Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 27 of 27
  1. #1

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    31

    Default Male vs. Female Friendships

    Friendship among Women:
    A woman didn't come home one night.
    The next morning she told her husband that she had slept over at a friend's house.
    The man called his wife's 10 best friends. None of them knew anything about it.

    Friendship among Men:
    A man didn't come home one night.
    The next morning he told his wife that he had slept over at a friend's house.
    The woman called her husband's 10 best friends. Eight confirmed that he had slept over, and two said he was still there.


    So true
    **car**

    front polkaudio mm6501

    rear polkaudio mm5251

    sub polkaudio mm1240dvc

    polkaudio pa500.4

    polkaudio pa600.1

  2. #2

    Member Sales Rating: (5)

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    1,218

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mr smith View Post
    Friendship among Women:
    A woman didn't come home one night.
    The next morning she told her husband that she had slept over at a friend's house.
    The man called his wife's 10 best friends. None of them knew anything about it.

    Friendship among Men:
    A man didn't come home one night.
    The next morning he told his wife that he had slept over at a friend's house.
    The woman called her husband's 10 best friends. Eight confirmed that he had slept over, and two said he was still there.


    So true
    LOL...Sounds about right.

  3. #3
    Banned
    Member Sales Rating: (14)

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Newark, Delaware
    Posts
    21,321

    Default

    My wife would have just slapped me lieu of the question.

  4. #4

    Member Sales Rating: (44)

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    INDIANA
    Posts
    2,868

    Default

    Hilarious. I'm still lol...


    So true though..



    Nick

  5. #5

    Member Sales Rating: (11)

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Dixon, IL
    Posts
    6,519

    Default

    How true...

    That reminds me of the Captain Morgan(?) commercial where the guys are all hanging out at the bar, and then the wife calls him. Everyone in the bar goes silent and then starts imitating different TV shows and newscasters...I've always loved that commercial...lol

    edit-This commercial,

    The nirvana inducer-
    APC H10 Power Conditioner
    Denon DVD-2910 universal player
    DPA The Little Bit Three DAC
    Yamaha P-300 turntable/TCC TC-750 phono preamp
    Acurus L10 preamp
    Adcom GFA-545 power amp
    PolkAudio SDA 2A's/PolkAudio Monitor 7A's
    Audioquest Type 4 speaker cables
    Audioquest Sidewinder IC's
    Audioquest Black Mamba IC's
    Signal Cable Analog II IC's

  6. #6
    Banned
    Member Sales Rating: (14)

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Newark, Delaware
    Posts
    21,321

    Default

    LOL! That is a great commercial.

  7. #7

    Member Sales Rating: (5)

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    1,218

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by comfortablycurt View Post
    how true...

    That reminds me of the captain morgan(?) commercial where the guys are all hanging out at the bar, and then the wife calls him. Everyone in the bar goes silent and then starts imitating different tv shows and newscasters...i've always loved that commercial...lol

    edit-this commercial,

    That's a good one...lol

  8. #8

    Member Sales Rating: (2)

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Tucson Az
    Posts
    2,097

    Default

    I showed this to my wife, she didn't see the humor in it.
    My equipment sig felt inadequate and deleted itself.

  9. #9

    Member Sales Rating: (5)

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    1,218

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rivrrat View Post
    I showed this to my wife, she didn't see the humor in it.
    My fiancee got a kick out of it, and then said i better not do something like that...lol

  10. #10

    Member Sales Rating: (11)

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Dixon, IL
    Posts
    6,519

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by metal83 View Post
    My fiancee got a kick out of it, and then said i better not do something like that...lol
    I think you should definitely try it. Let us know how it goes after she's done kicking your ass...:p
    The nirvana inducer-
    APC H10 Power Conditioner
    Denon DVD-2910 universal player
    DPA The Little Bit Three DAC
    Yamaha P-300 turntable/TCC TC-750 phono preamp
    Acurus L10 preamp
    Adcom GFA-545 power amp
    PolkAudio SDA 2A's/PolkAudio Monitor 7A's
    Audioquest Type 4 speaker cables
    Audioquest Sidewinder IC's
    Audioquest Black Mamba IC's
    Signal Cable Analog II IC's

  11. #11

    Member Sales Rating: (5)

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    1,218

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by comfortablycurt View Post
    I think you should definitely try it. Let us know how it goes after she's done kicking your ass...:p
    I think i'll pass, i'd rather not be "cut off" if you catch my drift. lol

  12. #12

    Member Sales Rating: (11)

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Dixon, IL
    Posts
    6,519

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by metal83 View Post
    I think i'll pass, i'd rather not be "cut off" if you catch my drift. lol
    Oh come on...whats the fun in that? You need to take a chance man! Where's your sense of adventure?:p
    Last edited by comfortablycurt; 02-19-2009 at 02:27 AM.
    The nirvana inducer-
    APC H10 Power Conditioner
    Denon DVD-2910 universal player
    DPA The Little Bit Three DAC
    Yamaha P-300 turntable/TCC TC-750 phono preamp
    Acurus L10 preamp
    Adcom GFA-545 power amp
    PolkAudio SDA 2A's/PolkAudio Monitor 7A's
    Audioquest Type 4 speaker cables
    Audioquest Sidewinder IC's
    Audioquest Black Mamba IC's
    Signal Cable Analog II IC's

  13. #13

    Member Sales Rating: (5)

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    1,218

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by comfortablycurt View Post
    Oh come on...whats the fun in that? You need to take a chance man! Where's your sense of adventure?:p
    I've been with her for about 7yrs, i've taken numerous chances with all sorts of different things.....lol :p

  14. #14
    Banned
    Member Sales Rating: (14)

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Newark, Delaware
    Posts
    21,321

    Default

    EKKKKKKK "cut-off." Reminds of Ms. Bobbit.

