Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Talking PIONEER SC-05: 2 channel savior

Whoa!! Just picked this baby up at BB three days ago. The answer to my 2 channel quest! Had been running the Yamaha 663, but just wasnt happy how it processed 2 channel listening, loved it for HT. Got a great deal i thought at BB, retailing at $1699, i was able to haggle the price down to $1400, including a 4 year warranty. Pretty happy with that. But with all the audio options this thing offer's, i have never been more pleased for 2 channel, also hooked up to the Xpa-3, THIS THING ROCK'S.:D Still trying to fine tune, any "make sure's" i should do? I know i have the manual, the volume of info is quite frankly, "overwhelming". Appreciate any insider info from forum members on audio/video features. Thanks in advance.

Pat.
    Receiver: Pioneer Elite SC-05
    Amp: Emotiva Xpa-3
    Front L/R: POLK Rti-a9s':D
    Center:POLK Csi-a6
    Rear surround's:POLK Rti-a1s'
    Sub: Klipsch Synergy sub-12
    Sony Kdl-46w4100 46" LCD
    PS3
    Audioquest type 4 wiring.

Member Sales Rating: (12)

take it back asap.... you can get it online and save 400 bucks more

http://www.fotoconnection.com/p95350...ng-direct.html

Quote Originally Posted by nooshinjohn View Post

I knew that was coming, couldnt do it any other way than the BB card. Im happy........ Ah yeah, im happy. (cough).
    Sony Kdl-46w4100 46" LCD
    PS3

Member Sales Rating: (12)

LMAO... sorry to rain on your parade like that... see if they offer it online and ask that they meet their online competition... is your bb card a visa as well? mine is

LMAO... sorry to rain on your parade like that... see if they offer it online and ask that they meet their online competition... is your bb card a visa as well? mine is
    Unfortunately it's not. so caught up in the new experience, blind to the cash side of it as far as a better deal.
    Sony Kdl-46w4100 46" LCD
    PS3

Member Sales Rating: (3)

Good choice pioneer elite line has a really good sound.

Member Sales Rating: (1)

I run the SC-07 in my setup. Very happy with the results as you are with yours. If you have any questions let me know, also heres a dedicated thread for the 05/07 also. I would love the 09 but for price its way out of my league. So I went for the 07 at a great price, 1600 bucks to be exact. Enjoy the 05 you have a great piece of equipment on ya hands with tons of features.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1057599
    Shoot the jumper.....................BALLIN.............!!!! !

Home Theater Pics in the Showcase

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/show...p?userid=73580

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Sherardp View Post
    I run the SC-07 in my setup. Very happy with the results as you are with yours. If you have any questions let me know, also heres a dedicated thread for the 05/07 also. I would love the 09 but for price its way out of my league. So I went for the 07 at a great price, 1600 bucks to be exact. Enjoy the 05 you have a great piece of equipment on ya hands with tons of features.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1057599
    Thank's for the link and info. Feel like i have gone from the ground floor to the penthouse in home audio. Didnt know what i was missing until i listened to this unit!:)
    Sony Kdl-46w4100 46" LCD
    PS3

Been locked up with this bad boy all weekend. Wife's been working double shift's at our local hospital, kid's have been in and out, life is good. Picture me, unshaven, pizza box's, beer can's, everywhere, volume cranked. LOL, just kidding. But seriously, if your in the market for a new receiver, please consider this unit, IT'S FRIGGIN AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

Pat.
    Sony Kdl-46w4100 46" LCD
    PS3

Member Sales Rating: (5)

Quote Originally Posted by retro152 View Post
    Been locked up with this bad boy all weekend. Wife's been working double shift's at our local hospital, kid's have been in and out, life is good. Picture me, unshaven, pizza box's, beer can's, everywhere, volume cranked. LOL, just kidding. But seriously, if your in the market for a new receiver, please consider this unit, IT'S FRIGGIN AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

Pat.
    Awesome! I'm very happy with my Pioneer Elite 92, but i sure wouldn't mind having that one either!!! :)

Hey Metal. yeah just jumped up from the 663 and what a difference! of course it's put me in the poor house for now, but oh well, didnt realize how good 2 channel could be with a receiver like this, the missing link. Still trying to work my dumb-ass newb brain through all the feature's, but so far: AWESOME!
    Sony Kdl-46w4100 46" LCD
    PS3

Member Sales Rating: (5)

Hey Metal. yeah just jumped up from the 663 and what a difference! of course it's put me in the poor house for now, but oh well, didnt realize how good 2 channel could be with a receiver like this, the missing link. Still trying to work my dumb-ass newb brain through all the feature's, but so far: AWESOME!
    LOL I hear ya man, i've had mine for quite a while but still haven't wrapped my mind around all the features and things to tweak. All i've really done is use the MCACC, then set my center to small and fronts to large (no sub) and away i go...lol

There are probably other tweaks i could make to improve the sound i'm sure.

