Well, over the summer I moved down to Houston and was able to snag a few good local deals on brand new LSi9s and HSU STF 2 and also bought a Parasound amp for pretty cheap on ebay and my marantz for about 60% off, just things I coulnd't pass up.
All my new gear was sitting up in my computer room in houston waiting to be shipped back to Columbia. I had to look at it not being used for about 6 weeks!!!
Anyway I finally got all of my stuff back and hooked up today so I will give my first impression rundown on all of my stuff.
- The imaging is great. When listening in 2 channel, I would at times put my ear next to my center channel because I thought there was sound coming out, but nope!
- Plays instruments and female vocals extremely well.
- 10x12 bedroom, so this covers all the bass I need.
- Had to turn the volume down to 50-60% because I was tired of having my head vibrate.
- A good punchy sound. No booms or long lasting rattles.
- In my room can it can hit low, hard, and fast.
- Haven't cranked up my LSi9s very much but the 2 or 3 times I did, the amp kept up with ease.
- Doesn't run hot
- Some people have had issues with a hum or buzz. I did for the first 5 min of owning, then it disappeared.
- Delivers crips, clean, detailed power.
- Runs pretty warm, only used to power center, surr, surr back.
- Haven't explored this unit too much as of now.
- Seems to deliver pretty good on all of its features.
- A little difficult to navigate and turn on certain features. Some of this could be from unfamiliarity.
- Gives a good sound to the speakers it runs.
All in all I couldn't be any happier with my setup. The sub and 9s work extremely well together. The amp details the highs very well. I brought in a buddy of mine to hear it and all he could say was "I am beside myself right now"
All of the audio I have listened to have been MP3s, and live concerts. Can someone tell me how much of an improvement I will see when I use a nice CDP/DVD Player, and even SACD?
Thanks for taking the time in reading this, I will update my thoughts/opinions/experiences as I get used to this. If someone knows how long the 9s take to break in that would help me a lot!