Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Get AC/DC let there be rock Blu Ray it harkens back to the days when the boys and Bon Scott were tearing it up, Bon was the man his stage presence was well amazing. Is the video transfers good well from a show 30 some years ago its as good as one can expect it to be, the audio transfers are remastered and presented in 5.1 , but once again from 30 some years ago you cant expect to much, as far as watching the boys and Bon tear it up it is well worth watchin the real AC/DC, and not the copy band they have going with Brian Johnson screaching about. Another good one is Ladies and Gentelmen the Rolling Stones with the best guitarist they ever had Mick Taylor, on the Exile on main Street tour another old show but also back in the day when this band was peaking, both of these are highly recomended.

gerzedci41 reported

This is a must buy excellent P/Q and A/Q

Default steve miller live in chicago

Might not be the exact title, but its a concert in chicago, got it from netflix, highly recommend.
    humpty dumpty was pushed

I Think Gary Moore was one of the best I will have to get this one myself. Gary Moore and the remaining members of Thin Lizzy this one probably kicks ass!

Quote Originally Posted by Igo View Post
    OK. I went BluRay mid summer and bought a dozen concerts immediately. Until this moment, Diana Krall Live in Paris had it...until now.
    I just checked Amazon to buy this, and it is not in BluRay. Live in Rio is in BluRay.

Member Sales Rating: (7)

Andrea Bocelli: : Vivere - Live in Tuscany

Gears shared to both living room & bedroom:
    Integra DHC-80.3 / Oppo BDP-105 / DirecTV HR24 DVR /APC S15blk PC-UPS
    Living room:
    LSiM707's / LSiM706c / LSiM702 F/X's / dual JL Audio Fathom F113's / Parasound Halo A51 / Panasonic 65" TC-P65VT50
    Bedroom:
    Usher Dancer Mini 2 Diamond DMD's / Logitech SB Touch / W4S STP-SE / W4S DAC-2 / W4S ST-1000 / Samsung 52" LN52B750
    Other rooms:
    Audioengine AP4's / GLOW Audio Sub One / audio-gd NFB-3 DAC / Audioengine N22
    audio-gd NFB-10.2 / Denon AH-D7000

This is a little hard to find but well worth it. Sound and PQ are some of best I have seen.
    Attached Images  

This one is just incredible as well. The orchestra is fantastic.
    Attached Images  
    Last edited by hockeyboy; 07-09-2011 at 06:55 PM.

Member Sales Rating: (4)

Give this one a try.

Greg
    Attached Images  
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:

"I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion."

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee

Chris Botti in Boston is a must have!

Foo Fighters: Live at Wembely Stadium, great show, excellent performance by the band.

Jeff Beck - Rock 'N' Roll Party: Honoring Les Paul on BD.

Porcupine Tree - Anesthetize

also check out their earlier one - Arriving Somewhere, Not Here (DVD - no Blu Ray, but an even better concert).
    Last edited by cristo; 07-11-2011 at 09:59 AM.
    cristo

NAD C 545BEE cd player, Philips AF877 turntable / Shure V15V-MR with JICO SAS stylus,
    Tascam 122 mkIII cassette deck, Harman Kardon 3480 receiver, Terk FM-50 antenna in the attic,
    Soundcraftsmen SE550 stereo equalizer, Polk Monitor 10a speakers
    (with Sonicraft/Solen/Mills crossover rebuild)

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Quote Originally Posted by love2listen View Post
    Chris Botti in Boston is a must have!
    +1! I had that cranked the other night. Actually took it to 11
    I refuse to argue with idiots, because people can't tell the DIFFERENCE!

Member Sales Rating: (6)

Sarah Mclachlan Afterglow LIVE.

Transport: Oppo BDP-103/USB HDD (flac)
    DAC/Preamp: Benchmark DAC/PRE
    Power Amp: Parasound HCA-1500A
    Speakers: Harbeth Compact 7ES-3 Monitor
    Cables: Kimber Hero/8TC; DH Labs D-75

My bad, apparently Afterglow live still is not available on BluRay...but I still recommend the DVD.

Transport: Oppo BDP-103/USB HDD (flac)
    DAC/Preamp: Benchmark DAC/PRE
    Power Amp: Parasound HCA-1500A
    Speakers: Harbeth Compact 7ES-3 Monitor
    Cables: Kimber Hero/8TC; DH Labs D-75

The BEST BEST BEST concert I have seen thus far is "The Concert for George", The Royal Albert Hall, November 29, 2002. This tribute to George Harrison by Eric Clapton is magical. A MUST see/purchase!!!

Member Sales Rating: (3)

I really_ wish we could get Celtic Woman on Blu Ray. Their DVD's sound and look great.

Queen - Live In Montreal

I win!

if it isn't on b/r then it should be. Pink Floyd Pulse tour 2 dvd set is awesome.Can't imageine how much better on blu/ray it would be. If your into spectacle w/ great music and fantastic closeups of Gilmore and string his bending abilities find these discs.

Quote Originally Posted by leftwinger57 View Post
    if it isn't on b/r then it should be. Pink Floyd Pulse tour 2 dvd set is awesome.Can't imageine how much better on blu/ray it would be. If your into spectacle w/ great music and fantastic closeups of Gilmore and string his bending abilities find these discs.
    I've always wished for this as well, though it was filmed in 1.33:1 AR so I don't know how much better it might be over the dvd version. His Remember That Night on blu-ray is great. Another I wish would go blu is his Live In Gdansk (presently only on dvd) which is from the same tour as Remember That Night but which features a full orchestra and I found Gilmour's playing a little more "spirited" than Remember, perhaps because of the orchestra, but mostly I think because he knew he was playing in front of music starved fans, most of which had never seen him live before.