Some of the things i haven't really touched are...well...a lot of stuff..:o lol

DRC max/mid/auto/off.......i have this set to off
    LFE 0db
    SACD GAIN 0
    DUAL ch1 ch2
    HIBITSMP on/off............i have this set to off
    DIALOG E on/off............i have this set to off
    DNR on/off...................i have this set to off
    TONE bypass/on............i have this set to bypass
    MID/LDN on/off..............i have this set to off
    DELAY 0.0fr
    A. DELAY.......................i have this set to off.
    S-WAVE on/off...............i have this set to on.
    EQ on/off......................i have this set to on

The Phase button on the remote, it's on Fullband Phase.
    The SBch button, i have the virtual surround back off.

So yeah, i still have a lot to mess with and learn about, no question there lol.
    Last edited by metal83; 02-08-2009 at 08:18 PM.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by metal83 View Post
    LOL I hear ya man, i've had mine for quite a while but still haven't wrapped my mind around all the features and things to tweak. All i've really done is use the MCACC, then set my center to small and fronts to large (no sub) and away i go...lol

There are probably other tweaks i could make to improve the sound i'm sure.

Some of the things i haven't really touched are...well...a lot of stuff..:o lol

DRC max/mid/auto/off.......i have this set to off
    LFE 0db
    SACD GAIN 0
    DUAL ch1 ch2
    HIBITSMP on/off............i have this set to off
    DIALOG E on/off............i have this set to off
    DNR on/off...................i have this set to off
    TONE bypass/on............i have this set to bypass
    MID/LDN on/off..............i have this set to off
    DELAY 0.0fr
    A. DELAY.......................i have this set to off.
    S-WAVE on/off...............i have this set to on.
    EQ on/off......................i have this set to on

The Phase button on the remote, it's on Fullband Phase.
    The SBch button, i have the virtual surround back off.

So yeah, i still have a lot to mess with and learn about, no question there lol.
    Ha Ha, i was alway's one of those people to just "Press a button and it work's" never caring about detail or "Fine tune" lol. Do have some of the features you listed setup, it's like that homework assignment in school, gotta force myself to learn the manual.:(
    Sony Kdl-46w4100 46" LCD
    PS3

HI GUYS,

I'm in the shopping phase for a new receiver and was looking at the Marantz SR-5003. Found it online (thanks to another member here) for about $600 w/free ground shipping. Now I read about this receiver and for only anther $600 or so, I can get the Pioneer SC-05. It's twice the cost of the Marantz. But is the Pioneer SC-05 TWICE as nice as the Marantz? Is the SC-05 going to sound 100% better than the SR-5003?

I'm confused now if the Marantz is still as good choice or, since I'm looking to buy a new receiver, if I shouldn't heed the advice of OP:

"But seriously, if your in the market for a new receiver, please consider this unit, IT'S FRIGGIN AWESOME!!!!!!!!!"

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Terra S View Post
    HI GUYS,

I'm in the shopping phase for a new receiver and was looking at the Marantz SR-5003. Found it online (thanks to another member here) for about $600 w/free ground shipping. Now I read about this receiver and for only anther $600 or so, I can get the Pioneer SC-05. It's twice the cost of the Marantz. But is the Pioneer SC-05 TWICE as nice as the Marantz? Is the SC-05 going to sound 100% better than the SR-5003?

I'm confused now if the Marantz is still as good choice or, since I'm looking to buy a new receiver, if I shouldn't heed the advice of OP:

"But seriously, if your in the market for a new receiver, please consider this unit, IT'S FRIGGIN AWESOME!!!!!!!!!"
    Marantz is an awesome company putting out quality component's, have a friend who own's the 6003, and swear's by it. Please dont take my word as gospel, listen for yourself if you can. Im caught up in the moment, and upon my limited knowledge and ability to critique equipment, IMHO, This is a GREAT receiver! :)

Pat.
    Last edited by Retro152; 02-08-2009 at 10:23 PM.
    Sony Kdl-46w4100 46" LCD
    PS3

I can't see how I'd be able to listen to both receivers as it's highly unlikely BB is going to have them both set up and ready to audition, but I'll take a look anyway. I just want to make sure I buy a receiver that has really musical sound for stereo (a tall order I know).

