Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (28)

Default Sometimes we make a good move...

This was one of those. I enjoyed my Pro-Ject RM5 and Dynavector cartridge. It was my first vinyl rig and it helped me discover that there's more than CD's out there, with cheaper media (if you look for it) and music that I like and sometimes not available in digital. The upgrade decision was easy.

Now I have a Clearaudio Champion with a Clearaudio Satisfy Ebony tonearm and a Benz Micro Ace cartridge. Obviously I can't tell which of these brings the best improvement, but as a whole this thing sounds so much better. I also adjusted the cartridge based on an inner groove radius of 75 mm, vs the 60.2 standard. This is what Clearaudio recommends based on the real angle at which most records are pressed, and I have to say that it makes a noticeable difference (I tried both). Ok; I really have no idea of what I am talking about, but it does make a difference. Sounds smoother, and it just asks you to raise the volume.

This TT has a nice upgrade path, so it will keep me busy the next couple of...years. First in line is their magnetic bearing, which makes the platter literaly float in the air.

I just don't feel like listening to CD's anymore.

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA

Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman

Member Sales Rating: (19)

All it sounds to me is that your really enjoying your new TT. Don't over think things, sometimes just enjoy it.

Congrats,
    engtaz

Stronzo
    Member Sales Rating: (7)

I had the Clear Audio Champion once. It's a pretty TT.

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo View Post
    Now I have a Clearaudio Champion with a Clearaudio Satisfy Ebony tonearm and a Benz Micro Ace cartridge. Obviously I can't tell which of these brings the best improvement, but as a whole this thing sounds so much better. I also adjusted the cartridge based on an inner groove radius of 75 mm, vs the 60.2 standard. This is what Clearaudio recommends based on the real angle at which most records are pressed, and I have to say that it makes a noticeable difference (I tried both). Ok; I really have no idea of what I am talking about, but it does make a difference. Sounds smoother, and it just asks you to raise the volume.
    Wow. Now THATS passion!!

I remember throwing my NWA single onto the turntable when my parents were gone and "scratching". LOL
    Do you hear that buzzing noise?

Banned
    Member Sales Rating: (14)

Congrats . . . Pictures Please.

PS: BTW even with my new CD player, I don't feel like listening to CDs either.
    Last edited by hearingimpared; 03-19-2008 at 11:04 PM.

Thread Information