Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default RTi A5 EQ settings

I just got my refurb RTi A5's today. First off, I had forgotten what midrange sounded like until I hooked these up. Really suprised by the bass these put out. I almost can't hear my sub at all now.

That's all I'm getting though, voices are not near as loud as everything else. I've been messing with my receiver and can't seem to get my highs, as loud as everything else.
    I have a denon 1909 reciever, and no external amp. I ran the audyssey setup, and messed with the EQ.

I have my speaker wires hooked into the top posts(I don't know if that makes any difference, these are the first speakers I have had that I could wire more than 1 way.)

I've heard alot of people say that these speakers are bright, and I don't hear that at all. I would actually like to brighten them up some, any suggestions would be appreciated.
    I have them set to small, with the crossover at 80.
    I can't think of any other info to give.

Member Sales Rating: (16)

Have you tried hooking up the cables to the bottom terminals and checking the jumpers? What about using the 'Large' setting on your receiver?

I use the bottom terminals on my RTi's.

Member Sales Rating: (41)

I would play around with the setting and make sure you read the manual on the Denon. I had the 1508 & 1708 and noticed the center channel didn't sound as crisp as the fronts so I exchanged it with another one. Same results as before.

Member Sales Rating: (16)

Quote Originally Posted by bevo View Post
    I just got my refurb RTi A5's today. First off, I had forgotten what midrange sounded like until I hooked these up. Really suprised by the bass these put out. I almost can't hear my sub at all now.

That's all I'm getting though, voices are not near as loud as everything else. I've been messing with my receiver and can't seem to get my highs, as loud as everything else.
    I have a denon 1909 reciever, and no external amp. I ran the audyssey setup, and messed with the EQ.

I have my speaker wires hooked into the top posts(I don't know if that makes any difference, these are the first speakers I have had that I could wire more than 1 way.)

I've heard alot of people say that these speakers are bright, and I don't hear that at all. I would actually like to brighten them up some, any suggestions would be appreciated.
    I have them set to small, with the crossover at 80.
    I can't think of any other info to give.
    What do you mean by "messed with the EQ"?

Some avr brands have different defaults for their autocalibrations for audio.

For example, Yamaha has YPAO - similar to Audessey - and the 'default' if you do not change any settings when doing an auto calibration, is what they call "Natural" -which deamphasizes high frequencies and tends to 'average out' all the frequencies detected. Recommended if highs tend to sound bright.

This is what I run as it works well in my set up and 'tames' the brightness which the RTiA series can be branded.

If you think that your RTiA5s sound dull - check your manual for what the 'default' Parametric EQ mode is.

Your Denon should have a mode where you can defeat or turn off any PEQ or GEQ (graphic EQ) - try that and see if it restores the high end of your RTiA5s.

You may also want to experiment with other Audessey PEQ modes offered in the Denon to see if that provides a better match for the RTiA5 and your listening tastes.

Regards,
    Erik

Thanks for the advice. I finally figured out how to actually use my own EQ settings. The menus on the denon for adjusting the EQ, and activating the custom EQ are in different places. It's like they hid actually being able to turn it on, so you would use the audessey settings.

The speakers sound great now, actually better then I thought. The bass is what really surprised me. I almost can't even hear my sub anymore. Looks like that will be my next upgrade. The psw 111 just doesn't cut it with these speakers. I think I'm going to try and find a psw 505 for a good price.

Nice to hear you have your A5,s working good. I bought a pair a couple of months ago (new) and they seem to sound better every day. Most guys in here recommend the 505 sub as a good value priced sub. I just bought a PSW125 on sale and have been pleasently surprised at its performance. I noticed a marked improvement with HT and two channel listening,with the sub addition. I don't find that my A5's pump much base but they may not be fully burned in,or whatever the proper term is.

Thread Information