Did you like the stereo sound as much before you hooked up the Emo amp? Have you heard your friends 6003?

is that even an authorized dealer???
    Pro-ject RM-9.1 w/ Grado Sonata 1 -> USP-1 -> RPA-1 -> Vienna Acoustics Mozart Grands

Whoa!! Just picked this baby up at BB three days ago. The answer to my 2 channel quest! Had been running the Yamaha 663, but just wasnt happy how it processed 2 channel listening, loved it for HT. Got a great deal i thought at BB, retailing at $1699, i was able to haggle the price down to $1400, including a 4 year warranty. Pretty happy with that. But with all the audio options this thing offer's, i have never been more pleased for 2 channel, also hooked up to the Xpa-3, THIS THING ROCK'S.:D Still trying to fine tune, any "make sure's" i should do? I know i have the manual, the volume of info is quite frankly, "overwhelming". Appreciate any insider info from forum members on audio/video features. Thanks in advance.

Pat.
    :D congrats again
    Pro-ject RM-9.1 w/ Grado Sonata 1 -> USP-1 -> RPA-1 -> Vienna Acoustics Mozart Grands

Talking

I can't see how I'd be able to listen to both receivers as it's highly unlikely BB is going to have them both set up and ready to audition, but I'll take a look anyway. I just want to make sure I buy a receiver that has really musical sound for stereo (a tall order I know).

Did you like the stereo sound as much before you hooked up the Emo amp? Have you heard your friends 6003?
    Well yes, chance's are BB cant offer an audition for both. Prior to owning the sc-05, i had a Yamaha rxv663 paired with the Emo, and still wasnt satisfied for 2 channel listening, Cd's, I-pod, etc. But with all the audio option's and better EQ the SC-05 offer's, im blown away! Great for H/T, no prob, but the answer to my Stereo quest, teamed up with the Xpa-3: STUNNING:D
    Sony Kdl-46w4100 46" LCD
    PS3

Hi bigred, I think you know what I'm looking for and was wondering what you think about the SC-05 compared to the Marantz SR-5003. Look up the page and you'll see the questions I asked. What would you go with if you were in my shoes? Just trying to get some viewpoints from various CP members and you've been very helpful so far, as well as retro.

Thanks guys, Terra

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by bigred7078 View Post
    :D congrats again
    Thank's Bigred! Your the friend i made reference to regarding the 6003. You could offer him some better insight on his receiver choice.:)
    Sony Kdl-46w4100 46" LCD
    PS3

You could offer him some better insight on his receiver choice.:)
    Excuse me, I'm a her, not a him :p

Hi bigred, I think you know what I'm looking for and was wondering what you think about the SC-05 compared to the Marantz SR-5003. Look up the page and you'll see the questions I asked. What would you go with if you were in my shoes? Just trying to get some viewpoints from various CP members and you've been very helpful so far, as well as retro.

Thanks guys, Terra
    Well technically the SC-05 is a much better spec'd receiver. But it also costs more than double. I love my 6003. I also love the Yamaha V3900 and SC-05 i previously had. I just couldnt not justify the costs knowing i am going to end up with a Emotiva processor eventually. If your on a budget i think the Marantz will meet your needs for the speakers you were looking in to(reference from another thread). If your wanting to step up your game i would for sure look into the SC-05, but i would also make sure you have good speakers to justify the costs. Meaning the Klipsch Synergy series stuff you were looking at would not be justifiable IMO to get the Pioneer over. Make sense?

Thank's Bigred! Your the friend i made reference to regarding the 6003. You could offer him some better insight on his receiver choice.:)
    :)

i was going to correct Pat, but i figured you would beat me to it anyway lol

Smile

I sorely apologize. No offense:)
    Sony Kdl-46w4100 46" LCD
    PS3

No offense taken. Hard to tell here in these forums, I know that. Too bad we can't post a pic of ourselves or something. I don't think you'd have any trouble telling me from the boys then. :)

Member Sales Rating: (49)

I have the yammy RXV 863, and i love the way the 2 channel sounds on it. I realy want to demo a Pioneer Ellite 07 to see if i hear a big change in sound but i just got the yammy in December so i don't see my self looking at changing it anytime soon.I would also like to hear the HK as well.
    Hot Rodded SDA 1.2TL's, SDA 1C's, SDA CRS+'s...