Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Member Sales Rating: (7)

Default Integra up-grade

I had one of you guys to send me the up-grade for my Integra 9.8 I tried burning it to disc & after I burned it I put it back in my computer & played it & all it did was show me the file as zipped with the name! I dont know what Im doing Im willing to pay for both up-grade disc one for Onkyo 805 & Integra 9.8.thanks any help with my computer challenged A$$ will be GREAT!!!! Oh it was avguy that helped me
    Last edited by dholmes; 07-10-2008 at 10:58 AM.
    My HT set-up Panasonic front proj, 120 in ws screen, ATI amp,Integra 9.8 pre-pro, 2 Polk rti150, cp 1000, 4 fx 1000, Pioneer blu-ray 2 SVS sub pb 12-ultra 2, & Paragon popcorn popper. ps 3 Coaster leather HT recliners.

Member Sales Rating: (28)

You need to unzip the file before burning.

Here is a step by step:

-If you are using windows, double click the original DSP update file, it will automatically run Window's Unzipping wizard.

-Follow wizard instructions to Unzip the file (make sure you note the location that the file is unzipped to)

-You should now have a file called "CD_SR805 123_08214A_07518A_07820B.wav" along with instructions (a .pdf file which can be viewed with Adobe Acrobat reader)

-Use a CD burning program (not Media Player) to burn an "Audio CD" with the file mentioned above (the .wav file).

-Choose a slow burn speed and check afterward. You should see the audio track listing, not a file. You should be able to play it back in a CD player and hear noise.

Once you get the disc burned correctly, you need to follow the directions to update the DSP, which we have given directions before (press standby/display at the same time, press tone > until you see DSP1, then press Return, then play the CD)

Thanks is that for the Integra? Also do I need a unzipping program like winzip? Thats why I wanted to buy the 2 dics from anyone that would sell them! thanks again
    My HT set-up Panasonic front proj, 120 in ws screen, ATI amp,Integra 9.8 pre-pro, 2 Polk rti150, cp 1000, 4 fx 1000, Pioneer blu-ray 2 SVS sub pb 12-ultra 2, & Paragon popcorn popper. ps 3 Coaster leather HT recliners.

I checked over at AVS and it seems the same .wav file is used for the 805 and the Integra models. Whatever Onkyo sent you, should be the same file, but maybe the directions are written slightly different for the Integra models. Should be basically the same procedure though.

You don't have to have winzip. Windows XP and Vista both have built in un-zipping wizards that will work fine.
    Last edited by billbillw; 07-10-2008 at 05:41 PM.

Okay I have vista is that what is called extracting files? thanks for all your help!!

Quote Originally Posted by dholmes View Post
    Okay I have vista is that what is called extracting files? thanks for all your help!!
    Yes, extracting=unzipping.

Is there a free cd-dvd burner program out there Ive tried nero & roxio,just trying to save $$$

Google is your friend.
    I am partial to Nero and I thought they had a free trial version that will let you burn audio CDs.

Member Sales Rating: (11)

Windows already has a built-in CD burning program. You just need to drag the files in the Windows Explorer to your CDRW drive.
    Panasonic PT-AE4000U projector for movies
    EluneVision 92" Cinema Gray fixed screen
    Onkyo TX-SR805 Pre/Pro
    Rotel RMB-1075 Amp
    B&W CDM1-SE fronts
    B&W CDM-CNT center
    B&W CDM1 rears
    Samsung DTB-H260F OTA HDTV tuner
    DUAL NHT SubTwo subwoofers
    Velodyne SMS-1
    Oppo BDP-93 Blu-Ray player
    Belkin PF60 Power Center
    Harmony 890 RF remote
    Panasonic TC-P50G20 TV + PS3 in the living room

Member Sales Rating: (6)

The built in XP burning will not create audio CD's.

Here is a free one that works well:

http://cdburnerxp.se/

Okay I downloaded cdburnerxp,now I opened the zip file that Kip sent me it showed 6 things & some of them where adobe pdf. If I want to save this file frome Kip where do I put it,in desk top & how do I sent it to that cd burner I just installed? Thanks everyone for your patience with me!!!

6 files? Did he send you the firmware update, or the DSP update? Only the DSP update gets burned to a CD. It is a single wave file.

If it's the firmware update, you need to connect the 9.8 to your computer with a serial cable. No CD is used at all.

Those PDF files that you recieved have detailed instructions on how to do the update. Read them carefully, it's actually quite easy.

Which one do I need to get rid of the dts pop on my Integra 9.8 & Onyko 805? thanks

The DSP update (CD) fixes the DTS pop. The latest firmware update fixes the annoying lag when switching HDMI sources, or between different surround formats. Previous firmware updates fixed other things, so if your not on 1.07 or higher, 1,08 will fix a couple other little issues as well, but I don't remember what they were anymore. You really should do both.

You must read the PDF's, they explain all this. If you aren't willing to, or are still unsure about doing these updates, you can probably get your dealer to do them for you.

Thats why I want someone to make me the discs I need & mail them to me Ill pay whatever for there trouble! thanks ps I bought it from a dealer in Texas.

