looking for someone who has this head unit. Need your opinion on the unit and your help with the following:
1. Setting TA: tried following instructions in the booklet but getting stuck becoz the HU does not switch off when the source btn is kept pressed. It goes into demo mode.
2. Used the factory setting of TA just to see the effect. The sound in the drivers seat comes on axis but the sound becomes muted and somewhat muffled ie sound looses its openness. Is this the way its supposed to sound?
3. I earlier had a DEH p7000 (local variant equivalent) and although that had fewer bells and whistles the sound was sweeter. The sound from the 800 is on the brighter side. Tried using the equaliser etc.......
4. Loudness control : My older unit had three step setting for loudness lo-hi, the booklet for the 800 says the unit has three settings but I cant get the lo-hi settings when I select loudness. Its fixed on one setting (hi I think).
5. Under the sub woofer settings there are 6-7 differnt options LPF / HPF / for front and back, slope adjustments etc etc. I dont have a sub. Do I keep the sub off or can I engage the sub setting and teak the sound?
Basically I want the set up to give me a sweet sound that I had from my older HU. Any tips / advise would be appreciated.
Following equipment is installed
HU : Pioneer deh-p800prs
Amp : PA 500.4
Front : MMC 6500 comp
Rear : MMC 690 6x9
Thanks in advance