Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default I think there is something wrong with my tv

Hey guys,

Long time since I've posted. I just keep coming and going. But anyway, I think there might be something wrong with my tv. I bought a Toshiba 42 lcd back in july, and have been really happy with it. But I turned it on the other night and i couldnt see the picture. Sound was working, so I tried changing the input. Still nothing. But after looking a little closer the picture was there, but it seems the backlight didnt turn on. I unplugged it and turned it on again and it worked properly. So maybe I thought it was just a fluke. Anyway, last night I turned it on and the same thing happened. But after turning it off and on again, the backlight turned on. So now im wondering what wrong. I've called the place I bought it from and they are going to look into it and let me know as soon as possible. What do you guys think? Anyone else run into this before?

Thanks,

Gerry
    Denon AVR-2805, Polk Audio RTi70's, Polk Audio CSi40, Polk Audio FXi50, Paradigm PW-2200 v.2, Toshiba 42XV545U HDTV

Member Sales Rating: (7)

This is a Toshiba LCD and not a DLP, correct? (I have had issues with my DLP)

Yeah, its an LCD. 42AV500u
    Denon AVR-2805, Polk Audio RTi70's, Polk Audio CSi40, Polk Audio FXi50, Paradigm PW-2200 v.2, Toshiba 42XV545U HDTV

Member Sales Rating: (28)

You will probably need to schedule service from a Tosh authorized repair shop. The place you bought it from is usually not responsible after 30 days, unless you bought an extended warranty through the store.

Member Sales Rating: (6)

Intermittent problems are very hard to diagnose. Chances are, if you get service now, they will tell you they could find nothing wrong.

Good luck.

Well, the tv did it again the other night. Went to turn it on and could not see the picture. If you were up close, you could just make it out. Very similar to looking at your monitor on a laptop with the backlight turned off. I turned it off and on about four times. On the fourth try, the light came on...

It seems that it happens whenever the tv sits for about 24 hours, otherwise, it seems to work fine.

I'm still waiting to hear back from the place I bought it from. Might give them a call tomorrow.

Gerry

Just never turn it off. Problem solved!

Haha, yeah never turn it off, I'd might as well leave school right now then. But can't and won't do that, lol. Anyway, I just talked to the place where I bought it, looks like it's the inverter that is not working properly. Said they've had a few calls about the same thing in the past. They've ordered me the new parts and will be coming by when they get them to install them. Hopefully all turns out well.

Gerry

Thread Information