I'm looking for a <$600 5.1 speaker setup for my Onkyo TX-SR606 (currently 5.1, thinking about biamping the fronts and maybe adding 7.1 later). I saw the TSi100 @ BB for 199/pr and they have a special this month for a free PSW10 or $199 off a PSW110 or PSW111 w/ a $499 purchase.
I like the sound of the TSi100 and am looking for bang for the buck. I'm probably 75% HT, 15% music, 10% Xbox.
I was thinking:
PSW10 puts me just under $600, PSW110 puts me just over $600.
It looks like I can find Monitor 30's for about half price of the TSi100's and Monitor 40's for the same price as the TSi100's.
So, my questions are:
1. Is it ok to biamp the TSi100's w/ the Onkyo 606? If so, is there much difference in SQ?
2. Should I just get the Monitor 30's instead of TSi100s to save $? How much better are the TSi100s?
3. Should I get the Monitor 40's instead of TSi100s?
3. If I get Monitor 30 or 40's would they be voiced the same as the CS10, or do I need to find a CS1?
4. If I get the Monitor 30 or 40's would they be voiced the same as the OWM3? If not what is the suggested surround speaker, 2 more Monitor 30's?
5. Is the PSW110 or PSW111 worth the extra $, or should I just go with the PSW10?
6. Is there another model or brand I should be considering for my price range?