Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    ZERO Threshold of Hearing
    Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default Monster Power HTs 3600 MKII

Is it any good?? Anyone here have it and pro or cons?? I bought a unit today.
    Thanks
    I am 100% BORN DEAF and No I am not kidding! :D Why am I here? My wife's hearing! :p

My Home Theater Rig || Television: 58" Panasonic TH-58PZ800U Viera Plasma || Power Conditioner: Power Monster HTS 3600 MKII || Receiver: Onkyo TX-SR805 || Blu-Ray/Gaming: 60 Gigabytes Playstation 3 || Amplifier: Emotiva XPA-5 || Fronts: Polk Audio RT800i || Center: Polk Audio CS245i || Surrounds: TBA|| Subwoofer: TBA

Member Sales Rating: (11)

For what it's worth, I have two of these protecting two different systems. They are working as they should, I've had no problems, and we've had a couple of brownouts and outages.
    I also like the low voltage and line voltage triggers, it can power your entire system on by turning one component on or off.

Member Sales Rating: (1)

pretty nice little unit, I have the 3500/7000 both do well, for the price you'll like it.
    Shoot the jumper.....................BALLIN.............!!!! !

Home Theater Pics in the Showcase

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/show...p?userid=73580

How do I properly grounded 120V AC outlet? is this mandatory?
    I am 100% BORN DEAF and No I am not kidding! :D Why am I here? My wife's hearing! :p

My Home Theater Rig || Television: 58" Panasonic TH-58PZ800U Viera Plasma || Power Conditioner: Power Monster HTS 3600 MKII || Receiver: Onkyo TX-SR805 || Blu-Ray/Gaming: 60 Gigabytes Playstation 3 || Amplifier: Emotiva XPA-5 || Fronts: Polk Audio RT800i || Center: Polk Audio CS245i || Surrounds: TBA|| Subwoofer: TBA

Member Sales Rating: (21)

When you plug the unit it in it well tell you via the LEDs on the front if your outlet is wired correctly. Meaning the Hot and Neutral are where they are supposed to be and there is a good ground in the outlet.

If you not seeing light Ground OK light on then, try switching outlets. The ground is what is used to dump voltage overages and also get rid of the excessive voltage from spikes.

For all the different things your going to be running thru this unit, it being properly grounded is important.

Member Sales Rating: (18)

I own one, and I have no issues with it. Works as it should.

Quote Originally Posted by Willow View Post
    I own one, and I have no issues with it. Works as it should.
    do u ground to av outlet?

Manual is not that good, very simple and shoudl had done better

can anyone draw me diagram how to ground av outlet?

Isn't it a 3 prong? wouldn't that ground it?

Quote Originally Posted by Willow View Post
    Isn't it a 3 prong? wouldn't that ground it?

Never mind, i downloaded Internet Manual and it explained better... thanks for inputs. DAMN NOOB HERE!!
    Last edited by CaligulaPolk; 01-25-2009 at 01:23 PM.

I hooked Verizon Cable box, Onkyo 805, PS3 and Philips DVDR to MKII

Now everything is turned off because mkii shut down and there red light came on "Abnormal Voltage”

Indicator: Indicates that the incoming voltage is below approximately 70V AC
    or above approximately 130V AC. when i turned onkyo on and i think onkyo took much of power voltage. What should i do? remove one of electronics i plugged into?

I just unplugged MKII electric wire off from outlet for 15 seconds and see if it will reset, it blinks red light "Abnormal Voltage”

and wont turn on, everything is off and cable box too.

NEED HELP

It sounds like there may be something wrong with your wiring. Just taking a guess, but it sounds like it isn't drawing enough power from the wall.
    The nirvana inducer-
    APC H10 Power Conditioner
    Denon DVD-2910 universal player
    DPA The Little Bit Three DAC
    Yamaha P-300 turntable/TCC TC-750 phono preamp
    Acurus L10 preamp
    Adcom GFA-545 power amp
    PolkAudio SDA 2A's/PolkAudio Monitor 7A's
    Audioquest Type 4 speaker cables
    Audioquest Sidewinder IC's
    Audioquest Black Mamba IC's
    Signal Cable Analog II IC's

Quote Originally Posted by comfortablycurt View Post
    It sounds like there may be something wrong with your wiring. Just taking a guess, but it sounds like it isn't drawing enough power from the wall.
    I think onkyo has do something do with this. before i turned onkyo on, it was fine then i turned it on, boom power gone...

