Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Member Sales Rating: (16)

Default Anyone have any experience with this?

Looking into buying this product for my system. Reviews look good but does anyone here have any experience with these?

http://www.beachaudio.com/Belkin/Ap1...CID=C12585x003

Member Sales Rating: (6)

No experience but here's another place with a few reviews

http://www.buy.com/prod/pureav-ap110...3.html#cRevSec

Member Sales Rating: (19)

HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50 LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

"God grooves with tubes."

Member Sales Rating: (24)

I have it for my system and like it a lot. I have peace of mind now with regards to power surges, etc. Heavy. well-built and positive reviews. For the price, it's hard to beat (I got it for $35).

Shawn

Just ordered one from buy.com. With free shipping, it's a no brainer.
    HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50 LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

Member Sales Rating: (13)

Wow, this looks like a steal. I'm putting it on my short list.

Quote Originally Posted by Early B. View Post
    I never qualify for free shipping since I live on the island. I ended up buying it on ebay. 48.00 + 15.00 to ship. Thanks for the feedback/links BTW. I did a search and came up with zip.

My PureAV arrived today and Holy Cow! I didn't expect this thing to be that much of an improvement.
    Even the wifey noticed the better pq. And what's even better, the seller upgraded me to the AP11201FC-12 for the same cost. 12 outlets and 6490 joules better than the AP11000FC-10. For the price, this is a decent product. I'm a hauoli Hawaiian.

Early B.,
    Let me know your impressions with this. I'm particularly interested if this power conditioner improves the sonics. I see above that it improves pq, but that isn't my main focus. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ern Dog View Post
    Early B.,
    Let me know your impressions with this. I'm particularly interested if this power conditioner improves the sonics. I see above that it improves pq, but that isn't my main focus. thanks
    Ern Dog, I'll add by saying "yes" I have my sub hooked into this and it sounds to be a bit more responsive. I've turned down the gain a tad bit from where I had it set before. I don't have any way of measuring things sonically so I'm just going with what my ears tell me. I was using a Monster HT800 surge protector. It has little if any power filtration. This Belkin is an improvement all around IMO and gives me more piece of mind.

Member Sales Rating: (23)

Quote Originally Posted by Keiko View Post
    My PureAV arrived today and Holy Cow! I didn't expect this thing to be that much of an improvement.
    Even the wifey noticed the better pq. And what's even better, the seller upgraded me to the AP11201FC-12 for the same cost. 12 outlets and 6490 joules better than the AP11000FC-10. For the price, this is a decent product. I'm a hauoli Hawaiian.
    A happy Hawaiian :D

Quote Originally Posted by NotaSuv View Post
    A happy Hawaiian :D
    and I no need pakalolo to be hauoli either cuz. Da kine poke, wahines in bikinis, cool waves and a tasty mai tai is all I'll ever need. ;)

Early B.,
    Will do, but I don't expect any SQ or PQ improvements at all. I've owned a Belkin PureAV with battery backup before. Right now I'm using a power strip, so I just want a little more peace of mind with this product.

Yeah, mine arrived today, two days earlier than expected. I also got the 12 outlet version even though I ordered the 10. This must be a marketing ploy because I purchased a PureAV product last year and the same thing occurred. It's a lot larger than I expected, too.

Yeah, mine arrived today, two days earlier than expected. I also got the 12 outlet version even though I ordered the 10. This must be a marketing ploy because I purchased a PureAV product last year and the same thing occurred. It's a lot larger than I expected, too.
    That's good news. Well how does it sound?

That's good news. Well how does it sound?

No difference in sound or picture quality as far as I can tell. I didn't expect it. My power is relatively clean and I was already using a power conditioner. I don't know the A/B effect between the PureAV and going straight to the wall. I bought it primarily for the cool factor and for a bit more protection.

Cool that you scored on the upgrade too Early. The 2 extra outlets came in handy in my case plus this one has a bit more surge protection. Mine fits nice and discreet behind my sound projector on a Bello stand, but easily accessible.

Member Sales Rating: (5)

I also received the upgraded model today. I probably need another one, since I've got my rig split up over 2 15 amps circuits. I'm happy I picked up the protection though. I'll put one amp, the TV, pre/pro and the DVD and BR player on it and see how much current I draw. The other 2 amps and the sub (which can draw over a kilowatt by itself) I'll leave on my Belken surge protector on the other circuit.

