Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store

View Poll Results: Which would you buy?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Buttkicker BK-LFEKit Low Frequency Effect Kit with Amplifier for Home Theater

7 70.00%
  • ButtKicker BKA300 Wireless Home Theater Kit with ButtKicker Advance and Power Amplifier

2 20.00%
  • Aura Pro Bass Shaker

1 10.00%
+ Reply to Thread
    ZERO Threshold of Hearing
    Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default Buttkicker, Wireless or Aura Pro?

Hey I am going to do a poll on bass shakers. I want to see what results are.
    Please take your time and read specs and vote the best product you decide if you were to buy it for yourself. Discussion is welcomed! If you know more products I didnt list here that does the same as items below, please provide info and link.

1. Buttkicker BK-LFEKit Low Frequency Effect Kit with Amplifier for Home Theater

Technical Details
    Complete home theater installation kit for ButtKicker LFE "silent subwoofer"
    Simulates the feeling of heavy bass through the furniture without the excessive volume
    Includes ButtKicker LFE, 2,100-watt amplifier, wiring cables, and furniture kit
    Furniture mounts sit under chair or couch legs to create tactile experience
    ButtKicker measures 5.5 inches wide (oval) and 5.375 inches tall; 2-year warranty

This can be wireless with ButtKicker BK-LINK RF Wireless System

I also can hook 4 Buttkickers to ButtKicker BK-QCP Quick-Connect Quick-Select Package

Product Features
    Easy-to-use kit simplifies installation of multiple ButtKicker LFEs
    Allows up to 4 ButtKicker LFEs to be connected to one ButtKicker power amplifier
    Lets you select whether or not an individual ButtKicker will receive any power
    Comes with an RCA Y-type connector and speaker-level interface adapter so you can use a subwoofer in conjunction with your ButtKicker LFE
    Includes all necessary wires and connectors to connectors for up to 4 LFEs
    Technical Details
    Model number: BK-QCP
    Maximum number of Buttkicker connected: 4
    Speaker cable type: 14-guage with banana plug connector
    Speaker cable length: 12 feet
    Buttkicker cable type: 14-guage with banana plug connector
    Buttkicker cable length: 20 feet
    In the Box: Powered Quick Connect Quick Select box, 4 speaker cables, cable for connecting Buttkicker to select box, RCA Y-connector and speaker level interface adapter
    __________________________________________________ _______

2. ButtKicker BKA300 Wireless Home Theater Kit with ButtKicker Advance and Power Amplifier

Technical Details
    Offers true infrasonic, or low-frequency response
    Attaches to seats and floors, and sends low-frequency sound directly into the listener's body
    Accurately reproduce the feeling range of many natural and man-made sounds
    Now with wider couch / chair mounting accessory kit
    BKA300-4 amplifier (115v) has integrated wireless option
    __________________________________________________ _______________

3. Aura Pro Bass Shaker
    without any amp and will need to purchase amp seperately for these bass shaker to run.

reserved

reserved #2

Member Sales Rating: (9)

Reserved for what? Are you going to review the items and post the results?

Quote Originally Posted by Polkitup2 View Post
    Reserved for what? Are you going to review the items and post the results?
    Yes sir! :D and ill list prices in reserved #1

Member Sales Rating: (1)

I'm running a Buttkicker LFE with the couch mount kit shown in the above pic. I'm not using their amp though. I'm using the second channel of the Samson 1000 that I'm powering my SVS 20-39CS+ with. So I'm pushing 500w to it and it shakes my couch nicely. I have it dialed back so that it blends in with my subwoofer well and doesn't stand out until there's some serious deep bass.

I've had a little experience with the Aura Pros, and in my estimation, you'd need like 3 or 4 of them to match one well placed Buttkicker LFE. I don't have any experience with the Buttkicker BKA300, so I can't speak to how it holds up against the Buttkicker LFE.

