Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
    Stronzo
    Member Sales Rating: (7)

Lightbulb Doing the impossible....

I am pleased to say that I have come probably as close as you can, to blending in the KLH 15' sub, with the LSi-9's. No, its not a perfect match, but something simular to a match is there! hahah

Alas, the KLH is incredibly limited.... it can blend perfectly with the 9's on some material (ala, incubus, linkin park, pink floyd), but will become horribly obvious with softer forms of music.

Progress is progress right? The sick part is - I most likely will not be keeping the sub !LOL!

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default ...

w/e u say -- as someone weirdly wise once said, boom away i say LOL!
    Damn you all, damn you all to hell.......
    I promised myself
    No more speakers. None. Nada. And then you posted this!!!!
    Damn you all! - ATC

Default Re: Doing the impossible....

Originally posted by ATCVenom
    KLH 15' sub
    ight, I understand you needed a subwoofer and all. But, knowing how low quality and all KLH is, why in the heck did you buy a 15 inch sub by KLH? which in most accounts all 15' inch subs in some respect are muddy. I personally would never buy a subwoofer over 12 inch's, or one less than 12 inch's unless it were for other speakers. But I could see a 15 inch sub really offering punch, and i could see you not caring whether or not someone took a shot gun to it! LOL! So lol, im just blabbing so w/e...LOL! J/W y u would purchase a 15' sub by klh! LOL! Infact, now I ask a question to everyone, what do you see in a 15 inch sub that nothing else has, and do you find them muddy?
    I promised myself
    Damn you all! - ATC

Stronzo
    Member Sales Rating: (7)

Mxsty,

I will be as straight-foward as possible. As clearly stated in another thread - this sub-woofers purpose is to function, and produce acceptable lower octave. If I could afford to invest my cash into a high quality sub at the moment - I would. Unfortunately that time may not come for quite a few months - if not a year or so.

Now - there ARE 15 inchs subs out there that are quite potent and musically accurate. Just as much so as your Polk 8' subs. Ala - Paradigm Servo15, Velodyne.

Because its "KLH" and didnt cost me a dime - I am not real protective over it. I choose that brand because I feel you get what you pay for... and its something I could use and abuse. Since most of my buds enjoy hip hop, I do *NOT* want them busting my 9's.

Now, I could have sworn I gave you this lecture before, your acting as if that conversation never occured ; ) haha

As for your last question. A 15' sub simply has presence...basically in the volume factor. But hell, the size of the driver doesnt mean much. Im sure the Carver super Junior can match the capabilities of this sub. However, you get a high quality 15' sub.... designed just right, and it just may shake the roof off.

Imagine if you will, SVS with a 15', or your precious M&K... lol lol

Scarey thought isnt it?

Default ...

KLH is a bang for the buck, i know...i was just thinking....klh - 15' inch sub...weird...lol! i couldnt imagine my M&K wit a 15 inch sub...that is very scary! lol! ooooooooooooooo......i wish i could have another receiver, plug my klh and optimus's up and let my friends run thos....they could turn the receiver up to -1.00 db for all i care...they brake they buy it right? lol
    I promised myself
    Damn you all! - ATC

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Good God, MxStYlEpOlKmAn - there are so many misconceptions floating around about bass and subwoofers it's not even funny.

And you and your theory about 15" woofers aren't helping the cause any.

The size of the cone has absolutely no bearing on the sound quality, providing the cone is sufficiently stiff and the drive motor is appropriately sized.

Also, theories about large woofers being "slow" compared to small woofers are rubbish - bass signals ARE slow - hell, the woofer only has to move at around 100 cycles per second and slower.

The Velo HGS-18 II is one of THE best sounding subs on the planet. It is THE reference standard for musicality by which all other subs are measured.

It has (as you might have already guessed) an 18" woofer.

IF the KLH is boomy (and it probably is), it's not because it has a 15" woofer. It's because it's a cheap POS that ATC is trying his best to live with until he can buy something better.

Doc
    "What we do in life echoes in eternity"

Ed Mullen (emullen@svsound.com)
    Director - Technology and Customer Relations
    Specialty Technologies
    SVSound

Member Sales Rating: (40)

I'm a big fan of the Bag-End Infrasub, flat to 8Hz, 18 inch driver, sealed. Nothing slow or sloppy about it.

Cheers,
    Rooster
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.

Originally posted by Dr. Spec
    Good God, MxStYlEpOlKmAn - there are so many misconceptions floating around about bass and subwoofers it's not even funny.
    And you and your theory about 15" woofers aren't helping the cause any.
    Also, theories about large woofers being "slow" compared to small woofers are rubbish - bass signals ARE slow - hell, the woofer only has to move at around 100 cycles per second and slower.
    Well, i have learned about 75% everything about audio from my Dad, in which is still in the past so to speak.
    I promised myself
    Damn you all! - ATC

Thread Information