not get the rti4 in time? sorry again about the other post!!

Member Sales Rating: (60)

The 4's will be fine. The side surrounds will be directional but won't really kill ya. Have you thought of maybe just going 5 channel and get Rti6's or you could do the Fxi3's then. Are you mostly HT?
    2CH - Magnepan MGIIIA's, Rogue Audio Magnum 66 pre, Parasound HCA1200 MKII, Douglas Connection IC's and Cables, Oppo BDP-83SE

Main HT - Adcom GFA7400, Rti70, Csi40, Rti28, Onkyo TX-SR705, Sony BDP-S1000ES, Signal Cable Analog 2 IC's, Mitsubishi 65" DLP, M&K 1250 THX Sub, Knu Koncepts cables

Mini HT - Samsung 46" 3D TV + 3D Blu ray player, HK AVR 254, Rti8's, Athena 12" sub

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Yes it is mostly for HT but also love to have parties and want music to sound nice. Again there is only one site that still has the fxi3 so i just want to know if that is something that i need. I know the fxi3 are for the surrounds and the rti4 are for the rears. but could i just use 4 rti4 instead for HT? thanx man
    Last edited by jaysonbarnett; 01-25-2008 at 09:33 PM. Reason: forgot something

FXi3 and RTi4 are interchangeable as surrounds and rears depending on your needs and what sounds best to you.

Thread Information