Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (5)

Default RTi10 and CSiA4 or A6

I've been reading that the CSiA6 is a better match for my brand new RTi10's. I'm wondering if its in my best interest to return my CSiA4 and spend the extra $150 on the CSiA6?

Member Sales Rating: (2)

If you are worried about it, just buy the A6 and test them both back to back. If you honestly can't tell a difference just keep the A4 and return the other. Some will say the A6 is better, others would say the A4 is fine and $150 could be better spent. In the end it is weather or not YOU notice improvement.

If it's not too late: I've got the RTi10's and originally had a CSi3. I recently got a CSiA6 -- THAT's what you'll want.

One word of caution: the A6 is absolutely humongus... check for space.
    LR Setup:
    Polk RTi10's, RTi6's, CSiA6 (5 ch setup)
    Onkyo 705 & Denon 3808ci Receiver, Onk 875
    Parasound 2250 Amp
    Sony 26" KDL series Bravia LCD
    Panny DMR-EH75 Recorder
    Panny DVD-F87 (5 disk DVD player)
    NAD T585 (DVD/SACD)
    Yamaha DVD-C961 (5 disk SACD/DVD)
    SciAnt Explorer 8500HD Cable Box
    Orig & 5Gen iPods, , Wii

------------
    Plans/Fantasies:
    400 disk player that handles ALL formats, sounds as good as NAD with Panasonic interface & compatability.

Well the CSiA4 is big (to me). I havent seen the A6 in person.

The trouble i am having now is where to put it. My only choice seems to be wall mounting it above my tv. But the speaker has nothing on the back for any sort of speaker mount. And for the life of me i cant seem to find a good shelve. I went to Home Depot thinking it would be easy, but they didnt have anything that i could see working. I have to go out again tomorrow and scramble around trying to find something.

My luck the studs wont be where they need to be either lol. I'll end up having to use wall anchors instead probably. Just hope they will hold and the speaker wont come crashing down on my brand new tv.

Once i can find a shelve, i'll be able to really get this set up going.

EDIT: I found a solution to my mounting issue. Just got some black shelve brackets at Lowes, put them up nice and even, and the center sits on them perfectly:D. I even have a couple some extra room to work with so i am going to look at the CSiA6 soon.
    Last edited by metal83; 05-18-2008 at 01:05 PM.

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Well I have the RTI 10's and the CSi A4 and I love it haven't tried the A6 but trust me the A4 sounds damn good

I actually just got back from Tweeter, they didnt have the CSiA6 on display, but they had the A4 and it did sound awesome. So i'm going to stick with it, i've got 30 days if i want to return it anyways. Plus i could always use the upgrade progam if i keep it longer (that last for a yr). I also Picked up some RTiA1's for my rears while i was there, i liked how they sounded. The RTiA3's sound good to, but they didnt have them in stock and i figured i would try the lowers ones first, then move up if need be.

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Quote Originally Posted by metal83 View Post
    I actually just got back from Tweeter, they didnt have the CSiA6 on display, but they had the A4 and it did sound awesome. So i'm going to stick with it, i've got 30 days if i want to return it anyways. Plus i could always use the upgrade progam if i keep it longer (that last for a yr). I also Picked up some RTiA1's for my rears while i was there, i liked how they sounded. The RTiA3's sound good to, but they didnt have them in stock and i figured i would try the lowers ones first, then move up if need be.
    I know you will enjoy the A4's

Metal 3 - I'm sure You'll love your purchase (If you thought the A4 was large, the A6 would make you nauseous)
    I just ended up having to design a whole (uggggly but functional) cabinet around it, since my set up is not against a wall, wall brackets not a solution. I'd considered a stand to hold up my TV - but realized my cab space was already way too tight.

Good luck, enjoy your newfound audiobliss.

I'm thinking about actually returning the CSiA4 for the CSiA6 today. I know its said that both are a good match for the RTi10's, but considering the A6 has the 6.5 Drivers like the RTi10's, wouldnt it definetly be the better match? It is good to have all the same size drivers correct?

Thread Information