In about a week.. i'll be shipping out a turntable I'm selling... it's been years since I last packed up a turntable for shipping. I do know the basics of shipping electronics.. but as you know.. turntables.. esp 22 lb ones take extra care.
so here is a brief description of some basic things I was going to do.
1. remove the platter and wrap separately in bubble wrap
2. remove the cartridge and place it in a secure hard case with the stylus guard in place.
3. separately wrap the dust cover in bubble wrap
4. ? how do I then wrap the base and the tonearm?
5. when packing in a box. make sure the platter is far away from the dust cover and the tonearm. basically wrapped and inbetween two thick flat pieces of styrofoam.
my biggest concern is the tonearm and the base itself. The base is heavy wood... but the tone arm is delicate. I maybe should remove the tone arm too and wrap separately.
i'm open to any and all suggestions... esp those of you peeps who have shipped multiple turntables.