Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Default 10A Monitor caps & resistors

Having just bought a set of 10A Monitors from a fellow Polkie, I need someone out there to guide me through the purchase of caps & resistors for these speakers. There are many posts and threads from many members out there giving their various opinions on what's best. How about someone who knows just telling me exactly what brand caps and resistors to buy, where to buy them and point me to a thread on soldering them in my 10As (if it exists). All of you have been really terrific in furthering my education about Polk speakers and other audio equipment. I thank you in advance for any help you can give me.

Member Sales Rating: (43)

I use Mills resistors, and either Sonicaps on the highs, or Dayton's. I usually use Dayton's on the lows. Many prefer to get Sonicaps on the lows, but to me the gain using the Sonicaps over the Dayton's on the lows monetarily doesn't make sense. I feel the money saved could be used to get better gear, speaker cables, or IC's. I am not going to tell you what to get. Shop according to your budget.
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben

Member Sales Rating: (47)

+1 on the Mills and Sonicaps,,, If it were me.AND I was going to keep them for a loooong time,,I'd go with Sonicaps as a replacement for the caps on your crossover,, and Mills for the resistors,, maybe even replace the binding posts as well. Just my .02 worth.:)
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)

Member Sales Rating: (0)

ditto on the advice... i bought some decent Jantzen caps but after a couple of months I changed to some Sonicaps... BIG improvement... well worth the cost. I even upgraded my Polk RTA-12Cs with Sonicaps... the RTAs had 22 caps... total cost was several hundred dollars... (ouch!!)

Luckily, the 10s only have a couple caps per speaker.

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Here's where I get lost. Mills resistors are your favorite. Who sells them and which ones do I buy? Sonicaps are your favorite caps. Who sells them, which ones (model #s) do I need and how many of these do I need per speaker? You are talking to a novice here. Thanks again. Man, your response is fast!

Member Sales Rating: (31)

They'll have everything you need.

http://soniccraft.com/products.htm
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche

Member Sales Rating: (47)

^^^^^what he posted^^^^^^^
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)

Thread Information