Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default Matching Monitor 70s with CSR center?

I currently own a pair of Monitor 70 fronts and I have the chance to get a CSR center speaker for a really good price. I know it's not the 'recommended' match but how well do you guys think it would work?

Quote Originally Posted by bigsid05 View Post
    I currently own a pair of Monitor 70 fronts and I have the chance to get a CSR center speaker for a really good price. I know it's not the 'recommended' match but how well do you guys think it would work?
    Hello bigsid:

I just bought a CSR which I will be setting up along with four new Polk R150s. I'll let everyone know how the CSR sounds after I get everything set up and balanced. But I won't be able to get to that until this weekend.

That may not help so much with your Monitor 70s, But at least I'll know how it sounds versus a Klipsch RC-10, and before that, a Polk RM202.

Best wishes,

Most people seem to be of the opinion that you really want the fronts and center to match. You can get a CS2 for about $160 on amazon, assuming you have the room... Please don't take offense when I say you have nice fronts, why cheap out on the center? On the other hand, if you can get the CSR for $50, then there's not much risk.

Quote Originally Posted by NewHTguy View Post
    Most people seem to be of the opinion that you really want the fronts and center to match. You can get a CS2 for about $160 on amazon, assuming you have the room... Please don't take offense when I say you have nice fronts, why cheap out on the center? On the other hand, if you can get the CSR for $50, then there's not much risk.
    I was building this as more of a budget setup as I got a killer deal on the 70s as well. But, I decided that the common opinion was right and I didn't want to completely cheap out so I'm going to get myself a CS2. Thanks for the help!

Glad to hear. Pretty sure you won't regret it. Especially since the prices are very reasonable right now. I paid $199 for my CS2 back around Christmas. But be prepared for the size. It's big!

Thread Information