Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Jhayman View Post
    long story short Don't listen to anyone but yourself about wire, if YOU hear a difference then that's all that matters..
    I've come to a conclusion that Human ears and the ear canal are not all created equal and the region of the brain that makes Logical decisions..
    BUT you have to at least try different cables or wire before dismissing it.
    Everything makes a difference, its just whether or not you can hear it. If you can't it doesn't mean it isn't altering the sound in some way, better or worse. When listening on your own system, its far easier to hear the differences since you're already so familiar with the system.

It's like saying there's a difference between a 92 mph and 95 mph fastball. If you can't hit either one, it doesn't matter which one you see. You can't deny or dismiss that there is a difference in speed, it just doesn't matter in your situation. For someone who can hit a 92 mph fastball, facing a 95 mph fastball might be an entirely different monster.
    Usher CP-6311, Shuguang S200MK, Shuguang S845MK, Pioneer BDP-51fd, Douglas IC's, AQ cv-8 SC's, Pangea/Douglas PC's, Epson 8100

Quote Originally Posted by theshawn View Post
    Uh huh....then the argument will be about wired vs. non-wired sound or about how one company makes a wireless signal that is better than another.....
    Don't forget about the air purity and humidity levels that are more optimal for wireless transmission.

Member Sales Rating: (26)

Quote Originally Posted by PolkieMan View Post
    Since we are having a good discussion on wire how about those little iron rings that I see from time to time on like VGA/ HDMI cables would they serve a purpose on speaker wire?
    Hello, PolkieMan. I do not believe anybody addressed your question yet. What you are talking about is a ferrite. I would tend to think that they would have no impact on a speaker wire due from most speaker magnets being made of ferrite or alnico. I personally do not ever recall seeing a speaker wire having a ferrite core around it. PC's, IC's and other types of interconnect cables, yes. SC's, no.

Tom
    In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

"The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to good analogue reproduction". - Kenneth Swauger

That's what I Said, if You hear a difference then that's all that matters..
    If you can't hear any differences then buy yourself a $99 system
    Quote Originally Posted by DSkip View Post
    Everything makes a difference, its just whether or not you can hear it. If you can't it doesn't mean it isn't altering the sound in some way, better or worse. When listening on your own system, its far easier to hear the differences since you're already so familiar with the system.

It's like saying there's a difference between a 92 mph and 95 mph fastball. If you can't hit either one, it doesn't matter which one you see. You can't deny or dismiss that there is a difference in speed, it just doesn't matter in your situation. For someone who can hit a 92 mph fastball, facing a 95 mph fastball might be an entirely different monster.
    Last edited by Jhayman; 05-28-2013 at 06:15 PM.

In a roundabout, but I wanted to elaborate that you can't dismiss that it actually does make a difference, even if you can't hear it. For me, changes are not up for debate. As certain members say, 'the level you play the game on' can elicit debates on how much of a change is there and how significant it really is at each level.
    Usher CP-6311, Shuguang S200MK, Shuguang S845MK, Pioneer BDP-51fd, Douglas IC's, AQ cv-8 SC's, Pangea/Douglas PC's, Epson 8100

Pedro Martinez career highlights
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5DO2da00IY
    listen to Alex Jones
    Acer Laptop: the Flash works it works haha!

pepster

I posted this in the wrong thread.
    But IMHO:
    Either speaker cables make a differnece or they do not make a difference and I have have heard it both ways.
    From my personal experience YMMV..... IC's make a bigger difference than speaker cables.

Combined with a good digital cable, I would upgrade the source cables first.

Then the speaker cables.
    Look at the Nordost Flatline when your ready for SC's (doubt you will ever go back to any other, and only look forward from there).

Under $100 for the Flatlines, depending on how long you need.

PS: I have some of the AQ Midnight on hand here if you need more!
    Make ya a good deal Dragon1952!
    Last edited by pepster; 05-28-2013 at 07:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by headrott View Post
    Sir, there have been an innumerable number of posts about Polkies updating their speakers PCB's, Caps, resistors, binding posts, internal wire, and a great number of other internal to the speaker tweeks to update and improve their speakers. Particualrly the SDA line of speakers. If you haven't seen/read them please look up Darqueknight's (Ray's) very thorough and informative threads regarding the updating and improvement to the sound (or lack of improvement, or detriment too). Also, there have been an innumerable number of posts regarding speaker wire, jumpers, amps, pre-amps, sources, etc. external to the speakers (and the improvement, lack of improvement, or detriment to the audio). Go check it out please.
    I've read posts here, there, and other places around the net. I've played with DIY passives vs. active a little, etc, etc....I even want to do a DIY design at some point. I know these post are old , tired and drawn out but I think we are on the same page........Ultimately its ones own ears that will determine at what point one needs to leave well enough alone! I know its been said a million times before.
    Last edited by WLDock; 05-28-2013 at 08:54 PM.
    FAMILY ROOM
    TV - Mitsubishi WD-73734 73" DLP 1080P | AVR - Pioneer Elite SC-65 | Source - Sony PS3 Slim 320GB | Front - PolkAudio RT3000p | Center -PolkAudio CS400i | Surround - PolkAudio F/X1000 | Sub - DIY Stereo Integrity HT 15 | Sub Amp - Behringer EUROPOWER EP2500

2 Ch Dreaming...hoping to purchase, build someday
    OPPO 105 | Squeezbox Touch | Odyssey, or HALO A21 amp | DIY Statements towers

Does anyone remember these cables, they were my first expensive cable purchase in the early 90's..
    I also have the Black Knights which are in use..Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	528.9 KB
ID:	85650Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	530.7 KB
ID:	85651

pepster

Quote Originally Posted by Jhayman View Post
    Does anyone remember these cables, they were my first expensive cable purchase in the early 90's..
    I also have the Black Knights which are in use..Attachment 85650Attachment 85651
    Never heard the Nordost IC's?
    Any good?

I bought a pair of the Nordost Flatline speaker cables about 4 years ago (my second pair), and still have them in use today!

Well lets see, as some old say here, you move up in gear and the cables should follow..
    These Blue Angels were if I'm not mistaken $ 350-400 back then and used on gear not worthy of them as I really only used. Sony receiver and a Yamaha CD player and not expensive ones either.
    So long story short I really did not notice a difference but I think I told myself I did because of the $ I spent..
    Not to mention the sneaky salesman, you know saying all the right things..
    But they are Nordost Flatline hence should be good on good gear, I forgot I had loaned them to a buddy years ago..
    The Blue Angels are copper coated with silver individually wrapped in a Teflon jacket..
    I will put them back in system to try out again for the First Time Properly..lol

Thread Information