Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1

    Member Sales Rating: (44)

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    INDIANA
    Posts
    2,866

    Default Gorgeous RT800i's

    Theres an absolutely gorgeous pair of RT800i's in cherry on the Indianapolis Craigslist.

    http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/ele/840419346.html

    I have no affiliation with the add.

    But I am very Tempted to say the least.... I hate the trilam tweeter. But. at that price. They would be a good speaker for something....

    I didn't even know they made these in cherry!!



    Nick

  2. #2

    Member Sales Rating: (11)

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    L.A.
    Posts
    3,190

    Default

    I got my two RT800s out of the garage recently just to hook them up to the TV in the family room with a Denon 3200 (no sub, surrounds or center). Great bass, pretty laid back sound (certainly not bright, which was how the RTi A5 were described recently in another thread) and if you don't like the tri-laminate tweeter, I think replacements from Polk Audio are silk (they don't ship the originals IIRC).

  3. #3

    Member Sales Rating: (44)

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    INDIANA
    Posts
    2,866

    Default

    I don't know if the price on these is a steal or not.

    But I got a little excited over them.

    I remember being in high school and lusting after this particular model and dreaming of owning them one day.

    Well.. When I got a little older I bought a pair and they were my first pair of polks I ever bought. The only difference being they were black and not the i series.

    Seeing these in cherry sparked something in me and I am thinking about buying them for sentimental reasons.


    Nick

  4. #4

    Member Sales Rating: (44)

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    INDIANA
    Posts
    2,866

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kex View Post
    I got my two RT800s out of the garage recently just to hook them up to the TV in the family room with a Denon 3200 (no sub, surrounds or center). Great bass, pretty laid back sound (certainly not bright, which was how the RTi A5 were described recently in another thread) and if you don't like the tri-laminate tweeter, I think replacements from Polk Audio are silk (they don't ship the originals IIRC).


    Sweet.

    How about some pics?

    I don't know what it is about the RT800's. But I think there one of Polks best looking speakers IMO.


    Nick

  5. #5

    Member Sales Rating: (16)

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Jessup Pa
    Posts
    1,045

    Default

    Hi guys, I am new here. I just purchased a new black set from a closeout for $200.00 I have heard these speakers in the Circuit City sound room and think they are excellent for the money. Especially when you use a good subwoofer with it.

  6. #6

    Member Sales Rating: (44)

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    INDIANA
    Posts
    2,866

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bluecomet View Post
    Hi guys, I am new here. I just purchased a new black set from a closeout for $200.00 I have heard these speakers in the Circuit City sound room and think they are excellent for the money. Especially when you use a good subwoofer with it.


    You got a new pair of RT800i's?


    I didn't think that would possible as old as they are.


    If so. Nice score. There a GREAT speaker for the price.

    And welcome to club polk.

    Nick

  7. #7

    Member Sales Rating: (20)

    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    7th Circle of Hell - aka DFW
    Posts
    10,428

    Default

    $200? If you're close they're a great set of speakers for that price...
    Main HT
    Magnepan 1.6QR fronts, POlk R15 surrounds, Pioneer SC-25, Parasound Halo A23, Oppo BDP-105, Panasonic TC-P60ZT60, Sony PS3, Apple TV

    Bedroom System
    Polk Blackstone TL3, Polk PSWi225 Wireless Sub, HK 3490 Integrated, Oppo BDP-103, Sharp Aquos 32" TV, Apple TV

    Office Rig
    27" iMac w/Amarra, AudioQuest Dragonfly 1.2, Focal XS Book, Schiit Valhalla, Cypher Labs Theorem 720, Philips Fidelio X1, Sennheiser HD600, HiFiMan HE-500, B&W P7, LG 47LM7600, Sony PS3, Apple TV

  8. #8

    Member Sales Rating: (44)

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    INDIANA
    Posts
    2,866

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AsSiMiLaTeD View Post
    $200? If you're close they're a great set of speakers for that price...


    About an hour drive.


    Nick

  9. #9

    Member Sales Rating: (11)

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    L.A.
    Posts
    3,190

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nikolas812 View Post
    About an hour drive.


    Nick
    Nick, darn it all ... you have other fish to fry! I know sentimental reasons are hard to ignore, but restrain yourself ... !

    They'ld be a good buy for another Polkie though.

  10. #10

    Member Sales Rating: (36)

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    5,199

    Default

    Nik,

    Upgrade the crossovers on your Lsis, then buy another stereo Khartago and some Emmys. I'm sure they're great speakers but you've moved beyond them.

  11. #11

    Member Sales Rating: (11)

    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Spokane, Washington
    Posts
    15,835

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nikolas812 View Post
    Theres an absolutely gorgeous pair of RT800i's in cherry on the Indianapolis Craigslist.
    I didn't even know they made these in cherry!! Nick

    sweet cherry!

    there is something really sexy about that color for these speakers.. I think that's why they sold so many of them.. and were at one time one of the favorite towers in that line up or RTXXXi's. ;)

  12. #12

    Member Sales Rating: (20)

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    1,022

    Default

    I love my RT800i. Unfortunately they are not the cherry...those look nice!

    Pretty good price for mint condition. Sombody go get them or I'll have to take a road trip.

  13. #13

    Member Sales Rating: (44)

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    INDIANA
    Posts
    2,866

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SolidSqual View Post
    Nik,

    Upgrade the crossovers on your Lsis, then buy another stereo Khartago and some Emmys. I'm sure they're great speakers but you've moved beyond them.


    This sounds much better to me.



    Thanks for keeping me on track..:D



    Nick

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. 6 Gorgeous Books of 78's FS - Boston Area
    By BaggedLancer in forum For Sale (FS) Classifieds
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-30-2008, 05:05 PM
  2. Gorgeous Akai 4-Channel Reel/Reel
    By George Grand in forum For Sale (FS) Classifieds
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-27-2007, 08:50 AM
  3. My Rt800i's have arrived!
    By krabby5 in forum Speakers
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-09-2006, 01:01 PM
  4. Just saw some RT800i's on eBay.....
    By GregKurtz in forum For Sale (FS) Classifieds
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-31-2006, 08:33 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts