Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Quote Originally Posted by jalilig35 View Post
    wont a ported box have more bass than a sealed box? will 2 12's sealed sound louder in bass than a 1 12' ported?
    So you associate loud as sounding good?
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it

Member Sales Rating: (0)

We made a slot ported enclouser for 2 SR 12". Not for resale, but to use in displays in our dealers showrooms. I believe CS has the cut/build sheet. I'll see if I still have it.
    Ported is more efficent, but has a trade off, below the tuning of the port , the box "disappears" and power handling goes south FAST!
    Sealed is just plan safer, and the box is A lot smaller, with little output loss....
    Like the guys stated above, you need to get the levels set correctly first! With your current settings your over driving the inputs,and sending clipped/square waves to the subs. That will kill any woofer.
    Sort of like driving 70mph for hours in frist gear, and wondering why the engine blew...

Mike B.
    Mike Bobelak
    Heartland Regional Manager
    Polk Audio

Quote Originally Posted by exalted512 View Post
    So you associate loud as sounding good?
    -Cody
    not really I was saying that 1 12 ported sounded really good even at high volume no disortion

Quote Originally Posted by Mike B. View Post
    We made a slot ported enclouser for 2 SR 12". Not for resale, but to use in displays in our dealers showrooms. I believe CS has the cut/build sheet. I'll see if I still have it.
    Ported is more efficent, but has a trade off, below the tuning of the port , the box "disappears" and power handling goes south FAST!
    Sealed is just plan safer, and the box is A lot smaller, with little output loss....
    Like the guys stated above, you need to get the levels set correctly first! With your current settings your over driving the inputs,and sending clipped/square waves to the subs. That will kill any woofer.
    Sort of like driving 70mph for hours in frist gear, and wondering why the engine blew...

Mike B.
    So ur saying go with sealed, will 2 12s sealed out perform 1 12 ported in quality of the bass and how much bass there is at same volume and gain, also anyone know the airspace required on 2 12s sealed?

From the hip ~1.5cft per woofer sealed is the "best all around". Call CS and ask for Kim, he should have the box sizes for "differant" styles of bass.

The dual 12" SR ported box Josh made would rip your head off, believe it was tuned @ 28hz.
    Remember if you go ported you need to have the amp set correctly as there is less margin for error...
    Mike Bobelak
    Heartland Regional Manager
    Polk Audio

Member Sales Rating: (43)

Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben

Thread Information