I won the Buttkicker LFE in a HT forum contest and had originally planned to sell it. I had some spare wire and a free amp channel on the Samson, so I hooked it up just to check it out. After one movie with the Buttkicker under the couch, I wasn't selling that sucker to anyone!

Member Sales Rating: (9)

Quote Originally Posted by CaligulaPolk View Post
    Yes sir! :D and ill list prices in reserved #1
    Cool! :D I selected the wireless because I can't have wires going to my main seating position.

Member Sales Rating: (36)

Is the wirless BK as big as the LFE? If not, you don't want it.

Member Sales Rating: (27)

The big 3 generally listed for tactile transducer are Aura, Buttkicker, and Clark.

I own the buttkicker LFE w/ BKA Amp and love it. Great for filling in the gap for really deep bass like the "Irene" scene in Black Hawk Down. Once dialed in correctly it blends seamlessly with your sub. Really adds so much to a movie, and has caused me to jump on numerous occasions, just don't run it hot or its really gimmicky.

P.S. Good luck updating posts 2 and 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaara View Post
    The big 3 generally listed for tactile transducer are Aura, Buttkicker, and Clark.

I own the buttkicker LFE w/ BKA Amp and love it. Great for filling in the gap for really deep bass like the "Irene" scene in Black Hawk Down. Once dialed in correctly it blends seamlessly with your sub. Really adds so much to a movie, and has caused me to jump on numerous occasions, just don't run it hot or its really gimmicky.

P.S. Good luck updating posts 2 and 3.
    can you provide clark info?

I am going for Buttkicker LFE and i am waiting for Buttkicker company to reply back my reply email. I seem cant find BKA 300 info on thebuttkicker.com. I asked for link because they said they just introduced BKA 300. If BKA is better than LFE and im going for it. It depends.. Wanted to know peoples experience with any shakers here.
    Last edited by CaligulaPolk; 12-22-2008 at 08:12 PM.

Member Sales Rating: (27)

Clark -> http://www.clarksynthesis.com/home-products.php. According to members over on AVS the clark is supposed to be better for music, and quicker, while the Buttkicker goes deeper, and can hit much harder.

I can't imagine the 300 beating out the LFE. The 300 looks more like the mini they introduced a while back, which couldn't go as deep and wasn't as powerful as the LFE. Plus I don't think 300watts is enough for these things, the BKA amp is 6x that much power.

Member Sales Rating: (11)

I say the LFE. It looks to be the best one. Having one that was wireless would be an advantage, but it doesn't look like it would have anywhere near as much impact.
    The nirvana inducer-
    APC H10 Power Conditioner
    Denon DVD-2910 universal player
    DPA The Little Bit Three DAC
    Yamaha P-300 turntable/TCC TC-750 phono preamp
    Acurus L10 preamp
    Adcom GFA-545 power amp
    PolkAudio SDA 2A's/PolkAudio Monitor 7A's
    Audioquest Type 4 speaker cables
    Audioquest Sidewinder IC's
    Audioquest Black Mamba IC's
    Signal Cable Analog II IC's

Quote Originally Posted by comfortablycurt View Post
    I say the LFE. It looks to be the best one. Having one that was wireless would be an advantage, but it doesn't look like it would have anywhere near as much impact.
    I was refered to this website by Buttkicker customer service. This site has more info on BKA 300 wireless.

http://www.shakemycouch.com/setup.html and it has more info on it than at amazon.com

Member Sales Rating: (17)

Forget about those "shakers". Clark Synthesis makes the real bass module. Audiophile quality no less. :)
    madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D

Have the Buttkicker LFE and never looked back. I would consider the wireless kit option as a must.......I think you are going to have a problem getting great feedback on the BKA 300 because it's not even officially been released. I called Guitammer Company who manufactures the unit yesterday and that is what they told me. The only dealer licensed to sell the product pre-release is Amazon ($300) and more dealers will be added in the near future.

Thread Information