Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Member Sales Rating: (16)

Quote Originally Posted by metal83 View Post
    How are those MIT EXp-1 cables? I've never heard of them.
    Below the AVt2's, but I'm sure they are good entry level cables nonetheless.

Check out MIT's home page. Some good info there metal.

http://www.mitcables.com/index.php?o...=100&Itemid=96

I just saw that you bought the RTi A7's metal. Seriously, do those speakers justice and buy some MIT cables. You'll be doing yourself a favor to. ;)

Member Sales Rating: (5)

Quote Originally Posted by Keiko View Post
    I just saw that you bought the RTi A7's metal. Seriously, do those speakers justice and buy some MIT cables. You'll be doing yourself a favor to. ;)
    One last question, how do those MIT EXp-1's compare to the three cables in the title of this thread? Just curious.

Well, I don't think you can really go wrong with any of the others mentioned. For example, I had the Blue Jeans Cable-Belden 5000UE 12ga. on my 2 channel until recently. I still use it for my surrounds. It works very good. BUT I've had these MIT's on my system now for 9 days. They're just starting to break-in and open up a bit. I'm noticing a wider sound stage plus much more detail and nuances I wasn't hearing before. Separation also seems to have improved. The past couple days I've fired up my system it's been sounding better & better. I quesstimate in the next month or so they will be completely burned in and I'll be getting the full benefit of the cable. For me, this has been one of the best upgrades I've done with my rig. I listened and took the advice of other respected members here. There's no looking back now. I just keep moving forward. ;) Buy what you can afford metal. There's nothing wrong with the BJC, Signal or AQ cables. Some guys with more experience and that have tried different cables might even prefer one of those over another. I may be a bit biased now over the MIT's, but again, these were a nice upgrade for me. YMMV so good luck. :)

Edit: Just don't buy any Monster Cables. ANYTHING but Monster!
    Last edited by Keiko; 01-28-2009 at 04:43 AM.

Member Sales Rating: (0)

I am a first time buyer of quality audio cables. I just installed AQ 4's. I can tell you there is a big difference in what is coming out of the system. If money is an issue you can't go wrong with AQ 4's. Remember kill the monster.
    Polk Monitor 60's
    PSW 10 Sub
    Bose Acoustimass 5 Series II
    Onkyo TX-8511 Two Channel Receiver
    Sony DVP NV800H5 CD/DVD Changer
    Denon DP-29F Turntable
    AudioQuest 4 Cables

Sansui AU-X901 Integrated Amp
    Yamaha RX-797 2 Channel Receiver
    Polk Lis 9's
    Yamaha 697 CD player
    AudioQuest 4 Cables

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Quote Originally Posted by bopicasso View Post
    I pulled the trigger on one pair of AQ type 4's on ebay last night for 89 dollars. Its coming from Hong Kong, but the feedback is 100%. Im still alittle worried.. Probably will take a long time to get them. The seller said 8-12 business days.
    I've seen similarly-located sellers in the past that were selling Kimber 8TC and 4TC. The jacket coloring (blue/black) and bananas did not look like typical Kimber, so I suspect that they were cheap knockoffs. I guess the proof would be to inspect the internal copper strands for the Varistrand construction. YMMV...

FYI, all my 8TC/WBTs were bought here in the states, although I did pay more than the Hong Kong ebayers. And they do sound amazing after they are broken in! I am using 8TCs in my A/V system (L+C+R) and 2-ch (bi-amped, 8TC LF/4TC HF per speaker).

A/V system: I also have BJC speaker wires for my surrounds, along with BJC and Monoprice interconnects. I have been very happy with their price/performance too! And am just about to buy some Signal Cable power cords due to their high praises from many sources... I am an equal opportunity cable buyer! :D

Remember, you get what you pay for...but enjoy nonetheless!
    Main HT:
    Epson 7500UB
    135" Elite Screens fixed frame
    Onkyo TX-SR805
    Emotiva UPA-7
    Oppo BDP-83
    Toshiba HD-XA2
    Panamax M5410 Pro
    Polk RTi A7's, CSi A6, TC80i, 65-RT
    Seaton Sound/MCCA MFW "Turbo" (orig. AV123 MFW-15)
    Velodyne SMS-1
    I/Cs: Kimber 8TC/WBTs (fronts); MP 12ga (surrounds), MP HDMI (all sources), some BJC sprinkled thruout
    Harmony 1100
    Salamander Triple 20 C/B

* FOR SALE NOW: CSi40, Harmony 1100

Thanks for the input guys, this is such a tough decision for a first time buyer, especially one as indecisive as me...:o

It also doesn't help when i search on google about all these cables, and just speaker cable in general, and i get all the "snake oil" type discussions. AVS seems good for that, the wire is wire type talk. I have no experience with any cable other then the cheap 16gauge walmart cable i'm using, so i can't form any kind of opinion, i can just read what other people say right now.
    Last edited by metal83; 01-28-2009 at 01:22 PM.

