Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Member Sales Rating: (0)

There is an entire back story of early Floyd. If your old enough and remember they always played off nights at the Fillmore East and I always wondered why.After reading Nick Mason's book it was very clear. 1. For what ever reason they always had travel visa hassels and that was an issue. 2.They wanted an entire night even in the early days, they had a lot of gear and they played marathon shows.3. Bill Graham never heard of these guys and was not willing to give them a Friday or Saturday slot when he books 3 bands for 2 shows a night on the cheap.4. So he says I'll rent you the Fillmore on a Tuesday or Wednesday ,by Thursday bands are coming to unload and that's what they did.He got the concessions and Floyd got the gate.Now when I saw them at Roosevelt Stadium for the DSOTM tour as the 2nd set ,they had these light towers that would go up and down and smoke and all the other stuff going on.All these towers were common construction lifts just camoflauged in black fabric.About the YS. show they had rows of generating trucks all the way down Jerome Ave. supplying the power .No plug strip for them .lol

Member Sales Rating: (9)

Any Tom Petty fan should have this http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Petty-The-...=cm_cr_pr_pb_t

A Soundstage production that is quite good.
    SDA CRS+4.1TL's/Modded SDA 1C's/Modded SDA SRS 3.1 TL's/Modded SDA SRS 2.3TL

That's a nice concert Mike. The Soundstage series produced some good ones, like that one...America, Lindsey Buckingham also come to mind. If you like Tom Petty and want to really see what blu-ray audio can do, I highly recommend Tom Petty's Mojo on audio only blu-ray.

Member Sales Rating: (9)

Quote Originally Posted by Maggs View Post
    The BEST BEST BEST concert I have seen thus far is "The Concert for George", The Royal Albert Hall, November 29, 2002. This tribute to George Harrison by Eric Clapton is magical. A MUST see/purchase!!!
    You talked me into it, my copy arrived today. Now to find some time...

Don't know if its been mention but check out :
    Eric Clapton: Crossroads Guitar Festival 2010

Lot of greats : http://www.amazon.com/Eric-Clapton-C...g+live+blu+ray

One I really wish they'd do on blu-ray is Genesis - When In Rome from 2007. It's a fantastic concert on DVD, it would look and sound so good on blu I think. Record company said there was "not enough of a market" to do it in blu. That's fine, they should get out of the way then and give the recording to someone like Eagle Rock and let them produce it.

A nice blu concert I picked up this week is Peter Gabriel's Live In Athens from 1987. Awesome concert, anyone who is a Gabriel fan may already have this in their collection in one format or another. This is the first time on blu-ray though, and is taken from a 35mm negative. Results are impressive, the video is great, audio even better. The stage is minimalist at best, but Gabriel is over the top high energy. I'm pleased to have this one in my collection for sure. On a side note, cool to view the audience clapping and having a good time...with no cameras/phones perched over their heads. A simpler time when the show was the thing I guess. Anyway, don't think you'll be disappointed if you pick this one up.

Claptons crossroads tour 2010.
    "My wife likes my rig......HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!"

B&W CDM 1NT; B&W CDM CNT; Infinity us 1; Velodyne DEQ-8 x2; Pio Elite VSX-23; Sony SCD-CE595 SACD, Denon DP11-F TT[/COLOR]

Celebration day, Led Zeppelin!

Member Sales Rating: (1)

If your are a fan of EDM this Chemical Brothers Bluray is AWESOME!
    http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-Ch...Blu-ray/39062/
    Speakers:
    Definitive BP7001sc mains
    Definitive C/L/R 3000 center
    Polk RT800i's rears
    Definitive supercube I Sub
    Audio:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010
    Adcom GFA 7500
    OPPO BDP-103 CD, SACD, DVD-A
    Video:
    Mitsubishi WD65837 DLP
    OPPO BDP-103 Bluray
    Directv x's 2

Audiophile
    Member Sales Rating: (30)

I really enjoy "This Is It" with Michael Jackson, although not a full concert per say.

