8 57.14%
  • Aragon

1 7.14%
  • Emotiva

0 0%
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Lightbulb B&K 125.2 S2 vs. Adcom 5500

I need to call upon the brain trust that is Club Polk once again....
    Differences on these two amps anyone?? Not so much basic specs (I am read good... :) ), but what I can expect as far as sound quality, performance w/ LSI speakers. Thanks guys.
    Jer
    -------------[The Ever-Evolving System -------------

LSI15's (PNF Symphony cabels, modded X-Over and subs), LSIC, LSI7's, Rega Apollo CDP (PNF ICON ICs, modified PS cct.), Yamaha RXV-1700 w/ ipod dock, B&K REF200.2 (fronts) Samsung BDP-1600, XBOX360, Patriot Box Office Media Player, 42" Samsung LCD.

Default Sorry about the redundancy

Well I was a bit lazy and posted this thread because the Search's inability to find B&K was driving me nuts, but I have found out alot about adcoms so....
    Lets just take a poll
    -------------[The Ever-Evolving System -------------

LSI15's (PNF Symphony cabels, modded X-Over and subs), LSIC, LSI7's, Rega Apollo CDP (PNF ICON ICs, modified PS cct.), Yamaha RXV-1700 w/ ipod dock, B&K REF200.2 (fronts) Samsung BDP-1600, XBOX360, Patriot Box Office Media Player, 42" Samsung LCD.

Member Sales Rating: (29)

Try "B&K*"

Member Sales Rating: (13)

Adcom vs. B&K, my vote goes to B&K. Of the poll choices, Aragon hands down, with distant second place to B&K. Don't care too much for the rest. Haven't heard too many Parasounds but that's another budget amp to add to your research list.

Member Sales Rating: (16)

I don't vote in polls like this because it's like American Idol; it becomes a popularity contest.
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass

Pass Aleph 30; Eastern Electric Mini Max; Adcom GDA600; MIT S3/Z Pc; SDA 1C; Squeezebox; Tubes add soul!

Member Sales Rating: (58)

You know you can vote and not talk about it right?

Member Sales Rating: (43)

I voted Adcom. No surprises here. They have just been great amps. They have received a bad rep for being to bright, but I have found that to be false. The pre sets the tone for the amp.
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben

Member Sales Rating: (60)

Quote Originally Posted by ben62670 View Post
    I voted Adcom. No surprises here. They have just been great amps. They have received a bad rep for being to bright, but I have found that to be false. The pre sets the tone for the amp.
    ^^^^+1^^^^

Member Sales Rating: (14)

For Lsi I realy enjoyed B&K amps. I had a avr307 and a st140. Both powered them flawless. I also have used Rotel with stellar results.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.

Member Sales Rating: (16)

Quote Originally Posted by dorokusai View Post
    You know you can vote and not talk about it right?
    Yes sir, but I fear I'll start sounding like a broken record. The OP has another thread going and I commented in that one and he says he's done a search on Adcom and found lots of info; I'm guessing perhaps I might have said something in those other threads. :)
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass

Pass Aleph 30; Eastern Electric Mini Max; Adcom GDA600; MIT S3/Z Pc; SDA 1C; Squeezebox; Tubes add soul!

Quote Originally Posted by heiney9 View Post
    I don't vote in polls like this because it's like American Idol; it becomes a popularity contest.
    Thats quite possibly the worst sounding amplifier I've ever heard in my life. It was off-key, off-pitch, and god-aweful bad. Its heavy too. Lacks inputs, outputs, and I want every penny I paid for it back.

(to the chorus of boos)

What, I'm just being honest!!!
    Do you hear that buzzing noise?

Thread Information