Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default Buying older polks, RT2000i or LS90?

Hey guys, im looking to add some new main speakers to my HT & I can get a good deal on some LS90's or RT2000i's. I've never heard any of them but used to own RT55i's so I know how the tri-lams sound. I only need these for home theater & have a Emotiva 200x5 amp thats going to be powering them. I've kinda always wanted to try the LS90's but if the 2000's sound a little better then I would go with them.

Member Sales Rating: (17)

My biased opinion is for the LS90s. Absolutely can't go wrong for music or HT. One of, if not the, finest speaker manufactured by Polk (price vs performance).

Member Sales Rating: (23)

Quote Originally Posted by DaveMuell View Post
    My biased opinion is for the LS90s. Absolutely can't go wrong for music or HT. One of, if not the, finest speaker manufactured by Polk (price vs performance).
    I love my Ls90's more with each day...the more clean power they get... the better they open up and sing....and they look great...........

Sweet, just bought some mint ls90's for $300. Pretty excited, now I dont have to use my sub when playing music & I will get back that mid-bass for ht that I lost when I went to bookshelf speakers for mains.

Member Sales Rating: (17)

Congrats! Just finished the Pistons-Celtics game on mine. It is so nice to not even notice your speakers while enjoying a game or a movie.
    Last edited by DaveMuell; 05-21-2008 at 07:34 AM.

Audiophile
    Member Sales Rating: (30)

Nice grab on the LS90s! I have heard great things about those, but have never heard them myself. I'd love to hear your review of them if you have the time.

Member Sales Rating: (23)

Quote Originally Posted by Meeks32 View Post
    Sweet, just bought some mint ls90's for $300. Pretty excited, now I dont have to use my sub when playing music & I will get back that mid-bass for ht that I lost when I went to bookshelf speakers for mains.
    Thats what I got mine for with a 350ls center thrown in....you will enjoy em for both HT and 2 channel...I have them sitting on a stone base with the flat metal feet.....I have upgraded 3 times and they keep sounding better with each improvment....you can find the 350 center channel on the bay for under 150 and its a great match...some use the 400 for a center, was going to try one but they go for much more almost twice the 350....enjoy

Yea, I used to have a RT55i & cs400i setup before I traded them in to try another brand. I may try the cs400 again but I hated how it looked on my tv. I would really like to have a cabinet maker build me a box that is wider & not as tall and try to transfer the components over along with the correct porting. Maybe finish it in a nice piano black. I like the looks of the cs350 but people say they like the cs400 better. But im going to use the Swan center I have for the first few weeks though.

Member Sales Rating: (4)

Southern New Jersey, the clean part, where all the manure is...

If it were me I'd use the CS350. It's the perfect match. I have one or two, and they are excellent performers, and they have the look you are shooting for...

Nevermind, the guy who I was buying them from decided today to sell them to someone else who would also take his cs350. So my search for some ls90's still continues.

Thread Information