First off, I am still in the pre-building phase of my installation on my 2003 G35 Coupe. As such, I am trying to get as much ideas and information as possible before beginning my build. (Of course, I will be eliminating every shred of the stock bose system.)
So far, I have come to the conclusion that Polk's SR series would be the best starting point as far as speakers go.
- My first question here is... 5250s or 6500s. (noting that 5250s do not require modification of the door to be installed)
- Secondly. How many speakers? Just because the stocks system has 6 speaker locations (not including the tweeters), doesn't necessarily mean I need to install 6 high quality mids. But, what would be optimal number and locations for sound quality considerations, just the 2 doors? (Avaliable locations are the front doors, rear deck and rear side panels)
- My thoughts on the head unit are currently a DDX812(the non nav version) to fill the double din slot I'll have available. Though I am willing to consider others in that price range.
- From what i have read thus far. Going with a bi-amped setup will be better as well, though I have never done this before and and am unsure of the advantages/challenges.
- I'm currently awaiting delivery of 80sq feet each of Damplifier Pro and overkill, for sound deadening of the interior. So, I have time to think and learn more before making decisions as I plan to finish their install before moving on to purchasing and installing the electronic components of the system.
- Any direct advice or links to posts which might have already answered questions I have would be appreciated as I'm tryin' to become less of a noob :p