Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default Proud Parent of new set of Polks

Hello,

This is my first thread. I recently upgraded the front speakers in my home theater to a pair of RTi A7s and a CSi A6 center and I feel just like a proud parent watching their child in the school play. I just love these things, (oops, I mean children). :D

I have had an old pair of dipole Polk surrounds in my system for about 12 years, and just recently had a revelation that my hearing was begining to decline a bit (I'm 53). I've always wanted to make my system more cohesive. It was sort of a mix-and-match setup that started with a pair of ADS main speakers I bought about 30 years ago. I was sad to see them go (into their original boxes in the basement), but man I love these new speakers. I've got some photos of them in my wallet, you want to see them?

The funny thing is that my brother-in-law, who lives halfway across the country, recently bought the same setup. When the speakers arrived (he ordered them from Amazon) I got an e-mail from him that was short and to the point. "OMFG, these things are amazing!"

I feel like putting a bumper sticker on my car that reads, "The Proud Parent of set of Polks," but I haven't been able to find one anywhere.

Dan

Member Sales Rating: (10)

Quote Originally Posted by Graboid View Post
    Hello,

This is my first thread. I recently upgraded the front speakers in my home theater to a pair of RTi A7s and a CSi A6 center and I feel just like a proud parent watching their child in the school play. I just love these things, (oops, I mean children). :D

I have had an old pair of dipole Polk surrounds in my system for about 12 years, and just recently had a revelation that my hearing was begining to decline a bit (I'm 53). I've always wanted to make my system more cohesive. It was sort of a mix-and-match setup that started with a pair of ADS main speakers I bought about 30 years ago. I was sad to see them go (into their original boxes in the basement), but man I love these new speakers. I've got some photos of them in my wallet, you want to see them?

The funny thing is that my brother-in-law, who lives halfway across the country, recently bought the same setup. When the speakers arrived (he ordered them from Amazon) I got an e-mail from him that was short and to the point. "OMFG, these things are amazing!"

I feel like putting a bumper sticker on my car that reads, "The Proud Parent of set of Polks," but I haven't been able to find one anywhere.

Dan
    Welcome to Club Polk! You made a great choice & you'll be in audio bliss for some time to come. Relax & enjoy.
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "
    Panny 65" 3D Plasma
    Yamaha AVENTAGE RX-A3010 AVR
    D>SONIC M2-600M mono's / mains
    Rotel RMB-1095 / 5 channel amp
    Rotel RMB-1075 / 5 channel amp
    TEAC UD - 501 DAC
    Oppo BDP-93
    SONOS System
    KEF Q900 / mains
    KEF Q600 / center
    KEF Q800 / surrounds
    KEF Q100 / rear surr.
    Def Tech ProMonitor 1000 / front & rear presence
    Velodyne SPL-1200R subs / dual pair
    DSPeaker Anti-Mode 8033 sub EQ
    Equitech Balanced Power Son of Q 1.5R
    Extensive room treatments

Welcome!
    "If the global crisis continues, by the end of the year Only two Banks will be operational, the Blood Bank and the Sperm Bank. Then these 2 banks will merge and it will be called 'The Bloody ****ing Bank'"

Member Sales Rating: (43)

Welcome to Club Polk!
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben

Member Sales Rating: (11)

Great speakers, lucky you! Welcome to Club Polk.

Member Sales Rating: (17)

Welcome Dan & What beautiful Children you do have!

Lasareath
    Polk Audio SDA SRS 1.2TL's
    With new Exotic wood, Sonicaps, Mills & RDO198's - Born on 4-24-1989 and Signed by Matthew Polk!!!!

My Polk SDA SRS 1.2TL's http://www.LASAREATH.com/

It All Started here: http://tinyurl.com/lasareath2

Part Deux: http://tinyurl.com/lasareath3

Car Stereo---->http://www.salsleaf.com/leaf_stereo/index.htm<---- NEW for 2013

Member Sales Rating: (1)

LOL! Congrats Dad! Enjoy & don't spoil them too badly!
    Sunfire TGP III PrePro, Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature 405wpc 5 ch. Amp, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Onkyo TA2600 Tape Deck, Pioneer Elite 47-A DVD, Sony 32" XBR TV, Polk RTA-8T Main Speakers, Boston VR-920 Center Channel, Boston PV-600 Subwoofer, Polk DSW 400 Subwoofer, Polk FXi-3 Surround Speakers

LOL, I'm spoiling them right now with the MOFI CD of R.E.M. Murmur. Ah, But they play so nicely together!

Dan

Thread Information