For recent blu-rays, I'd recommend Santana/John McLaughlin live at Montreux 2011 that just was released this week, especially if you like good guitar playing.

Cheryl Crowe-Live; check out the white powder on her nose about midway through.

Blue Man Group -How to be a Megastar

Eagles, Farewell Tour #1 on HD DVD (it's the biggest reason I've kept my HD DVD players)

+1 for David Gilmour - Just one Night
    My DIY HT
    RT3000p fronts
    CS1000p center
    F/X1000 side surrounds
    RT3000p sats rear surrounds
    Polk RT35 height channel
    2 x SVS PB12/Plus 2's
    Onkyo PR-SC5507 Controller
    Sherbourne 7/2100 200 x 7 Amp
    Sherbourne TST4 100 x 2 Amp
    PS-3 BD
    HD-A35 HD DVD
    Oppo DV-980H for hirez audio
    Technics SL-D2 TT
    DVDO VP30 with SDI input
    HDFury for HDMI to RGBHV conversion
    NEC 10PG CRT projector
    Draper AT1200 acoustically transparent screen
    Berkline 090 electric recliners with Aura Bass Shakers

Name:  Taylor Swift Speak Now.jpg
Views: 150
Size:  26.0 KB

Some of my favorites include the Rush and David Gilmore Blu-Rays already mentioned, Rush R30 (actually like this one better than the others), Jeff Beck Live at Ronnie Scott's, The Eric Clapton Crossroads guitar festivals (Dallas and Chicago), and Pat Matheny (I cant remember the title, but its awesome!).

Tornado Red, Sometimes Floyd gets a bad rep because most of their concerts are timed to the mili second .Unlike another favorite band of mine The Grateful Dead. Getting back to Floyd who I did see 3x after reading their bio/blog they say their 1st set changes every show. The second set is w/o a doubt timed to the mili second to coinside w/ all the effects and video going on behind them.
    The last time I saw them was at Yankee Stadium 94 ?and they raised this huge arm up to as it unpetaled and about 20 super trooper spot lights w/ a zillion candle power focus on the biggest mirrored ball and it started to rotate.I swear between the booming sound of Comfortably Numb and the the rotation I was holding onto the hand rails ,I thought the place was going to levitate.This was definately my post drug induced period........

Tornado Red, Sometimes Floyd gets a bad rep because most of their concerts are timed to the mili second .Unlike another favorite band of mine The Grateful Dead. Getting back to Floyd who I did see 3x after reading their bio/blog they say their 1st set changes every show. The second set is w/o a doubt timed to the mili second to coinside w/ all the effects and video going on behind them.
    The last time I saw them was at Yankee Stadium 94 ?and they raised this huge arm up to as it unpetaled and about 20 super trooper spot lights w/ a zillion candle power focus on the biggest mirrored ball and it started to rotate.I swear between the booming sound of Comfortably Numb and the the rotation I was holding onto the hand rails ,I thought the place was going to levitate.This was definately my post drug induced period........
    Great that you got to see that Pulse tour live in '94. During the DVD, I liked their use of "concert films" on the big round dish they had. I think their shows were always a big production, pretty awesome back in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by rtart View Post
    Cheryl Crowe-Live; check out the white powder on her nose about midway through.

Blue Man Group -How to be a Megastar

Eagles, Farewell Tour #1 on HD DVD (it's the biggest reason I've kept my HD DVD players)

+1 for David Gilmour - Just one Night
    Maybe Cheryl was trying to emulate Neil Young in The Last Waltz

+1 on the Eagles, that one transfered VERY well to blu-ray IMO.

Some other good ones for blu-ray lovers are, my personal favourite, Jethro Tull in Montreux, Doobie Brothers in Wolf Trap, Lindsey Buckingham's Songs From The Small Machine, Phil Collins in Montreux, Joe Bonamassa at the Beacon Theater (also his acoustic blu-ray from Vienna Opera House).

Member Sales Rating: (10)

Chickenfoot is really good on BD.

Yeh ,that whole video disc had varie lights all around and lazers which was going bezerk.Also it tilted down and spun, it was the most intense concert/w spectacle I had ever scene .The Stones put on some big impressive shows but nothing like that .Now the Dead and Springsteen didn't need any stinking effects just a backdrop and some strategically placed lights.The biggest effect I ever saw the Dead do was to lower their logo from atop of the stage and appeared to be lit and smoking like on fire.In Winterland ,that's how old Iam

Yeh ,that whole video disc had varie lights all around and lazers which was going bezerk.Also it tilted down and spun, it was the most intense concert/w spectacle I had ever scene .The Stones put on some big impressive shows but nothing like that .Now the Dead and Springsteen didn't need any stinking effects just a backdrop and some strategically placed lights.The biggest effect I ever saw the Dead do was to lower their logo from atop of the stage and appeared to be lit and smoking like on fire.In Winterland ,that's how old Iam
    I remember reading about the Floyd being one of the early innovators with lighting, late 60s/early 70s. Problem was a lot of the venues they played couldn't electrically support both their instruments AND the lighting at the same time.

Thread Information