Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default Speaker Maintenance?

I have a pair of Polk Monitor 10's that have worked like a dream for over 10 years. Is there such thing as a "tune up" for speakers such as this that are as old as mine? OR is it best to leave a good thing alone?

Member Sales Rating: (13)

Welcome to the forum!

You can upgrade the crossovers, other than that, just enjoy.
    'Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Member Sales Rating: (4)

F1nut- could you please detail what replacing the crossovers will help? I have a pair of Monitor 5jr speakers.... is replacing the crossovers on all older speakers reccomended? I think they sound just fine the way they are.... just curious.

nadams
    Ludicrous gibs!

Member Sales Rating: (40)

F1 is not talking about a swap-out, just simply upgrading the crossover components (not needed, just a tweak some enjoy). Ie: going with better resistors, coils, and caps. Something along the line of Mills resistors, Solen or Audiocap capacitors, etc.

As far as general maintenance, keep the cabs clean with a little murphy's oil or lemon oil, lightly vacuum the grills, and check your wire connections for oxidation (if you are in the bare-wire club), other than that, En-friggin-Joy.

Cheers,
    Rooster
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.

Member Sales Rating: (13)

The RuSsMaN is correct, I was speaking of upgrade not swap out.
    'Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Thread Information