Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Member Sales Rating: (14)

It's definitely the same board as my 2B XO, although I see a cap in the C2 position, and resistors in R2 and R3 that aren't present in the 2B's. Here's one of the XO's I pulled from the 2B (before I started taking it apart):

Good music, a good source, and good power can make SDA's sing. Tubes make them dance.

Also looks like there are two extra inductors, one in the location where mine has a ceramic resistor standing up next to C5.
    Good music, a good source, and good power can make SDA's sing. Tubes make them dance.

Member Sales Rating: (31)

P/B SRS 2.

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche

Looks like Polk got a lot of mileage out of that board!

Member Sales Rating: (16)

Not sure if this helps but 1C's depending on when they were manufactured come with 1 of 2 types of board.

1) split between 2 x-over boards

2) a single x-over board.

IIRC, the later model 1C's come with the single board x-overs.

Again not sure if this info helps

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass

Pass Aleph 30; Eastern Electric Mini Max; Adcom GDA600; MIT S3/Z Pc; SDA 1C; Squeezebox; Tubes add soul!

My 1C's have the split board:

Member Sales Rating: (31)

Quote Originally Posted by nspindel View Post
    Looks like Polk got a lot of mileage out of that board!
    For all we know, it may not have been Polk's doing.

I would crack open both speakers to see if the crossovers are the same in both speakers. Also, get the part numbers off all the woofers. Oh, and it looks like they may be 4 ohms after all.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Face View Post
    For all we know, it may not have been Polk's doing.
    Precisely what I was just thinking.

1C's are all 6 ohm nominal as far as I know. That was one of the changes between the 1B and 1C. But anything is possible with Polk as they always likes to use up old stock even in new models ;).

The 6 ohm is because of the driver compliment. The later SRS2's are also 6 ohms as they use the same drivers as the 1C

H9
    Last edited by heiney9; 01-19-2009 at 05:52 PM.
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass

Pass Aleph 30; Eastern Electric Mini Max; Adcom GDA600; MIT S3/Z Pc; SDA 1C; Squeezebox; Tubes add soul!

Member Sales Rating: (12)

Talking

they share the same x-over design in each speaker, all woofers/sda channels match the replacement guide in the forum and all inspection dates are the same on all drivers. in fact my passive units were born today! HAPPY B_DAY!!! lol.

the only thing i can say is that with exception to the binding posts, which I modded last nite, these are untouched internally. I am going to recondition their appearance first, then upgrade the x-overs and tweeters. that said, all i can say is WOW. I found a vintage 1990 alpine reference cd used to demo the performance of car audio and i am amazed at how easy it is to hear the breath of a flutist or the pages turn on sheet music when listening in stereo. i even get the effect of surround sound from just two speakers!
    It has been more than 10 years since I had sda's in my home. my last were sda-srs 1.2tl's which the ex got in a divorce, then kindly had taken to the curb when she no longer had room for them..... it feels good to have decent sound again:D

Quote Originally Posted by nooshinjohn View Post
    my last were sda-srs 1.2tl's which the ex got in a divorce, then kindly had taken to the curb when she no longer had room for them.....
    Stories like this just tear at my heart...

Member Sales Rating: (17)

Quote Originally Posted by nooshinjohn View Post
    my last were sda-srs 1.2tl's which the ex got in a divorce, then kindly had taken to the curb when she no longer had room for them.....

I would have made Sausage out of her!

Polk Audio SDA SRS 1.2TL's
    With new Exotic wood, Sonicaps, Mills & RDO198's - Born on 4-24-1989 and Signed by Matthew Polk!!!!

My Polk SDA SRS 1.2TL's http://www.LASAREATH.com/

It All Started here: http://tinyurl.com/lasareath2

Part Deux: http://tinyurl.com/lasareath3

Car Stereo---->http://www.salsleaf.com/leaf_stereo/index.htm<---- NEW for 2013

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Do you know where I can get replacement drivers for the SDA SRS 1.2TL -- everything except the Passive Radiator??

Member Sales Rating: (26)

Polk Audio would be my guess. Try giving them a call. Don't e-mail them, call. Here's the number.

866-764-1801
    In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

"The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to good analogue reproduction". - Kenneth Swauger

The XO upgrades are a MUST. RDO tweeters. Also consider spikes or granite slabs (what I did because I had them on hand) to improve bass response. Haven't done the rings yet but they are here waiting for me to have a free day. I run the 1C's off the 4ohm outputs of my amp. Definitely go with a tube amp down the road if you want to bring out the soul in them.

Member Sales Rating: (22)

Directly over the center of the earth in Olathe Kansas

^^^^ A man that knows what he is talking about. Gets those rings on, as far as must goes put it right behind xo and rdo.
    Speakers: SDA-1C (most all the goodies)
    Preamp: Joule Electra LA-150 MKII SE
    Amp: Wright WPA 50-50 EAT KT88s
    Analog: Marantz TT-15S1 MBS Glider SL| Wright WPP100C Amperex BB 6er5 and 7316 & WPM-100 SUT
    Digital: Mac mini 2.3GHz dual-core i5 8g RAM 1.5 TB HDD Music Server Amarra (memory play) - USB - W4S DAC 2
    Cables: Mits S3 IC and Spk cables| PS Audio PCs

Ofc: Wright WLA12 preamp: Anthem Amp 1: Pio Elite DV-79AVI: Airport Express: CAL Sigma II DAC: PA LS90 sonicaps and mills

Thread Information