Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default Considering an Update

My first post on the forum and need a litte information. Our family finally migrated to the digital age of TV since our 20 year old tube TV died.
    As a present to ourselves we replaced it with a Toshiba Regza 46XV545U 46" Cinema Series LCD unit which is an outstanding unit.
    Well the upgrade bug hit so the six year Onkyo TX-DS676 receiver was replaced with a new TX-SR606 unit along with a Panasonic DMP-BD35K Blu-Ray unit.
    I now am considering updating the front surround speakers on my system. I have the the Polk Audio RM7600 speakers with the PSW400 Sub.
    I have my eye on the RTi A1 which will be purchased in a pair then later a replacement for the rear surround sound speakers.
    My question for those who may have upgraded from the RM7600 series speakers is their a major noticeable sound quality between the speakers?

Input is greatly appreciated.

:):)
    Last edited by MarvC; 12-27-2008 at 08:49 PM.

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Marv, Since I have never heard the RM7600 or the RTiA1s I am not the best person to answer this. But FWIW I read a lot of posts here and have seen more than a few that are very positive on the A1s, and if I'm not mistaken a couple of upgrades similar to what you describe with happy results. Hope someone that has gone this route can add more info that can actually be considered help.
    Welcome to CP.

Member Sales Rating: (41)

Quote Originally Posted by MarvC View Post
    My first post on the forum and need a litte information. Our family finally migrated to the digital age of TV since our 20 year old tube TV died.
    As a present to ourselves we replaced it with a Toshiba Regza 46XV545U 46" Cinema Series LCD unit which is an outstanding unit.
    Well the upgrade bug hit so the six year Onkyo TX-DS676 receiver was replaced with a new TX-SR606 unit along with a Panasonic DMP-BD35K Blu-Ray unit.
    I now am considering updating the front surround speakers on my system. I have the the Polk Audio RM7600 speakers with the PSW400 Sub.
    I have my eye on the RTi A1 which will be purchased in a pair then later a replacement for the rear surround sound speakers.
    My question for those who may have upgraded from the RM7600 series speakers is their a major noticeable sound quality between the speakers?

Input is greatly appreciated.

:):)

Welcome to the forum!!! Haven't heard the RM 7600 personally but I can tell you the new RTI a1's sound great for movies and tv watching, and can be had very cheap for around $150 which is a steal.

Member Sales Rating: (11)

You'll love that Onk' 606. That's what I'm using right now...it's one of the best entry level receivers on the market IMO.

I've never heard the RM7600 personally before...but the RTi A1's are some great speakers. I'm getting some pretty soon myself actually, to use as my surround speakers along with some RTi A5's for my mains.
    The nirvana inducer-
    APC H10 Power Conditioner
    Denon DVD-2910 universal player
    DPA The Little Bit Three DAC
    Yamaha P-300 turntable/TCC TC-750 phono preamp
    Acurus L10 preamp
    Adcom GFA-545 power amp
    PolkAudio SDA 2A's/PolkAudio Monitor 7A's
    Audioquest Type 4 speaker cables
    Audioquest Sidewinder IC's
    Audioquest Black Mamba IC's
    Signal Cable Analog II IC's

Thanks for the replies I went with a new pair of RTi A1's for the front surround sound speakers and for the rear surround sound I picked up (at a very good price) the RTi4 units.
    I spoke with technical support one of them has been there awhile and knew the RM7600 line very well.
    My sub is the PSW 400 which in his opinion is a to keep unit. All I need a little later on is a new center speaker to match the A1's and that should do it.

Pretty excited about the new speakers should be here by end of week.

Member Sales Rating: (41)

Quote Originally Posted by MarvC View Post
    Thanks for the replies I went with a new pair of RTi A1's for the front surround sound speakers and for the rear surround sound I picked up (at a very good price) the RTi4 units.
    I spoke with technical support one of them has been there awhile and knew the RM7600 line very well.
    My sub is the PSW 400 which in his opinion is a to keep unit. All I need a little later on is a new center speaker to match the A1's and that should do it.

Pretty excited about the new speakers should be here by end of week.

Let us know what you think about them once you get some time under the hood.

Would you be wanting to sell your RM7600 setup after you get your replacements purchased?

Any chance you could pick up some RTi6's? Better, bigger speaker...and since it's the previous model, you'll probably pay about the same.

Doing a quick search on ebay, you can get a pair for about $200 shipped. Or if the live search cash back still works it'd be even cheaper.
    Fronts: Polk RTi10
    Center: Polk CSi A4
    Surround: Polk FXi3
    Sub: Dayton 100
    AVR: Pioneer VSX-1018AH

Thread Information