Combo rig:

Onkyo NR1007 pre-pro, Carver TFM 45(fronts), Carver TFM 35 (surrounds)
    SDA 1C, CS400i, SDA 2B
    PB13Ultra RO
    BW Silvers
    Oppo BDP-83SE

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Temple View Post
    I also received the upgraded model today. I probably need another one, since I've got my rig split up over 2 15 amps circuits. I'm happy I picked up the protection though. I'll put one amp, the TV, pre/pro and the DVD and BR player on it and see how much current I draw. The other 2 amps and the sub (which can draw over a kilowatt by itself) I'll leave on my Belken surge protector on the other circuit.
    Ron,
    Did the power conditioner change the sonics in your rig in any way?

If it did, the differences are subtle. I did think (maybe) PQ on upconverted DVDs improved. I watched an episode of Dexter and some TV...no music. It's a nice unit that tells me I'm not outputting nearly the amps I thought I was at normal volume. I think I'm going to put both big amps on it's high currant outputs and see what happens.

Combo rig:

SDA 1C, CS400i, SDA 2B
    PB13Ultra RO
    BW Silvers
    Oppo BDP-83SE

Ron,
    Did the power conditioner change the sonics in your rig in any way?
    Well, I've got to say, that my rig now sounds awesome ;)...but, then it did before. Seriously, I'm going to have to re-calibrate. My surround amp and sub are now louder in relation to my front soundstage, not by much on the surrounds, maybe a db or 2. I knocked down the sub 3 db. The sub and surround amp are not on the PureAV. So I assume the filtering is doing something. Also, it looks like I can put the surround amp (Carver TFM35) on the conditioner without worrying about drawing too much. At loud volume, I'm outputting about 3-4amps.

Pretty neat product.

Combo rig:

SDA 1C, CS400i, SDA 2B
    PB13Ultra RO
    BW Silvers
    Oppo BDP-83SE

I'm very pleased with this device plus more assured on protection. With my receiver, amp and sound projector Ron I'm maxing 2-3 amps tops.

I'm very pleased with this device plus more assured on protection. With my receiver, amp and sound projector Ron I'm maxing 2-3 amps tops.
    Yep, I've got the Luxman, Amp One, HK, Mits DLP, Oppo and Sony on the conditioner. I'm going to add the Carver and my Comcast HD/DVR and see where that puts me. I'm thinking it might help having cable filtered. I know putting the Ultra on it would be a stretch for one 15amp circuit.

Combo rig:

SDA 1C, CS400i, SDA 2B
    PB13Ultra RO
    BW Silvers
    Oppo BDP-83SE

disregard
    Last edited by Keiko; 06-11-2008 at 07:17 PM.

Interesting, are you guys saying that the Belkin unit indicates how many amps is being drawn through it or are you just guessing? This would be a cool feature if it does.

Evidently my first reply got lost ...the conditioner they sent us has lights on the left side to indicate how many volts are coming out of the wall, lights on the right indicate how many amps are output...goes from .5 to 15. Seems to work correctly :)

Combo rig:

SDA 1C, CS400i, SDA 2B
    PB13Ultra RO
    BW Silvers
    Oppo BDP-83SE

Member Sales Rating: (31)

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Temple View Post
    Evidently my first reply got lost ...the conditioner they sent us has lights on the left side to indicate how many volts are coming out of the wall, lights on the right indicate how many amps are output...goes from .5 to 15. Seems to work correctly :)
    I don't believe I've been past 8 on mine, you're a brave man. :D

Quote Originally Posted by Face View Post
    I don't believe I've been past 8 on mine, you're a brave man. :D
    Just describing the device. I haven't/wouldn't take it that high. I think 8 would scare me :p.

Combo rig:

SDA 1C, CS400i, SDA 2B
    PB13Ultra RO
    BW Silvers
    Oppo BDP-83SE

Just out of curiosity, I switched on every unit (12 devices) I have plugged into this thing while listening at my usual volume level. Topped out at 4 amps.

SNAP! Now that I have the cash to buy it, the price is now $96 and they are out of stock. I'll keep searching around for a better deal. Found some on Amazon but with shipping it was $70.

Update: I just found some on ebay... hope I win
    Last edited by Ern Dog; 06-15-2008 at 02:49 AM.

Thread Information