I think it went over 130 volts when onkyo is on.

Quote Originally Posted by CaligulaPolk View Post
    I think onkyo has do something do with this. before i turned onkyo on, it was fine then i turned it on, boom power gone...

I think it went over 130 volts when onkyo is on.
    That shouldn't be the problem. Those power centers are designed to be used with A/V gear. I wouldn't think the Onkyo would be the cause of it. I'm not to knowledgeable on that subject though.
    The nirvana inducer-
    Acurus L10 preamp
    Adcom GFA-545 power amp

I hope i didnt fry the av oulet

Member Sales Rating: (37)

Maybe your "Bush !!!!" thread did it ;)
    VTL ST50 w/mods/RCA6L6GC/TlfnknECC801S
    CJPV-5 w/mods
    TT CJ Sonographe SG3 Oak/Sumiko LMT/Grado Wood Plat/Sumiko PIB2/The Clamp
    Musical Fidelity A1 CDPro
    Tuners w/mods Kenwood KT5020/Fisher KM60
    MF x-DAC V8, HAInfo NG27
    Herbies Ti-9/Vibrapods/MIT Shtgn AC1 IEC's/MIT Shotgun 2 IC's/MIT Shtgn 2 Speaker
    PSAudio Cryo PwrPrt Prem/ExctPwrEP15A
    Wlnt SDA 2B TL/Oak SDA SRS II TL-Sonicaps/Mills/Cardas/Cust SDA ICs/Mortite/Dynamat Extreme/TFLF Rings/FSB-2 Spikes
    NAD SS rigs w/mods
    GIK panels

Quote Originally Posted by inspiredsports View Post
    That's probably it. Someone sent a virus to his wall outlet in a fit of rage. Problem solved.;)

You need to run the virus scan on your AC outlet.
    The nirvana inducer-
    Acurus L10 preamp
    Adcom GFA-545 power amp

if so DAMN BUSH! lol

but seriously, NO CABle right now!!! I tried everthing and Abnormal Voltage still blinking, i reset main power and still nothing, i unplugged and nothing..

i hope i didnt fry the unit or av outlet
    Last edited by CaligulaPolk; 01-25-2009 at 06:48 PM.

Member Sales Rating: (37)

Have you tried moving the 3600 to another outlet on another circuit breaker somewhere in your home and just powering it up with a lamp or other small item just to see if the 3600 straightens out?

For kicks you might also turn the breaker for the outlet showing "Abnormal" off and then back on.

Is there a "Reset" button on the 3600?

Was your unit brand new or used?

Abnormal Voltage: If the input voltage drops below 90 volts or rises above 132 volts a warning LED lights.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/archi.../t-922641.html
    Last edited by inspiredsports; 01-25-2009 at 08:10 PM.
    VTL ST50 w/mods/RCA6L6GC/TlfnknECC801S
    CJPV-5 w/mods
    TT CJ Sonographe SG3 Oak/Sumiko LMT/Grado Wood Plat/Sumiko PIB2/The Clamp
    Musical Fidelity A1 CDPro
    Tuners w/mods Kenwood KT5020/Fisher KM60
    MF x-DAC V8, HAInfo NG27
    Herbies Ti-9/Vibrapods/MIT Shtgn AC1 IEC's/MIT Shotgun 2 IC's/MIT Shtgn 2 Speaker
    PSAudio Cryo PwrPrt Prem/ExctPwrEP15A
    Wlnt SDA 2B TL/Oak SDA SRS II TL-Sonicaps/Mills/Cardas/Cust SDA ICs/Mortite/Dynamat Extreme/TFLF Rings/FSB-2 Spikes
    NAD SS rigs w/mods
    GIK panels

Have you tried moving the 3600 to another outlet on another circuit breaker somewhere in your home and just powering it up with a lamp other small item just to see if the 3600 straightens out?

