Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Member Sales Rating: (43)

17*17
    Thanks Chuck
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben

Member Sales Rating: (28)

Quote Originally Posted by ben62670 View Post
    17*17
    Thanks Chuck
    Might want him to make it bigger for when you upgrade to a VPI in about a 6-12 months ;)

Since early 2006, I've been through 2 Technics, 1 Yamaha, 1 Oracle, and finally my VPI, which is going nowhere. I also have a spare Technics SL1300 laying around too. Vinyl is addictive!

Well I just picked up the 200gram DSOTM album today. I am getting ready to spin it. What is the 1300 like? Any good?
    Thanks
    Ben
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben

What is the 1300 like? Any good?
    Thanks
    Ben
    Its supposed to be pretty good, but I've never actually played any vinyl on it.

I'll test it for ya;)
    Thanks
    Ben

I'll test it for ya;)
    It doesn't have a cartridge at the moment, which is why I haven't used it.

Pmount or 1/2"?
    Thanks
    Ben

Pmount or 1/2"?
    1/2". I've been looking for a decent cheap cart, but then decided to just hold off and get an M97xe. Just haven't pulled the trigger yet.
    Last edited by billbillw; 01-26-2009 at 03:30 PM.

That looks like a pretty cool table. The direct drive is not a sought after thing, but the way they implamented it is good. I wish I had a cartridge we could play with.
    Time for me to spin some more vinyl.
    Ben
    Thanks
    Ben

Member Sales Rating: (12)

Last edited by SCompRacer; 07-17-2008 at 02:08 AM.
    Make yourself necessary to someone. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Salk SoundScape 8's
    Krell KSL Class A Pre w/ KSL Phono
    Krell Class A KSA-250
    Harmonic Technology Pro 9+
    Squeezebox Touch / Welborne Labs PS / I2S Out Mod
    Denon 3910 w/I2S/DSD Out
    Twisted Pear Buffalo III Dual Mono ESS Sabre32 DAC
    Sennheiser HD650
    Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive
    AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm
    AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R
    Shunyata Hydra (Original)
    NHT B-12d subs
    GIK Acoustic Treatments

CP Showcase

Yes Rich I just may do that;)
    Thanks
    Ben
    Thanks
    Ben

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Quote Originally Posted by stereo_luver View Post
    Ben give me some measurements on the size of your TT base. I am making several isolation decks from granite and marble out here on the west coast while I have the chance to get the material. You'll just need to supply some isolation feet under the decks. It looks like 18"x14" is the average but check your's anyway.

Chuck
    Chuck - tried to reply to your PM about these slabs, but your mailbox is full. Feel free to contact me directly at kma_av at yahoo.com.
    Main HT:
    Epson 7500UB
    135" Elite Screens fixed frame
    Onkyo TX-SR805
    Emotiva UPA-7
    Oppo BDP-83
    Toshiba HD-XA2
    Panamax M5410 Pro
    Polk RTi A7's, CSi A6, TC80i, 65-RT
    Seaton Sound/MCCA MFW "Turbo" (orig. AV123 MFW-15)
    Velodyne SMS-1
    I/Cs: Kimber 8TC/WBTs (fronts); MP 12ga (surrounds), MP HDMI (all sources), some BJC sprinkled thruout
    Harmony 1100
    Salamander Triple 20 C/B

* FOR SALE NOW: CSi40, Harmony 1100

Member Sales Rating: (0)

QUESTION: HELP I bought a dead mint JVC turntable vintage very nice BUT its from the CD4 quad system ( the receiver and records are all 4 channel quad as is the turntables cartridge) I put on a SHURE vr15 stereo cartridge and when playing a regular record im missing alot of the music ( very faint but definitly not right) the wires on BOTH the stereo and 4 channel cartridge both only have 4 wires red blue white and green and BOTH in the same set up ( where the wires attach to the cartridge and the head. The wires on my technics are Green/ Red going to the one side RCA and the blue/white going to the other RCA . there were two BLACK wires coming out of the arm housing and I disconnected them ( they were attached to some of the colored wires where the RCA wires meet them) with the black wires attached and taken off its the same still Much of the music is missing. Is there anyone with set up info for this, Im guessing the signal from the cartridge is proper as its the same as the regular shure BUT I may have missed a step.. any help.

Could it be the ONE of the wires (red blue green white) is not connected. I guess I can check, but would ONE of them case this? thanks

Banned
    Member Sales Rating: (14)

IIRC you have to play a four channel record using a four channel cartridge. The Shure V15 is a two channel cartridge. Look at it this way. Try playing a mono record with a stereo cartridge. It still produces mono.

Member Sales Rating: (25)

Wow, they made 4 channel Vinyl? Phew-I'm def outta the loop there.

HT:Onkyo 805, Emotiva XPA-5, Mitsu 52" 1080p DLP / polkaudio RTi12, CSIa6, FXi3, uPro4K
    2-chnl : Pio DV-46AV (SACD), Dodd ELP, Emotiva XPA-1s, XPA-2, Odyssey Khartago, LSi9, SDA-SRS 2 , SB Duet, MSB & Monarchy DACs, Yamaha PX3 TT, SAE Tuner...
    Pool: Atrium 60's/45's

The quad cartridges just had extended high frequency response. They were not really a 4 channel cartridge. The CD4 rear channel tracks were just encoded into the stereo mix with a high frequency carrier, which ends up being decoded by the quad receiver.

Check continuity between each of the leads and the RCA outputs. The black wires are probably grounds for the tonearm. If you have any ground loops hum, they might help to eliminate it.

Are you sure the V15 is in good working order? If everything is working, you would at least get good quality front stereo out of the V15. It might not pick up there rear channels if the frequency response is not good enough on the high end.

Banned
    Member Sales Rating: (14)

Thanks for the clarification Bill.:)

Thread Information