Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default Affixed speaker stands for RTi A3

Folks,
    I just received a pair of RTi A3s to complete my HT system. I want to put them on stands, but I would prefer they be affixed to the stand. All of the ones I've looked at online (except for those designed for palm-sized speakers) look like the speaker just sits on top of the platform. I have a blind dog and a crazy cat and a fair amount of chaos, so I need to ensure they can't be knocked over (I plan to tie the stands to the wall). Are there any that offer a way to attach to the keyhole mounts on the back of the speaker?

BTW, why is it that the A3s come with just one keyhole mount while the FXi A4s, which weigh about 7 lbs less, have two???

TIA!

Member Sales Rating: (11)

Quote Originally Posted by Overkill View Post
    Folks,
    I just received a pair of RTi A3s to complete my HT system. I want to put them on stands, but I would prefer they be affixed to the stand. All of the ones I've looked at online (except for those designed for palm-sized speakers) look like the speaker just sits on top of the platform. I have a blind dog and a crazy cat and a fair amount of chaos, so I need to ensure they can't be knocked over (I plan to tie the stands to the wall). Are there any that offer a way to attach to the keyhole mounts on the back of the speaker?

BTW, why is it that the A3s come with just one keyhole mount while the FXi A4s, which weigh about 7 lbs less, have two???

TIA!
    I'm not sure of any stands that would work for you, but I think that the reasoning for the FXi's having two keyholes is so that you can point them in different directions. To mount them on either side in a surround setting you'd have to use one of the keyholes on one speaker, and the use the opposite keyhole on the other speaker, so that they're both pointed towards the listening area.

Also, I'm not positive, but I didn't think the A3's even had keyhole slots. I know the A1's do...but I'm pretty sure the A3's don't. Anyone correct me if I'm wrong on that though.
    The nirvana inducer-
    APC H10 Power Conditioner
    Denon DVD-2910 universal player
    DPA The Little Bit Three DAC
    Yamaha P-300 turntable/TCC TC-750 phono preamp
    Acurus L10 preamp
    Adcom GFA-545 power amp
    PolkAudio SDA 2A's/PolkAudio Monitor 7A's
    Audioquest Type 4 speaker cables
    Audioquest Sidewinder IC's
    Audioquest Black Mamba IC's
    Signal Cable Analog II IC's

Member Sales Rating: (49)

I build all my stands, and hangers at the shop

http://www.dynamicmetalfab.com/index.html

This is where i live during the day,if you have problems finding something maybe i can help you out here.all i will need is some idea of what you want or you could draw something up,and fax it to me.

Let me know.
    Hot Rodded SDA 1.2TL's, SDA 1C's, SDA CRS+'s...
    Powered By Wyred 4 Sound, STP-SE, SX-1000...
    MIT-Shotgun's ...

Quote Originally Posted by comfortablycurt View Post
    I'm not sure of any stands that would work for you, but I think that the reasoning for the FXi's having two keyholes is so that you can point them in different directions. To mount them on either side in a surround setting you'd have to use one of the keyholes on one speaker, and the use the opposite keyhole on the other speaker, so that they're both pointed towards the listening area.
    The two keyholes are one immediately below the other, separated by about 3". So they only mount one way. The template and instructions say to use both, and 2 screws are provided for each speaker.

Also, I'm not positive, but I didn't think the A3's even had keyhole slots. I know the A1's do...but I'm pretty sure the A3's don't. Anyone correct me if I'm wrong on that though.
    Yep, I'm looking at it right now :) It's in the top of the PowerPort plate.

These speakers are bigger than I expected (I guess I didn't pay close enough attention to the depth in the dimensions). I may end up having to mount them on the wall, but that will put them behind the TV a bit.

Member Sales Rating: (11)

Well I stand corrected then. I don't own either speaker, so I was just going on guess work. That seems assbackwards to me though. Why put only one keyhole on the heavier speaker?
    The nirvana inducer-
    APC H10 Power Conditioner
    Denon DVD-2910 universal player
    DPA The Little Bit Three DAC
    Yamaha P-300 turntable/TCC TC-750 phono preamp
    Acurus L10 preamp
    Adcom GFA-545 power amp
    PolkAudio SDA 2A's/PolkAudio Monitor 7A's
    Audioquest Type 4 speaker cables
    Audioquest Sidewinder IC's
    Audioquest Black Mamba IC's
    Signal Cable Analog II IC's

Lots of speaker stands have top plates that measure only about 6"x6". Seems awfully small for a speaker with as large a base as the RTi A3 (8.5" x 14"). At least, for someone concerned with it being bumped over like I am.

I'm a little intrigued by a couple center channel speaker stands I've seen, such as THIS one<--click. Turn it sideways and it would be a near-perfect fit. Thoughts?
    LG 47LG70 LCD TV
    Yamaha RX-V663
    RTi A3
    CSi A4
    FXi A4
    Energy S10.2
    ...still trying to decipher the Yamaha instruction book and get things set correctly...

Member Sales Rating: (16)

The A3s have one keyhole slot on the rear power port - I use it to thread a zip tie thru it to secure it to my wall mounts.

Erik

Thread Information