Quote Originally Posted by mark090852 View Post
    The Last Waltz another one directed by Scorsese.

The Last Waltz- Amazon
    I have that one. Killer concert.
    Sony KDL-55EX500 TV
    Sony BDP-S570 blue ray player
    Onkyo TX-NR809 receiver
    Front L/R: Polk RT55i
    Front high: Polk RT25i
    Center: Polk CS245i
    Surround: Polk RT35i
    Sub: Polk PSW505

Two blu concerts that I picked up recently were Bryan Ferry Live In Lyon and k.d. lang Live In London with the BBC Orchestra. I recommend them both if you are a fan at all. k.d. is at a small venue with her back up band and the BBC string section. She has one wonderful voice I gotta say. Bryan Ferry has a big band and stage, very powerful rock show, with a lot of stuff from Roxy Music.

Member Sales Rating: (3)

I might have to check out that k.d.lang live with the BBC Orchestra. Is that one from the Royal Albert Hall? I've got 4 or 5 BBC Orchestra cds and they really are a class act. I noticed that Celtic Woman have a Blu Ray coming out Oct. 29th called Home For Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by Polkie2009 View Post
    I might have to check out that k.d.lang live with the BBC Orchestra. Is that one from the Royal Albert Hall? I've got 4 or 5 BBC Orchestra cds and they really are a class act. I noticed that Celtic Woman have a Blu Ray coming out Oct. 29th called Home For Christmas.
    k.d. was done at St. Lukes Church in London, great acoustics there. Celtic Woman sounds interesting, might pick that one up. New tomorrow on blu-ray will be:
    Def Leppard - Viva! Hysteria
    Ted Nugent - Ultralive Ballisticrock
    Van Morrison - Moondance (audio only blu-ray)
    And coming Nov.19, Rush - Clockwork Angels Tour

And now for something completely different....releasing today, blu-ray of Hugh Laurie (on piano and yes of House fame) Live Aboard The Queen Mary doing a concert of 1920s jump blues songs. If anyone picks this up, let me know what you think!

Member Sales Rating: (11)

I'm gonna give a shout out to AC/DC Live at River Plate. It took me a bit to get used to the camera work as you get split screens and quick changes, but the energy level is incredible and the audio mix is nice. I admit I thought it was busy at first, but then really got into the show.

Also watched Def Leppard Viva! Hysteria. The vocals were good and I enjoyed the song mix I thought the show was a bit low on energy, but its worth a watch if you are a def leppard fan. I will have to watch it again to see what I think for sure. Just trying to break in my modded LSi9s...

Just finished watching Rush's Clockwork Angels on blu-ray. Recorded in Dallas in support of the Clockwork Angels album, so needless to say a lot of the songs are from that record. A little more than a handful are oldies but goodies, ending with 2112. Peart is his usual awesomeness on drums (geez, is he getting better?) and has another nice drum solo. I would say the mix is a little towards the bass side (had to turn the subs down a tad) and the voice mix is a little weak, perhaps no surprise here as Geddy's pipes are winding down with age and they seem to be burying them a bit. Some of the songs feature quick cutting camera work in the edit (one/two seconds between different camera shots) which I am NOT a fan of but c'est la vie. A new twist is the string section travelling with them on this tour, 6 violins and 2 cellos. Not out of place at all, they seemed to fit right in. I've had to listen to songs from this album a couple of times before starting to like a couple of them. But that's been true of their other songs in the past as well that I ended up liking. I'd give the audio and video both 4 out of 5 stars, be a nice Christmas gift for the Rush fan in your life (maybe that's you:))
    Last edited by Tornado Red; 11-24-2013 at 08:25 PM.

