I just bought a Rotel 1095 power amp from ebay. It gives a buzzing sound even if the CD player is not playing. Listed below is the trouble shooting I have done so far.
1. Turn off the entire stereo system, only the 1095 is on - I can still hear buzzing sound coming from the speakers.
2. Changed the RCA interconnects from the pre amp to the 1095 - I can still hear buzzing sound coming from the speakers.
3. Disconnected the RCA interconnect. I still hear a Buzzing sound.
4. Connected a dedicated speaker cable from the 1095 to the speaker to ensure no ground loops. I can still hear a buzzing sound.
5. Connected to a different outlet - I can still hear a buzzing sound.
6. Use a monster cable power filter (HTS1600) - I can still hear a buzzing sound.
7. If I disconnect the speaker cable . The buzzing sound goes away
8. Used another power amplifier. There is no buzzing sound.
I have a feeling, it is the 1095 that is the problem.
I'll appreciate comments.
Thanks in advance....