Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default samsung PN42A450

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the Samsung PN42A450 plasma tv. It is a 720p 42". I have thought of buying it, but not sure. the price is very right. It is only 800 some dollars. I have heard mixed things with plasmas. From what I have seen, the picture is gorgeous. It is very similiar to the 50" plasma my 'rents have, which I still think is better than most HDs I have seen in home, which is not many. Is it true plasmas mostly dont burn in now, other than ther 10 hours 1st or so. I have read several places that dont run still image much for that period, then usually unless you really push it they are ok. I game a lot. That is probably half my tv usage. I know they have pixel shift, screen wipes and so on. Sometimes I game for maybe 20 min, sometimes I can hit maybe 2 or more hours at a time, depending on the game. Anyone have any experience with this? I dont want to buy something I am going to damage. I game a lot on my 360. The wii some. And ps2 some also.

I also game a lot and for this reason, I decided to go with lcd. I just bought the ln40a450 from samsung and like it a lot. This is my first hd tv.

Personally I think the screen burn consideration is over hyped but prefer LCD or DLP over plasma. I have a couple of questions for you. First, have you looked at DLP? You can get a much nicer 1080P for the same ball park. Second, do you think it's worth waiting until the holiday season? It seems like the most slamming deals are around the holidays, and with retail suffering right now you may see some spectacular pricing as stores get desperate to meet comps.

yes, i have considered dlp, but partly screen size is why I am looking at dlp or plasma. I would love to go bigger, but I have looked at 46" some, and i think even that would be pushing it for dominating the room. 42" is the biggest I culd go, I believe. A friend has a huge 65 inch dlp, and I do love it, great picture. I looked up the lcd that the 1st reply suggested, seems to be mor eor less an lcd version of the plasma I had been eyeing, just a little more price wise, and 2" less, but that may not be a huge thing. I am going to look for it in the stores when I go again, just to get a feel for it. I appreciate the replies, by the way. I dont necessarily have a preference as far as tech now, for each seems to have theirs good and bad. But A lot of people i know have lcds and love them, why i have looked at them, especially from sharp and samsung, in the past.

Go for the the plasma. I have had mine for over 2 years now and it sees an average of 2-3 hours of video gaming a day, not to mention movies with black bars on top or on the sides and have not had one single problem with it. The picture is so much better than lcd or dlp. Go plasma you will not regret it. Also go for the 50" even if you think it is too much trust me it'll be worth it.
    58" Samsung Plasma (on wall)(calibrated)
    LSi15's front (modded xo's)
    LSic center
    LSiFX's sides
    LSi7's rears
    Sunfire Sig. 600 amp for 15's
    Sunfire Sig. Cinema for C,S&R
    Sony ES 3000 pre/pro
    SVS 2039 PC Plus sub 12.3 (16hz tune)
    PS3
    Wii
    Signal and Audioquest ic's
    12 awg monster speaker-cable (bi-wired)
    Belkin PF60 power conditioner
    Monster power conditioner for sub

i am never going to buy a samsung again. get a panasonic?
    ELECTRONICS
    arcam cd93
    linn wakonda
    MC2 MC450
    Teac ud h01 DAC

SPEAKERS
    Tannoy DC6 t se .

Quote Originally Posted by ward91 View Post
    i am never going to buy a samsung again. get a panasonic?
    Wow! this kind of statement helps a lot!

Thread Information