Considering I'm now on my second SurroundBar 360, having returned the first one to Best Buy just today and already having issues with number two, I figured it was time to air out my frustrations.
Reasons for returning SurroundBar 360 #1 ....
(1) Switching from AUX (PS3/Blu-ray) to TV and then back lost all sound from the AUX's optical input. Only way to get it back was to shut the unit down and power up again.
(2) At times I would go from DVD/CD to TV or CBL/SAT and the whole thing would shut down. Not go into standby, I mean completely shut down. Only way to revive it was to flick the AC switch on the back.
(3) Center unit appeared to overheat, becoming very hot to the touch even while turned off and only on standby the whole night.
(4) This morning I tried to turn on the system and there was no response whatsoever. After just one week it kicked the bucket. Red standby light would come on, then pressing the power button caused it to shut down. This went on and on for a half hour until I gave up. Packed it back into the box and drove to Best Buy.
Reasons I'm close to returning SurroundBar 360 #2 ...
(1) Poor decoding of 5.1 creates loud surround effect, but poor center channel effect causing voices to be too quiet or muffled and muted. This was most evident while watching Lost on ABC, and even during the many action scenes in Hellboy 2. Switching the PS3 to 2.1 LPCM helps with dialogue, but much of the intended surround effect is lost, which was the main reason for buying this system.
(2) I have my Samsung LCD HDTV sending audio to the center unit via optical cable. Tonite while watching Dirty Jobs I went to adjust the volume using the remote. The numbers on the console went up and down but the volume remained at the same level. It wasn't until I pressed Mute and then pressed Mute again that the volume suddenly blasted to the higher number. But when I attempted to lower it, again the numbers changed and went down, but the sound remained high. Pressing Mute twice again brought the sound back down, but again it was stuck. I had to shut the unit down and power up again to get it corrected.
If tech support knows about these problems and if there is a solution please contact me. When the 360 works, it works really well. But this inconsistency in quality with both units is killing me.