Does anyone here like AC/DC: Live At Donington? I have this one and it doesn't seem to have been recommended yet. I think it's a rock on Blu-Ray and goes non stop for the whole show. Put this on the big screen and crank it up and to me it's an amazing show. One of the few concert Blu-Ray discs I put on to show friends my system - that along with Dave Matthews and Tim Reynolds.

Name:  Sade.jpg
Views: 200
Size:  12.0 KBI read through this thread and was surprised that no one mention Sade Live 2011 on BluRay

DTS HD MASTER, the PQ is top notch. Sade covers her full collection of work for the last 20 years and even at 50+ yrs of age she is still stunning to view.
    Family Room HT 7.1:
    Pioneer Elite VSX 32 Pioneer Elite BDP 95FD Pioneer Elite DV 47Ai Pioneer Elite MD53 SlimDevice Transporter Panamax M5300-EX
    Living room 2ch:
    Integra ADM 2.1 Teac EQ MKII Squeezebox Touch Fluance SX Speakers
    Upstaris media room:
    Pioneer VSX D510 Sony PS3 Squeezebox Classic 3 Polkaudio speakers Monitor 40 II fronts CSR Center
    Master bedroom:
    Pioneer VSX 520k Pioneer BDP 330 Squeezebox Classic 3 Optimus LX5 fronts & Rears Optimus CS3 center Acoustic Audio sub

Member Sales Rating: (11)

I have to agree with the Clockwork Angels review. At around 3 hours of play time, there are lots of good songs. I too wish I could have tweaked the vocal volume up...especially using an LsiC. Also, the 5.1 track was mixed MUCH louder than the 2.0 so use caution if changing audio configuration on the fly. Nice bluray show at the end of the day.

I will also toss out some more AC/DC in Let There Be Rock from 1979 with Bob Scott. Not much on film work, but took me back to my concert going days.

They need to release some Beach Boys concerts on Blu Ray, and some Coldplay ones too.

These ones are out there in blu-ray....
    Attached Images

I just watched "DIO" Finding The Sacred Heart Tour" live from philly in 1986 on blu-ray. this was really awesome as I always wanted to see 1 of his concert's from the earlier days. Also got his "Holy Diver" live blu-ray but it was from 2006 but still very good.

Definietly Chris Botti live in Boston, I love playing on my home theatre system. I am looking for the aac for my vintage system.

Quote Originally Posted by love2listen View Post
    Chris Botti in Boston is a must have!
    HK 330B
    Polk RT7
    Polk Monitor 5

If anyone's looking for a little variety, I highly recommend both of David Foster's blu-ray concerts done in Vegas at Mandalay Bay. Hit Man and Hit Man Returns look fantastic on blu-ray and sound even better. Just some great acts, Boz Scaggs, Blake Shelton, Josh Groban and on and on. Hit Man Returns has Jackie Evancho, Earth, Wind and Fire, Neyo, Seal, Kenny Logins, Chaka Kahn, Gary Wright and more. This disc also has one of the last appearances by Donna Summer. They are 2 that get a lot of replay time from my library of concerts. Both these discs are those rare ones that you can sit down with your significant other and both enjoy the music. You've heard of date night movies? Well, these are date night concerts...

Not a Blu-ray, but...

Norah Jones in New Orleans HoB '02 DVD has excellent audio, and I actually love the low def video only because it's not edited by some idiot with ADD trying to bring action to the video. He just lets the musicians' performance come through with long cuts from enough angles to maximize interest and avoids audience shots almost entirely. Sorta mimics what my eyes might be doing if watching live. The show is simply produced with a good selection of tunes and skillful, understated performances from the band (no guest artists).

Bought it for a buck plus shipping used on Amazon. Great deal and prolly worth more to me than half my Blu-Ray concerts.

Craig

Name:  norah.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  20.1 KB

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Where the light is

John Mayer-Live in Los Angeles

24/96
    Linn AV5140 fronts
    Linn AV5120 Center
    Linn AV5140 Rears
    M&K MX-70 Sub for Music