Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default MapleShade Audio products

Anyone have any experience with MapleShade speaker cables, maple speaker platforms, or digital interconnects?

They have some interesting theories on sound improvements. Since the economy needs some help I was thinking of spending 1K-2K on tweaking the stereo sound.

http://www.mapleshaderecords.com/index.php

Member Sales Rating: (8)

I'm at work right now so I can't spend too much time on this but I'll give you my opinion on them in the AM.

Gordon
    2 Channel -
    Martin Logan Spire, 2 JL Audio F112 subs
    McIntosh C1000 Controller with Tube pre amp, 2 MC501 amplifiers, MD1K Transport & DAC, MR-88 Tuner
    WireWorld Eclipse 6.0 speaker wire and jumpers, Eclipse 5^2 Squared Balanced IC's. Silver Eclipse PCs (5)
    Symposium Rollerblocks 2+ (16)Black Diamond Racing Mk 3 pits (8)

Member Sales Rating: (8)

I have the Double Golden Helix along with the Excalibur Analog Ribbons for my ICs. The DGH is such an awesome cable. They look a lot like the "anti-cables" line but I have not tried them. Not much to look at but the look does not bother me. The DGH has detail top to bottom that I like without sounding dry or sterile. Bass and mid range are very smooth and accurate. The occasional screech of violin bowing was rolled off slightly and presented it in a more pleasing manner. They are very stiff to work with. I've had them on two different sets of speakers and so far, they have been the best bang for the buck. I have not even considered removing them again unless they do not blend well with my planned upgrades.

The Ribbon ICs are very clear in more ways than the obvious and articulate. Mid-bass has just enough punch for me and tend to smooth out the HF. The ribbons are definately an unusual IC. The thin cellophane like covering makes them somewhat fragile looking so I am very careful when plugging and unplugging them.

Pierre at Mapleshade does have some unusual views on things and it reflects in his products. I think a lot of cable manufactures have very active imaginations in order to sell the product but I think his stuff works well.

Gordon
    2 Channel -
    Martin Logan Spire, 2 JL Audio F112 subs
    McIntosh C1000 Controller with Tube pre amp, 2 MC501 amplifiers, MD1K Transport & DAC, MR-88 Tuner
    WireWorld Eclipse 6.0 speaker wire and jumpers, Eclipse 5^2 Squared Balanced IC's. Silver Eclipse PCs (5)
    Symposium Rollerblocks 2+ (16)Black Diamond Racing Mk 3 pits (8)

Member Sales Rating: (10)

I had the MS Golden Helix speaker cables for quite a while. They were excellent performance wise. The only reason I sold them was that I relocated my system & they weren't a good fit. They are very stiff & can be a tad hard to work with. Othet than that, I highly recommend them.

I also use the MS digital cable...still going strong & another excellent performer. No need to swap this guy out.
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "
    Panny 65" 3D Plasma
    Yamaha AVENTAGE RX-A3010 AVR
    D>SONIC M2-600M mono's / mains
    Rotel RMB-1095 / 5 channel amp
    Rotel RMB-1075 / 5 channel amp
    TEAC UD - 501 DAC
    Oppo BDP-93
    SONOS System
    KEF Q900 / mains
    KEF Q600 / center
    KEF Q800 / surrounds