Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Made me cry

philthy

Unhappy Made me cry

Sniff sniff. I recently gave my stereo a make over, replacing kenwood amps with Mtx, and purchased a new mm120 (brand new, still in the shipping box, from a freind) and various other components. My installer wasn't (unknown to me) familiar with the mtx 81000d mono block amp, he bridged it to my momo, putting somewhere around 1300 watts to it. The poor little fella lasted about 2 hours before welding itself together. The cone no longer moves. By the time I noticed the smell it was to late. I'm posting this as a warning to those out there with this amp it is a beast be carefull! and make sure your installer isnt an idiot. Sniff Sniff :(

Polk Customer Service
    Member Sales Rating: (0)

Were they able to exchange the woofer for you?? If not return it
    to our service department for exchange. The address is Polk Audio
    2550 Britannia Blvd. Suite D San Diego, CA. 92154. Include a short note descibing the problem, return shipping address, daytime, phone number along with a copy of your receipt.
    Let us know if we can be of any help.

Thanks,
    Kim

Matt

Default i feel your pain

I also have an MTX1000d and I am in the process of getting two mm120's replaced. It was the same deal with me too, the melting together and not even being able to move anymore. Except I installed them fine, just turned them up a little too loud a little too early. It was just way too easy to blow them in my opinion considering how much power they could handle. ****, I feel your pain.

Thread Information