TDA1541 is a very popular IC, with clear background and high reality! Especial for the S1 grade. I have 2 pcs.
This kit uses Hi-End components like Dale resistors, Solen, WIMA, Nichicon capacitors, TDA1541A, CS8414, SAA7220 and AD797.
Input signal: Digital audio from CD player, e.g. S/PDIF
Output signal: Analog audio signal with high S/N ratio for pre amplifier or amplifier.
1. The PCB can use the IC: TDA1541 / TDA1541A, CS8412/CS8414(come with conversion PCB) and SAA7220
2. Output Opamps can use AD797/ NE5534/OPA627
3. Required power supply: 12VAC, 15VAC and 20VAC x2
4. PCB thickness: 2.5mm and copper 2oz. Lead free
However, it is not easy to assemble without the guide.
A) To ensure circuit of power supply is functional, please do the follow test before plugging in any ICs:
1. Assemble all components except ICs for protection
2. Measure L1, 47UH (5V supply for SAA7220)
3. Measure L2, 47UH (-15V supply for TDA1541)
4. Measure L3, 47UH (-5V supply for TDA1541)
5. Measure L4, 47UH (5V supply for TDA1541)
6. Measure L5, 47UH (5V supply for CS8412)
7. Measure L6, 47UH (5V supply for CS8412)
8. Measure C29, 100nF (+18V supply for AD797/NE5534/OPA627
9. Measure C30, 100nF (-18V supply for AD797/NE5534/OPA627
B) After the power supply is functional, you can install each ICs and make the whole kit work.
If you use 1K Ohm for R25, for C33, please use 0.047UF. Do not assemble C35.
If you use 470 Ohm for R25, for C33, please use 0.22UF and for C35, please use 3300P.