  15. #15

    Member Sales Rating: (16)

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Andromeda
    Posts
    14,417

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by comfortablycurt View Post
    How true...

    That reminds me of the Captain Morgan(?) commercial where the guys are all hanging out at the bar, and then the wife calls him. Everyone in the bar goes silent and then starts imitating different TV shows and newscasters...I've always loved that commercial...lol

    edit-This commercial,

    Quote Originally Posted by mr smith View Post
    Friendship among Women:
    A woman didn't come home one night.
    The next morning she told her husband that she had slept over at a friend's house.
    The man called his wife's 10 best friends. None of them knew anything about it.
    All them women lied. They all knew the reason she didn't come home was because she had a
    little Captain in her.

  16. #16

    Member Sales Rating: (16)

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Andromeda
    Posts
    14,417

    Default

    So true my arse! :p
    Last edited by Keiko; 02-19-2009 at 09:00 AM.

  17. #17

    Member Sales Rating: (5)

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    1,218

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hearingimpared View Post
    EKKKKKKK "cut-off." Reminds of Ms. Bobbit.
    ....I didn't even think of like it that, OUCH!!!! lol

  18. #18
    Spaceman Spiff
    Member Sales Rating: (22)

    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Surf City, CA
    Posts
    8,469

    Default

    ahhhh, nevermind.
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.

  19. #19

    Member Sales Rating: (4)

    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    1,516

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by metal83 View Post
    I've been with her for about 7yrs, i've taken numerous chances with all sorts of different things.....lol :p
    Try introducing her as your "future ex-wife"........:D:D

  20. #20
    Spaceman Spiff
    Member Sales Rating: (22)

    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Surf City, CA
    Posts
    8,469

    Default

    One thing I found out about last week is that it's a very slippery-slope with male and female friendships. They don't always stay "friendly" and can damage the friendship forever, which really sucks.
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.

  21. #21
    Banned
    Member Sales Rating: (14)

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Newark, Delaware
    Posts
    21,321

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ron-P View Post
    One thing I found out about last week is that it's a very slippery-slope with male and female friendships. They don't always stay "friendly" and can damage the friendship forever, which really sucks.
    Amen!

  22. #22

    Member Sales Rating: (47)

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Sufficiently Breathless
    Posts
    11,285

    Default

    The Cap'n Morgan vid is just great.:)
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)

  23. #23

    Member Sales Rating: (5)

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    1,218

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LessisNevermore View Post
    Try introducing her as your "future ex-wife"........:D:D
    Hmmmmmm, maybe i'll say that sometime to see what kind of reaction i get....lol :D

  24. #24

    Member Sales Rating: (11)

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Dixon, IL
    Posts
    6,519

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by metal83 View Post
    Hmmmmmm, maybe i'll say that sometime to see what kind of reaction i get....lol :D
    There had better be a camera around when you try that. Pics are a necessity for this. A video camera would be even better.:p
    The nirvana inducer-
    APC H10 Power Conditioner
    Denon DVD-2910 universal player
    DPA The Little Bit Three DAC
    Yamaha P-300 turntable/TCC TC-750 phono preamp
    Acurus L10 preamp
    Adcom GFA-545 power amp
    PolkAudio SDA 2A's/PolkAudio Monitor 7A's
    Audioquest Type 4 speaker cables
    Audioquest Sidewinder IC's
    Audioquest Black Mamba IC's
    Signal Cable Analog II IC's

  25. #25

    Member Sales Rating: (5)

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    1,218

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by comfortablycurt View Post
    There had better be a camera around when you try that. Pics are a necessity for this. A video camera would be even better.:p
    Ummmmmmm.....No thanks, i think i'll pass on that one....lol haha :p

  26. #26

    Member Sales Rating: (11)

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Dixon, IL
    Posts
    6,519

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by metal83 View Post
    Ummmmmmm.....No thanks, i think i'll pass on that one....lol haha :p
    Yeah, I figured you'd say that. I was just going out on a limb there...lol
    The nirvana inducer-
    APC H10 Power Conditioner
    Denon DVD-2910 universal player
    DPA The Little Bit Three DAC
    Yamaha P-300 turntable/TCC TC-750 phono preamp
    Acurus L10 preamp
    Adcom GFA-545 power amp
    PolkAudio SDA 2A's/PolkAudio Monitor 7A's
    Audioquest Type 4 speaker cables
    Audioquest Sidewinder IC's
    Audioquest Black Mamba IC's
    Signal Cable Analog II IC's

  27. #27

    Member Sales Rating: (5)

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    1,218

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by comfortablycurt View Post
    Yeah, I figured you'd say that. I was just going out on a limb there...lol
    No harm in trying..lol :p

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. For Sale 16 Neutrik copy male XLR plugs and 3 XLR splitters, new
    By soiset in forum For Sale (FS) Classifieds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-10-2008, 06:43 PM
  2. The Male Rules
    By Ricardo in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-12-2007, 12:17 AM
  3. Male Restroom Etiquette
    By BaggedLancer in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 02-10-2007, 04:41 PM
  4. Replies: 32
    Last Post: 08-08-2002, 10:32 AM
  5. CS400i Large Or Small - Male Voices
    By Dr. Spec in forum Speakers
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-30-2002, 09:32 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts