Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 92
  1. #1

    Member Sales Rating: (1)

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Over the mountain watching the watcher
    Posts
    6,316

    Default Well, THAT'S gratitude for you !

    MrBigBlueLight
    Usually right, but sometimes not entirely factually correct.
    Shifting to Plan B

  2. #2

    Member Sales Rating: (11)

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Dixon, IL
    Posts
    6,519

    Default

    I saw this earlier. I watched through it like 4 times and I was cracking up the entire time...That's a really big insult in Iraq...throwing shoes at someone. If anyone remembers the video of the Saddam statue going down you can see everyone in the crowd throwing their shoes at it.

  3. #3

    Member Sales Rating: (43)

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    15,931

    Default

    GW did a pretty good job of ducking those shoes for an older guy. That first shot woulda hurt if it beaned him LOL.
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben

  4. #4

    Member Sales Rating: (11)

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Dixon, IL
    Posts
    6,519

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ben62670 View Post
    GW did a pretty good job of ducking those shoes for an older guy. That first shot woulda hurt if it beaned him LOL.

    That's what I was thinking. That first shoe had some spin on it too...He threw that thing with some deliberation. The second one came pretty close too, but it wasn't going quite as fast.

  5. #5

    Member Sales Rating: (36)

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    5,199

    Default

    Would have been really cool if he had caught the first one.

  6. #6

    Member Sales Rating: (25)

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    West Chester, PA
    Posts
    4,301

    Default

    His SS staff were a bit slow there don't ya think?

    Does this mean that reporters are going to have to take thier shoes off at press conferences now (in addition to the airport) :p
    Last edited by mmadden28; 12-15-2008 at 02:44 AM.

  7. #7

    Member Sales Rating: (5)

    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    northern nj
    Posts
    6,609

    Default

    funny thing is, would that man be in a news conference and "reporting" as part of a "press" if Saddam was still in power? thats the funny part.
    Theater - Polk LSi15, LSiC, LSi9 speaks, DIY Sub (142.5L box, SVS plus driver, 500 Watt plate amp)...Outlaw 990 pre/pro, Carver TFM45, 2 X Outlaw M200 . Rotel RB980 . PS3, Monster 3600 power center

    2 Channel -
    Anthem Pre 2l, Jolida JD100 CD player, CAL Sigma DAC, Carver m4.0, Polk LSi9 w external modified Crossovers (thanks Trey!)

  8. #8
    Banned
    Member Sales Rating: (14)

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Newark, Delaware
    Posts
    21,321

    Default

    What really would have made it a kodak moment is if the Prez caught the shoes and threw them back at the nut.

    One thought, WHERE THE HELL WAS THE SECRET SERVICE PROTECTION???
    Last edited by hearingimpared; 12-15-2008 at 01:53 PM.

  9. #9

    Member Sales Rating: (1)

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    'Bubba' land
    Posts
    4,816

    Default

    The S.S. were told by Bush to relax. Apparently, he held them back.
    Y'know the funny is.....It didn't faze him at all. He was joking about it right afterwards.
    Kind of reminds of Alfred E. Neuman, "What, me worry?"
    I refuse to argue with idiots, because people can't tell the DIFFERENCE!

  10. #10

    Member Sales Rating: (1)

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Back from Japan in Clover, SC
    Posts
    7,864

    Default

    Bush is pretty funny at times...........it would have been way funnier if he'd caught it and returned to sender, right in his mouth.
    Shoot the jumper.....................BALLIN.............!!!! !

    Home Theater Pics in the Showcase

    http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/show...p?userid=73580

  11. #11

    Member Sales Rating: (11)

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Dixon, IL
    Posts
    6,519

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sherardp View Post
    Bush is pretty funny at times...........it would have been way funnier if he'd caught it and returned to sender, right in his mouth.
    I think it would have been funnier had it hit Bush in the mouth personally. That's just me though.

    His job requires him to act in the calm demeanor that he responded in though. How would it have looked if he would have gotten mad about it? Dick Cheney and his dad would have been calling him up and scolding him.

  12. #12

    Member Sales Rating: (19)

    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    8,170

    Default

    I'm not a Bush fan, but he got two points for ducking those shoes. Very good, Mr. President.

    The show thrower must have been practicing. He had pinpoint accuracy.
    HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50 LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

    "God grooves with tubes."

  13. #13

    Member Sales Rating: (17)

    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    North Victoria Gardens, Altacucawanda, California
    Posts
    6,802

    Default

    One thing I don't get is, if the reporter's intention was to insult Bush, he should thought about doing something that he would get the message, like flippin' him, or calling him names (in english, of course). Throwing footwear does nothing.
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.

  14. #14

    Member Sales Rating: (47)

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Sufficiently Breathless
    Posts
    11,279

    Default

    "Float like a butterfly" ;)
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)

  15. #15

    Member Sales Rating: (19)

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    7,425

    Default

    Wow a Egyptian reporter no doubt. 1 of America's close allies.
    engtaz

  16. #16

    Member Sales Rating: (9)

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    2,113

    Default

    Had it been Cheney, he would have grabbed an SS guy's gun and shot some innocent reporter in the butt!
    Staff Member TONEAudio[SIZE="1"]
    Blogger Site_ smallspacesaudio
    Founder/Publisher Affordable$$Audio 2006-13.
    2 Ch. System
    SimAudio Moon i7 int. amp
    MacBook/PureMusic/iTunes,1.5 TB hd
    SimAudio 300D DAC,
    Harbeth Compact 7es3 Spkrs
    Magnepan1.6 w/SkiingNinja x-overs
    Rega RP1 w/Ortofon Super OM40
    SimAudio LP5.3 phono pre
    Additional Gear:
    ACI Emerald XL, Celestion Si Stands, AudioArt, Shunyata Venom3, Virtue Audio int. amp, Vista Audio Int. amp, iPod 160 gig

  17. #17
    Banned
    Member Sales Rating: (14)

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Newark, Delaware
    Posts
    21,321

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by markmarc View Post
    had it been cheney, he would have grabbed an ss guy's gun and shot some innocent reporter in the butt!
    waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

  18. #18

    Member Sales Rating: (11)

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Dixon, IL
    Posts
    6,519

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by polkatese View Post
    One thing I don't get is, if the reporter's intention was to insult Bush, he should thought about doing something that he would get the message, like flippin' him, or calling him names (in english, of course). Throwing footwear does nothing.
    in Iraq throwing your shoes at someone is one of the biggest insults you can give someone. Seriously.

    That's what your walking on all the time, and by throwing your shoes at someone your basically saying that they are a piece of dirt on the ground. It's a big insult there.

    If anyone remembers the videos of them pulling over the Saddam statue, you can see everyone taking their shoes off and throwing them at the statue. It's taken very seriously there.

    Cultural differences huh?

  19. #19

    Member Sales Rating: (13)

    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    The Mars Hotel
    Posts
    31,224

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by comfortablycurt View Post
    I think it would have been funnier had it hit Bush in the mouth personally. That's just me though.
    You're a disgrace.
    'Political Correctness'.........defined

    "A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

  20. #20

    Member Sales Rating: (12)

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    701

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by comfortablycurt View Post
    If anyone remembers the videos of them pulling over the Saddam statue, you can see everyone taking their shoes off and throwing them at the statue.
    I wonder why?

  21. #21

    Member Sales Rating: (17)

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Katy, TX (west Houston)
    Posts
    2,134

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by comfortablycurt View Post
    I saw this earlier. I watched through it like 4 times and I was cracking up the entire time...That's a really big insult in Iraq...throwing shoes at someone. If anyone remembers the video of the Saddam statue going down you can see everyone in the crowd throwing their shoes at it.
    Quote Originally Posted by comfortablycurt View Post
    I think it would have been funnier had it hit Bush in the mouth personally. That's just me though.

    His job requires him to act in the calm demeanor that he responded in though. How would it have looked if he would have gotten mad about it? Dick Cheney and his dad would have been calling him up and scolding him.
    Quote Originally Posted by comfortablycurt View Post
    in Iraq throwing your shoes at someone is one of the biggest insults you can give someone. Seriously.

    That's what your walking on all the time, and by throwing your shoes at someone your basically saying that they are a piece of dirt on the ground. It's a big insult there.

    If anyone remembers the videos of them pulling over the Saddam statue, you can see everyone taking their shoes off and throwing them at the statue. It's taken very seriously there.

    Cultural differences huh?
    It would NOT HAVE BEEN FUNNY for some piece of crap from a third-world country to hit our President with a shoe. I DO NOT GIVE A $HIT WHAT YOUR POLITICAL BELIEFS ARE, THAT IS NOT ACCEPTABLE.

    BE A G-DAMN AMERICAN INSTEAD OF AN IDIOT.

    You 'effin moron. That's just me though..

    You don't go by "Cornholio" on another board do you?
    Last edited by DaveMuell; 12-15-2008 at 08:46 PM.

  22. #22

    Member Sales Rating: (17)

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    7,626

    Default

    You're most welcome to move to Iraq or anywhere else in the Middle East(or anywhere you like) if you think that's funny. I'd even bet that we could raise the money for you to go, just as long as you never come back you ****ing traitor. Like him or not, he's your Commander-in-Chief and you should show him the respect he and the office deserves. I'd like to see how you'd handle 6.5 yrs and counting of war against a enemy that looks just like their civilians. Hind-sight's 20/20.


    There was once a day where you'd be considered teasoness. Please crawl back into your internet whole.
    Last edited by ND13; 12-15-2008 at 11:18 PM.
    "SOME PEOPLE CALL ME MAURICE,
    CAUSE I SPEAK OF THE POMPITIOUS OF LOVE"

  23. #23

    Member Sales Rating: (11)

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Dixon, IL
    Posts
    6,519

    Default

    Holy ****...attack me.

    I apologize if my political beliefs don't exactly go along with yours...There are quite a few people in this country though that feel the same way. In fact, I think that's a big reason that the republicans got voted out of office, and lost majority control in the Senate. Bush's approval rating by the American people is lower than any other president in the entire history of the U.S. In fact currently it's at about 30% approval, and 65% disapproval, with the other 5% being neutral. These are just rough averages, but here's a link that shows his approval rating over his entire term for those of you who wish to question it.

    I'm not going to get sucked into a big argument about politics over the internet though, because I have before, and they never go anywhere. They just get irritating.

    I don't dislike America...Just George Bush. I don't agree with most of the things that he's done while in office. I still think America is the greatest country in the world...and would never leave it. Questioning our political choices and methods is part of being an American. The choice to disagree is one of the primary rights that we have here. If you want me to just agree with whatever our leaders tell us to do though...that's not really Democracy now is it? Me questioning his leadership is one of THE most American things I could possibly do. So don't tell me about how I'm not American.

    Now please, don't try to force me into an argument about politics, because I'm not interested in it. :D

    And no...I do not go by "cornholio" on another board.

    Please continue flaming me now if you so desire, I look forward to reading your comments. Laughter is good for the heart ya know.
    Last edited by comfortablycurt; 12-15-2008 at 11:27 PM.

  24. #24

    Member Sales Rating: (17)

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    7,626

    Default

    It has nothing to do with political beliefs, just showing respect for the office he holds. You made it political. I'm a Libertarian, so don't give me that crap.

    We send our troops over to save their asses from a genocidal dictator and that's what we get in return. **** them.

    Also, you need to read my post. Nowhere does is mention a political party until I said I was a Libertarian.
    Last edited by ND13; 12-15-2008 at 11:25 PM.
    "SOME PEOPLE CALL ME MAURICE,
    CAUSE I SPEAK OF THE POMPITIOUS OF LOVE"

  25. #25

    Member Sales Rating: (13)

    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    The Mars Hotel
    Posts
    31,224

    Default

    It's got nothing to with politics, it's got to with respect for the Office of the President.

    You're not going to do well here, might as well move abroad.
    'Political Correctness'.........defined

    "A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

  26. #26

    Member Sales Rating: (11)

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Dixon, IL
    Posts
    6,519

    Default

    I edited my last post a bit, please reread it if you've got the time.

    Quote Originally Posted by ND13 View Post
    It has nothing to do with political beliefs, just showing respect for the office he holds. You made it political. I'm a Libertarian, so don't give me that crap.

    We send our troops over to save their asses from a genocidal dictator and that's what we get in return. **** them.

    Also, you need to read my post. Nowhere does is mention a political party until I said I was a Libertarian.
    I actually never made any reference as to what your political beliefs were. I was speaking as a generalization.

    Quote Originally Posted by F1nut View Post
    It's got nothing to with politics, it's got to with respect for the Office of the President.

    You're not going to do well here, might as well move abroad.
    I'm sorry you feel that way, but I'm rather enjoying my stay on this message board so far, other than this thread anyway.



    How am I supposed to respect someone that I disagree with...and the majority of the American public disagrees with? The fact that he's our president has no bearing on whether or not I respect him. I didn't vote for him. I'm not saying I'd like to see him dead or anything like that, just that I would like to see him out of office, and can't wait until he is.

  27. #27

    Member Sales Rating: (17)

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    7,626

    Default

    .
    Maybe I was raised differently. I was raised to respect the President even if I didn't believe in everything he did/said. I still believe he did a great job under the extreme circumstances he was put through. Like I said before, hindsight's 20/20....Monday Morning arm-chair QBs, etc. etc.

    I respect people I disagree with on a daily basis, even 22 yr olds like you.
    "SOME PEOPLE CALL ME MAURICE,
    CAUSE I SPEAK OF THE POMPITIOUS OF LOVE"

  28. #28
    Banned
    Member Sales Rating: (14)

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Newark, Delaware
    Posts
    21,321

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by comfortablycurt View Post
    Holy ****...attack me.

    I apologize if my political beliefs don't exactly go along with yours...There are quite a few people in this country though that feel the same way. In fact, I think that's a big reason that the republicans got voted out of office, and lost majority control in the Senate. Bush's approval rating by the American people is lower than any other president in the entire history of the U.S. In fact currently it's at about 30% approval, and 65% disapproval, with the other 5% being neutral. These are just rough averages, but here's a link that shows his approval rating over his entire term for those of you who wish to question it.

    I'm not going to get sucked into a big argument about politics over the internet though, because I have before, and they never go anywhere. They just get irritating.

    I don't dislike America...Just George Bush. I don't agree with most of the things that he's done while in office. I still think America is the greatest country in the world...and would never leave it. Questioning our political choices and methods is part of being an American. The choice to disagree is one of the primary rights that we have here. If you want me to just agree with whatever our leaders tell us to do though...that's not really Democracy now is it? Me questioning his leadership is one of THE most American things I could possibly do. So don't tell me about how I'm not American.

    Now please, don't try to force me into an argument about politics, because I'm not interested in it. :D

    And no...I do not go by "cornholio" on another board.

    Please continue flaming me now if you so desire, I look forward to reading your comments. Laughter is good for the heart ya know.
    You can dance all you want, the issue here is your disrespect shown to our Commander - in- Chief you a$$wipe.

  29. #29

    Member Sales Rating: (11)

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Dixon, IL
    Posts
    6,519

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hearingimpared View Post
    You can dance all you want, the issue here is your disrespect shown to our Commander - in- Chief you a$$wipe.
    Thank you for repeating what's already been said. The point has gotten across much more thoroughly now.

  30. #30
    Banned
    Member Sales Rating: (14)

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Newark, Delaware
    Posts
    21,321

    Default

    It bears repeating because you keep tap dancing.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. The gratitude campaign
    By disneyjoe7 in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 01-12-2008, 10:49 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts