I just noticed that there is a line out jack on the back of the RT3000's. It is labeled 80 Hz HIGH PASS. Should this jack be connected back to a reciever when line in is being feed from a pre out.

I have an Onkyo TX-DS777 and my left and right pre out jacks are jumpered to left and right in jacks just above them from the factory. I was going to use a y adapter to feed the signal right back in, but would I be better off using the output of the tower base for feeding that jack. If I don't feed the jack back in, then I lose left and right from the speaker posts .

I am guessing that this is why the jack is present on the speaker, but I wanted to make sure before I used it. Does the top of the tower need to have the sub frequencies filtered out so that it is necessary to feed out of this jack? If that is the case then I guess I had better hook it up.

Sorry to ask so many questions, but this jack is not described in the manual as far as I can tell. It is in the pictures, but no descriptions.

Thank you for the help.