Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: amp shootout

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Default amp shootout

Just curious if any have seen this and what you think of it.... http://stereomojo.com/SHOOTOUT2007INTEGRATEDS.htm

the results seem suprising to say the least and I find it curious that in one round the panny got high marks and the next round it didn't get one vote.

I came across it checking out info on the Onkyo, that integrated seems to get high marks everywhere.

Member Sales Rating: (27)

Wasn't our own Russman part of this shooutout, or was that the bookshelf speaker one?

Results don't surprise me, I found the Trends phenomenal for the $. I have used the T-amp, Super-T, and Trends, and have heard the Panny. I did my own comparison between the Trends, my Earthquake, and a 3886 gainclone and came away shocked.

Member Sales Rating: (0)

I was not familiar with Trends. I find it hard to believe that a 15 watt amp will drive Polk's 4 ohm speakers. The specs on the amp aren't particularly impressive to me either.

It goes to show you that specs and watts don't necessarily mean a lot. But that being said, I still don't believe 15 watts is enough to cut it for most of the speakers we talk about here. If you're running it full out just to get the speakers to chirp, it can't be a good thing.

Regards.

Member Sales Rating: (27)

I didn't really buy it until I tried one. I bought some LSi 9s this weekend and I brought my SI T-amp to demo them with, which is ~9wpc into a 4ohm load. The guy I was buying them seemed quite shocked by how good and how loud the little $35 amp got, I was pretty surprised they handled the 9s so well. The Trends from my experience is even better, and has much higher peaks then the SI.

I tried it a while back with my 7s, the Trends got loud enough for 90% of my listening but when I really pushed it things fell apart. I now have a 30wpc amp and have never been happier with my PC rig.
    Last edited by Gaara; 05-20-2008 at 06:49 PM.

Thread Information