I am setting up a "home theater" in my living room. The wall that the 65" Sharp Aquos will be mounted on is exactly 10' long. We will view from about 10 feet away.
The left side of the wall has the condo's electrical box taking up about the first 24" from the left side (on the other side of the wall). So mounting stuff here would be hazardous and God only knows what the RF might be there.
So rather than mounting 2 in wall speakers, I am planning on the Polk SurroundBar 50. Either above or below the TV.
I have flat speaker wire that was pre-installed under the oak floor running from this wall to the back of the room about 20 feet away. So I am thinking of putting in rear speakers since the surroundbar does not seem to create a rear sound.
Lastly, the right side of the wall has a closet behind it for about 24". I plan to make a hole in the wall, cover it with white speaker cloth and put a subwoofer inside the closet but facing the living room. Also, it is here,in the closet, that I plan to put the av system.(I will use the Harmony remote). Right now I am considering the Onkyo Tx-SR705 7.1 receiver.
Here are the questions:
1. Does this sound like a good plan?
2. What rear speakers would you suggest? Either free standing or mounted on concrete wall.
3. What subwoofer would you suggest?
4. Would you mount the SoundBar above or below the TV? How high would you then make the TV?
5. For my last question, I apologize if this is not proper in a Polk forum, but would you choose the Polk sb or the Yamaha or the Marantz or some other?
6. Any addtional comments would be more than welcome.
Thanks so much for you that know enough to answer these kinds of questions. :)