For kicks you might also turn the breaker for the outlet showing "Abnormal" off and then back on.

Is there a "Reset" button on the 3600?
    i pressed reset button in the back, nothing, tried all that but didnt move it to other outlet, i will unhook everything after i am finished watching cable (DVR is recording) I managed to pull cable power cord and plug into av outlet. it worked fine...

I think it is mkii wont reset. I certainly hope i did not fried the 3600. Unit is brand new I will call tech support but suggestions will be appreciated til i talk to tech support rep tomorrow.
    Last edited by CaligulaPolk; 01-25-2009 at 08:12 PM.

Member Sales Rating: (21)

Don't know if it helps, but my Onkyo is being run thru plug labeled "reciever" on the back of my MKII 3600.

Just a suggestion, unplug everything on the 3600. Plug the 3600 back into the wall. There are indicator lights on the front of the 3600 that will tell you if your house wiring is OK. If all the lights that are supposed to be on are green and the front panel display displays around 120v you should be good to go.

Reading the manual, I would plug your componenets into the outlets that are recommended for each type. My guess is that most of your stuff will plug into the unswitched outlets. Try plugging the Onkyo, into one of the switched outlets, which are usually reserved for higher current draw.

If you plug everything in correctly, and one at a time, you should be able to determine what the problem component might be.

Hope that helps,
    Scott

PS I have the MKII 3600, MKII 3500 Pro and a Belkin PF60 on my systems. None have given me any problems. They ahve always worked the way they should in surges and brown outs.
    Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid. ..... Frank Zappa

My Mid-Fi Systems - In The Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by Gadabout View Post
    Don't know if it helps, but my Onkyo is being run thru plug labeled "reciever" on the back of my MKII 3600.

Just a suggestion, unplug everything on the 3600. Plug the 3600 back into the wall. There are indicator lights on the front of the 3600 that will tell you if your house wiring is OK. If all the lights that are supposed to be on are green and the front panel display displays around 120v you should be good to go.

Reading the manual, I would plug your componenets into the outlets that are recommended for each type. My guess is that most of your stuff will plug into the unswitched outlets. Try plugging the Onkyo, into one of the switched outlets, which are usually reserved for higher current draw.

If you plug everything in correctly, and one at a time, you should be able to determine what the problem component might be.

Hope that helps,
    Scott

PS I have the MKII 3600, MKII 3500 Pro and a Belkin PF60 on my systems. None have given me any problems. They ahve always worked the way they should in surges and brown outs.
    I will give it a try in the morning, about to hit the sack! thanks for sharing and hopefully ur tip will work! :D

Thumbs down

ok...Imoved the unit to another room with different ac outlet unit wont turn on stilll blinking red light abnormal voltage . i think i got bunk unit , called MP and they were closed for the day

Yeah...it sounds like you might have gotten a defective unit.
    The nirvana inducer-
    Acurus L10 preamp
    Adcom GFA-545 power amp

I was advised to buy Panamax instead.

anyone satisifed with their panamax unit? or should i exchange for same 3600 mkii?

Personally I'd go with the Panamax. That's what I use, and I couldn't be happier with it.
    The nirvana inducer-
    Acurus L10 preamp
    Adcom GFA-545 power amp

I had a panamax and now the 3600, never had issues with any of them. My rotel is plugged into it my HK is plugged into the receiver plug, my power goes from 122 down to 110, I think it's due to the construction around here. But it does sound like you might have a dead 3600

Glad they were open today!

I called and they will be replacing my unit, I will need to ship my unit tomorrow and it will take few days. Tech support think i got defective unit and they dont know why it wont reset.

Good to hear you got it worked out. Hopefully you don't end up with another defective one.
    The nirvana inducer-
    Acurus L10 preamp
    Adcom GFA-545 power amp