Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default Polk CS10/Tsi400/200 Setup

I'm trying to find out what is best (or recommended) settings for these speakers. I own a Onkyo 606. I have no clue what I should set, such as should my Tsi 400's (FRONTS) / Tsi 200's (Surround) be on Full Band, 60Hz or what? I've been to AVS forums etc.. and seen many people post asking the same thing I am but no one ever wants to answer this question As of now all my speakers are @ 0dB (need help with that as well, I haven't run audessy set up yet either). Any help is appreciated.

Member Sales Rating: (58)

80hz. Run Audessey.

Member Sales Rating: (6)

Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant_1 View Post
    I'm trying to find out what is best (or recommended) settings for these speakers. I own a Onkyo 606. I have no clue what I should set, such as should my Tsi 400's (FRONTS) / Tsi 200's (Surround) be on Full Band, 60Hz or what? I've been to AVS forums etc.. and seen many people post asking the same thing I am but no one ever wants to answer this question As of now all my speakers are @ 0dB (need help with that as well, I haven't run audessy set up yet either). Any help is appreciated.
    I might get ran off for saying this, but I will say not using audessy was the best change I have ever made. I put the eq in manual mode on the 606, used an spl meter and set the freq levels for my fronts center surrounds and sub at what I thought sounded good to me. My rig opened up tremendously. Audessy had it lacking in detail. I dont have a top of the line setup but its nice and I think not using audessy helped open it up. Just my opinion, others will chime in. You have to see what you like the best.

Thnx for the replys guys. I'll try your suggestions

Member Sales Rating: (11)

I own a 606 myself. Nice receiver.

Are you running a sub? That has a factor in how you set it up. If you aren't running a sub, definitely set your fronts for Full Band.

I have all of my crossover points set at 80hz. I'm running a sub with my system, which is also crossed at 80hz. I played around with the settings quite a bit, and I found 80 to be about the optimal point for my setup...I suspect you'll have similar results. I'd give that a shot myself.

I'd run Audyssey to set everything up, and then check the crossover points, and probably change them all to 80 if that's not what they're at already. In my experience Audyssey does a pretty good job with the distance and level cal's.

If you've got any more questions, feel free to ask.

By the way, welcome to Club Polk.:)
    The nirvana inducer-
    APC H10 Power Conditioner
    Denon DVD-2910 universal player
    DPA The Little Bit Three DAC
    Yamaha P-300 turntable/TCC TC-750 phono preamp
    Acurus L10 preamp
    Adcom GFA-545 power amp
    PolkAudio SDA 2A's/PolkAudio Monitor 7A's
    Audioquest Type 4 speaker cables
    Audioquest Sidewinder IC's
    Audioquest Black Mamba IC's
    Signal Cable Analog II IC's

Quote Originally Posted by comfortablycurt View Post
    I own a 606 myself. Nice receiver.

Are you running a sub? That has a factor in how you set it up. If you aren't running a sub, definitely set your fronts for Full Band.

I have all of my crossover points set at 80hz. I'm running a sub with my system, which is also crossed at 80hz. I played around with the settings quite a bit, and I found 80 to be about the optimal point for my setup...I suspect you'll have similar results. I'd give that a shot myself.

I'd run Audyssey to set everything up, and then check the crossover points, and probably change them all to 80 if that's not what they're at already. In my experience Audyssey does a pretty good job with the distance and level cal's.

If you've got any more questions, feel free to ask.

By the way, welcome to Club Polk.:)
    Yes I am running only a PSW111 right now (my room is real small). Cool I'll run Audyssey to set my speakers distance etc.. thnx for response

Member Sales Rating: (6)

I am sorry but audessy does more than set you distance and levels for your speakers. It sets your eq for all speakers and their freq levels. I dunno how a machine can set your speakers to what your ears enjoy. If thats what floats your boat then so be it. My personal experience was to use the manual eq on the 606 to my liking rather than to keep audessy eq settings. It made a huge difference. Just my opinion as I stated.

Thread Information