Thats why I want someone to make me the discs I need & mail them to me Ill pay whatever for there trouble! thanks ps I bought it from a dealer in Texas.
    Just burn the Effing disc already using the free CD burning software linked above. Jeeze, its not rocket science. With the DSP update, there is no risk of screwing anything up. Either it works, or it doesn't.
    Burn the disc, put it in a CD/DVD, hook up Optical 1. Follow the 2-3 step directions. That's it.

I GIVE Up I tried everything you guys said,thanks,& all I get is a data disc.I downloaded unzip wizard,the cd burner & unzip the file,drgged that file to the cd burner & burn it & all I get is data no audio!!! I must a dumb ass.The cd burner still wont let me choose from audio or data!At least I can burn data! thanks for all your help I guess a computer shop in my area can do it for me.

Are you using the CD burning program that was linked by WilliamM2 above?

Are you seeing these images?
    http://www.cdburnerxp.se/help/Audio/compileaudio

Looks like the 2nd choice is Audio Disc. I've never actually used the software, so I don't know, but it looks simple as pie.

I'm still not sure what you are burning to the CD, since you say it unzipped 6 files. The DSP update only included 2 files, the PDF instructions, and the wave file.

No offense, but at this point I reccommend that you send it in, or take it to your dealer.

Thanks everyone,after I burned the disc I put it back in my computer & it shows up as a data file.Those pdf files I thought they got burned on the disc also!

Well I went to a computer store & asked them to burn the disc for & they said it couldnt be done as audio only as data,so you guys must be very good with computers.

You must not be dealing with the correct file for the DSP update. As said before, it should be a .wav file, which is audio and can easily be burned as an audio disc.

Download this file, it is the one you need. It only contains the .wav and a pdf instruction sheet.

http://rapidshare.de/files/38949782/...-_905.zip.html

Member Sales Rating: (0)

dholmes. It would help if you READ the INSTRUNCTIONS, or perhaphs you don't kown what the instruction are telling you...

Per instruction:
    “Unzip the file, burn it as Audio-CD and finalize it.”

This means:
    1. Copy the ZIP file to your computer
    2. Extract the files inside the zip file – I guess you will get 3-6 files
    3. One of them is a .wav file?
    4. use a CD burn program – start the CD burn program…
    5. In my case I just happen to use Nero,
    6. from the CD burn program select BURN AUDIO CD – If you happen to select BURN DATA CD this will be your ERROR as you supposed to select BURN AUDIO CD
    7. using the CD burn program bowse to locate the .wav file, select it
    8. Make sure you have selected the option to finalize the CD after is done creating
    9. BURN the CD.
    Last edited by olilugo; 07-19-2008 at 09:11 AM.
    Current HT setup
    Mains: B&W 804s
    Center: Polk CSi5
    Surround: Polk FXi3
    Sub: Velodyne DLS-3750R
    Receiver: Pioneer SC-07
    Amplifier: Sunfire TGA5200
    TV: Sony KDS60A2020
    DBP: Sony DBP-S350
    CDP: Pioneer DV-48AV
    Interconnect cables: SignalCable analog II
    speaker cables: SignalCable Ultra Speaker Cables Bi-wire

Member Sales Rating: (4)

Send it in or just take it to a local dealer in Kentucky and see if one will help you out. I would call first, though. Didn't you buy it from a dealer somewhere around there?

Here are the cities that Integra dealers are in....
    ASHLAND
    BOWLING GREEN
    CRESTVIEW HILLS
    LEXINGTON
    LOUISVILLE
    MAYFIELD
    NEWPORT
    OWENSBORO

Or go to the www.integrahometheater.com website, on the left side of the page, click on the "Find an Authorized Dealer" icon and go from there.
    Richard? Who's your favorite Little Rascal? Alfalfa? Or is it........................Spanky?................. ................Sinner.

If it can't be done, you have downloaded the wrong file, probably the main firmware update. Look at the pic I have attached. I have circled the file you need to burn to disk, it is the only file that goes on the disc.

Read the instruction, you must also connect a CD player to the unit with an optical cable on Optical 1. This is the only way it will work. It is all in the instructions.
    Attached Images  

avguytx,

Any word on the next firmware update for the 9.8? Is it on their site yet? Rumor has it that is supposed to be released this month. I think it may be the last one ever, since they have just announced the DTC 9.9 and PR-SC886 being released in September.

Member Sales Rating: (4)

Nothing has been posted on the support site about it yet. I would imagine they would do firmware upgrades for at least a couple more years as this line has only been out around a year.
    Richard? Who's your favorite Little Rascal? Alfalfa? Or is it........................Spanky?................. ................Sinner.

Hey I think I done it! I down load the file to my desk top,then I clicked & dragged it over to cdburnerxp & burned it.I played it back & there was a horrible cracking noise then a tone cracking noise again & finally old dial-up sound the disc lasted for about 45 sec-1 min,I for got to choose a record speed cd burner didnt give me that choice.thanks

Guys,what instructions do I follow?The pdf file makes no mention of the 9.8 just the txsr 705,875,905. it does show the version of 705,805,,,also did I burn the disc correctly?? thanks & where not all that dumb in Ky.

Guys,what instructions do I follow?The pdf file makes no mention of the 9.8 just the txsr 705,875,905. it does show the version of 705,805,,,also did I burn the disc correctly?? thanks & where not all that dumb in Ky.
    I think you have the disc correct finally.
    Now, just follow the instructions for the 805. See Post #2

Thread Information