Member Sales Rating: (60)

Contact Greg(inspiredsports) about the MIT's. He will have a full front soundstage(3 separate cables) and you really wont feel the need to upgrade unless you really want to go up the food chain. Keiko's summary is dead on. You will be very happy. I'm taking all the thinking out of the equation for you.:D
    2CH - Magnepan MGIIIA's, Rogue Audio Magnum 66 pre, Parasound HCA1200 MKII, Douglas Connection IC's and Cables, Oppo BDP-83SE

Main HT - Adcom GFA7400, Rti70, Csi40, Rti28, Onkyo TX-SR705, Sony BDP-S1000ES, Signal Cable Analog 2 IC's, Mitsubishi 65" DLP, M&K 1250 THX Sub, Knu Koncepts cables

Mini HT - Samsung 46" 3D TV + 3D Blu ray player, HK AVR 254, Rti8's, Athena 12" sub

It also doesn't help when i search on google about all these cables, and just speaker cable in general, and i get all the "snake oil" type discussions. AVS seems good for that, the wire is wire type talk. I have no experience with any cable other then the cheap 16gauge walmart cable i'm using, so i can't form any kind of opinion, i can just read what other people say right now.
    There's no snake oil in the MIT's bud. Just pure magic. :)

Awesome! No work tonight because of a massive snow storm, so i get paid to sit at home and have some beers while enjoying my new RTi A7's...:D...Anyways lol.

Yeah i think i'm going to grab those MIT EXp-1 cables, Greg seems like a real stand up guy and i feel a lot more comfortable buying from him then some Hong Kong seller on Ebay. I wish i could afford those AVt-2 speaker cables he has, but then i wouldn't have enough at the moment to buy IC's, which i'll need when my amp arrives.

All you guys have been a great help and i really appreciate it, i love club polk! :)

Now i just need to decide on my IC's lol.
    Last edited by metal83; 01-28-2009 at 06:06 PM.

Member Sales Rating: (41)

He has some MIT IC's

Now i just need to decide on my IC's lol.
    Greg's a real good guy. Ask him if he still has some AVt2 interconnects available. If he does, you might want to get the AVt2 speaker cable. He wasn't asking much more for it and this way you'll have perfectly matched IC's and speaker cable. Compare the actual retail cost on those cables and what Greg is selling them for. It doesn't get any better than that my friend. ;)

Member Sales Rating: (41)

Man, hope you don't plan on buying a house anytime soon. Might take you a couples years.:)
    Last edited by leroyjr1; 01-28-2009 at 06:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by leroyjr1 View Post
    He has some MIT IC's
    I'm checking them out as we speak.
    By the way leroy, thanks for the suggestion on the MIT's.
    From what you and the other guys say, it seems that's my best bet.

Quote Originally Posted by leroyjr1 View Post
    Man, hope you don't plan on buying a house anytime soon. Might take you a couples years.
    Haha, No joke there, it will! lol
    And i actually am going to be in the market for buying a house pretty soon, that's my #1 priority, which is why i'm being cautious with how much i spend on all this stuff right now.

2CH - Magnepan MGIIIA's, Rogue Audio Magnum 66 pre, Parasound HCA1200 MKII, Douglas Connection IC's and Cables, Oppo BDP-83SE

Main HT - Adcom GFA7400, Rti70, Csi40, Rti28, Onkyo TX-SR705, Sony BDP-S1000ES, Signal Cable Analog 2 IC's, Mitsubishi 65" DLP, M&K 1250 THX Sub, Knu Koncepts cables

Mini HT - Samsung 46" 3D TV + 3D Blu ray player, HK AVR 254, Rti8's, Athena 12" sub

Quote Originally Posted by Keiko View Post
    Greg's a real good guy. Ask him if he still has some AVt2 interconnects available. If he does, you might want to get the AVt2 speaker cable. He wasn't asking much more for it and this way you'll have perfectly matched IC's and speaker cable. Compare the actual retail cost on those cables and what Greg is selling them for. It doesn't get any better than that my friend. ;)
    I just sent Greg a PM asking about the AVt speaker cables and AVt IC's, because the thought of having everything match up sure is tempting. I might as well see what i can get those for before i make my final decision, but i'm definetly buying something, i can't wait any longer!!! :o lol

Haha, No joke there, it will! lol
    And i actually am going to be in the market for buying a house pretty soon, that's my #1 priority, which is why i'm being cautious with how much i spend on all this stuff right now.
    Plasma Center!!! :p

Seriously, you'll be very happy I think with those cables if you buy them.

Alright guys, the decision has been made, finally! lol

I ended up getting the MIT AVt-2 speaker cables, along with the AVt-2 IC's, i purchased them from Greg earlier today, i should receive them either Saturday or Monday. Greg's definetly a stand up guy, and i'm extremely excited for them to arrive!!!!...:D

Thanks for the help, opinions, and suggestions from everyone, i appreciate it very much!

Right on metal!!! You are going to be extremely happy with them. And yes, Greg is a really cool guy. Enjoy those MIT's. ;)

I have received the MIT AVt-2 speaker cables and IC's this morning at 10:00am. That is some amazingly fast shipping considering i ordered them on Thurdsay afternoon! Greg is without a doubt a great person to buy from!

Can't wait to rip out the 12 ga Walmart cables and get these bad boys hooked up!

Thanks for the help everyone...:D

Remember it'll take awhile to burn in but once they do....................:):D

Quote Originally Posted by daboyz View Post
    Remember it'll take awhile to burn in but once they do....................:):D
    Yeah, i've got the papers that come with the MIT's on installing and burning in the cables. I'll probably leave my system on low when i'm out and about, and when i'm sleeping, just to speed up the process..:D

Thread Information