Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default Nakamichi Speaker Banana Plugs

http://cgi.ebay.com/24-PCS-Nakamichi...3A1%7C294%3A50
    Found this on ebay is this a good buy, and is the guy selling genuine, little skeptical about ebay dealers exception to POLK. Please post if any body has used this brand plugs and from where you had bought for how much.:)

Member Sales Rating: (16)

Quote Originally Posted by jacob.simpson View Post
    http://cgi.ebay.com/24-PCS-Nakamichi...3A1%7C294%3A50
    Found this on ebay is this a good buy, and is the guy selling genuine, little skeptical about ebay dealers exception to POLK. Please post if any body has used this brand plugs and from where you had bought for how much.:)
    Yes, I bought some to make cables for my office rig. I bought mine from this guy in the US

http://cgi.ebay.com/24-PCS-100-Nakam...3%3A1|294%3A50

They are nice sturdy little connectors; however they won't take the larger gauge wire like the Canare Star Quad or AQ type 4. Once you wind the strands they are too thick and the screws stick up just far enough not to be able put the collar back on. I'd say anything under 12g would work; but 12g and larger won't. I even tried using a dremel to grind off the screws to make them a wee bit shorter and messed up the threads. I was trying to use the Canare Star Quad 4S11.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass

Pass Aleph 30; Eastern Electric Mini Max; Adcom GDA600; MIT S3/Z Pc; SDA 1C; Squeezebox; Tubes add soul!

Member Sales Rating: (11)

I have those bananas, also. Good quality, I do have them on 12 ga. cable purchased from Parts Express. I think it has less strands than the other cables mentioned.

These are the ones I purchased:

http://cgi.ebay.com/24-PCS-100-Nakam...3%3A1|294%3A50

I'd buy them, again.

Nakamichi used to have plugs of this style (which I bought):

http://cgi.ebay.com/8-24K-Air-Gap-Si...1|293:4|294:50

The connector is very solid as it doesn't relay an any kind of spring tension device to maintain a tight connection. These do not wiggle at all - completely immobile.
    No earth robot is going to tell ME which button to press!!

--Stuff--
    Front: Polk Audio RTi12
    Center: Polk Audio CSi5
    Surrounds: Polk Audio RTi8 (x4)
    Sub: SVS PB10-ISD (Dual)
    AVR: Denon AVR-3805
    DVD: Denon DVD-2910
    Display: Sony KDL-52XBR4
    STB: Motorola 6412 Dual Tuner DVR

Bedroom system:
    Sherwood Stereo Receiver (RX-4105)
    Polk Audio RTi6 (x4)

Member Sales Rating: (47)

Great little banana connector that I use on all my generic cables when I don't have the GLS plugs available. the Nakamichi's really make a great connection to almost all binding posts.

Quote Originally Posted by GEBBY44 View Post
    Great little banana connector that I use on all my generic cables when I don't have the GLS plugs available. the Nakamichi's really make a great connection to almost all binding posts.
    Thanks for all the help guys just one more ? Will it take in 10AWG speaker cable.

Thanks for all the help guys just one more ? Will it take in 10AWG speaker cable.
    The one's I had wouldn't. Tried to use Canare 4S11 which has an aggregate of 11g wire. I coudln't screw the collars on because the (2) set screws wouldn't fit flush because the wire was a tad to thick inside the barrel.

You could try, I suppose

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass

Pass Aleph 30; Eastern Electric Mini Max; Adcom GDA600; MIT S3/Z Pc; SDA 1C; Squeezebox; Tubes add soul!

Quote Originally Posted by heiney9 View Post
    The one's I had wouldn't. Tried to use Canare 4S11 which has an aggregate of 11g wire. I coudln't screw the collars on because the (2) set screws wouldn't fit flush because the wire was a tad to thick inside the barrel.
    You could try, I suppose
    H9
    Did you Try with the sleave on or the bare wire into the back slot...:)

Did you Try with the sleave on or the bare wire into the back slot...:)
    Bare wire

Thread Information