Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: LSI-15 Heaven

  1. #1

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    28

    Default LSI-15 Heaven

    I am about 20 min into hooking up the new LSI-15 speakers. They sound like heaven so far. After the break in I can only see them getting better. Very clear and clean. Nice lows that already keep up with the old Klipsch RF82's that
    they are replacing...Love on a Saturday morning

  2. #2

    Member Sales Rating: (1)

    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    chicago
    Posts
    17,022

    Default

    Cool, what are you driving those puppies with ? If your not using an amp,keep the volume down until you can grab one. Congrats and welcome btw.

  3. #3
    Stronzo
    Member Sales Rating: (7)

    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Over Yonder
    Posts
    7,885

    Default

    Congrats Matthews. Hopefully this is the beginning of a great relationship. :)

  4. #4

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    28

    Default

    HK3490 right now. I have some Emotiva gear on the way next week. The HK3490 runs 150 watts at 4ohms, so I am OK right now.

  5. #5

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Brownsburg, Indiana
    Posts
    9,636

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ematthews View Post
    HK3490 right now. I have some Emotiva gear on the way next week. The HK3490 runs 150 watts at 4ohms, so I am OK right now.
    Thats the HK I own as well, its pretty good, but I would still watch the wattage on the 15's. Also just as an FYI many here (myself included) have take the stock 8" woofer and replaced it with a Polk d8401 car sub. Its a drop in replacement and it makes the bass tighter and makes it sound better.

    Wait till Crutchfield has them for buy 1 get 1 1/2 off and set

  6. #6

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EndersShadow View Post
    Thats the HK I own as well, its pretty good, but I would still watch the wattage on the 15's. Also just as an FYI many here (myself included) have take the stock 8" woofer and replaced it with a Polk d8401 car sub. Its a drop in replacement and it makes the bass tighter and makes it sound better.

    Wait till Crutchfield has them for buy 1 get 1 1/2 off and set
    I have that in my plans as well. The stock ones sound good. I read reviews that the lows were the only negative. I like them. No real need for a sub and I got a free one with the purchase....

  7. #7

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Brownsburg, Indiana
    Posts
    9,636

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ematthews View Post
    I have that in my plans as well. The stock ones sound good. I read reviews that the lows were the only negative. I like them. No real need for a sub and I got a free one with the purchase....
    Given your wattage, I would for sure hook the sub up since the LSi 15's need lots of power down low and you can help take the load off the HK with the sub. Set the gain on the sub at about 70ish....

  8. #8

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EndersShadow View Post
    Given your wattage, I would for sure hook the sub up since the LSi 15's need lots of power down low and you can help take the load off the HK with the sub. Set the gain on the sub at about 70ish....
    Just hooked up the sub. Set Phase at 180 and vol at 50%. St low pass at LFE setting.
    Sub is the free PSW111
    It does give a nice low feel. A little more full sounding, but a not as tight on double bass lines.

  9. #9

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Brownsburg, Indiana
    Posts
    9,636

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ematthews View Post
    Just hooked up the sub. Set Phase at 180 and vol at 50%. St low pass at LFE setting.
    Sub is the free PSW111
    It does give a nice low feel. A little more full sounding, but a not as tight on double bass lines.
    Yeah it will be a bit more muddy, but you can probably turn the volume up louder now and be safe w/ the 15's. Play around with the settings to get it dialed in like you want. I think you may need to set the crossover manually on the sub. Also do the sub crawl so you place it in the perfect position.

    You will find the 15's need about a foot out from the wall and a couple feet on either sides to really dial in the sound, but doing so also kinda hinders the bass. Thats where your sub can help fill in that void.

    Next step you could consider as well is speaker wire. I bought some decent Audioquest speaker wire off a roll at a local custom installer to replace my Monoprice stuff and it did make a difference and cost me like 25 bucks.

    Also use the spikes they sent you if possible, they do make a difference.
    Last edited by EndersShadow; 12-17-2011 at 12:16 PM.

  10. #10

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EndersShadow View Post
    Yeah it will be a bit more muddy, but you can probably turn the volume up louder now and be safe w/ the 15's. Play around with the settings to get it dialed in like you want. I think you may need to set the crossover manually on the sub. Also do the sub crawl so you place it in the perfect position.

    You will find the 15's need about a foot out from the wall and a couple feet on either sides to really dial in the sound, but doing so also kinda hinders the bass. Thats where your sub can help fill in that void.

    Next step you could consider as well is speaker wire. I bought some decent Audioquest speaker wire off a roll at a local custom installer to replace my Monoprice stuff and it did make a difference and cost me like 25 bucks.

    Also use the spikes they sent you if possible, they do make a difference.
    Funny. I am using the Monoprice wire. 12 gauge I think. I was looking at adding Emotiva's X series speaker wire, but there is so many different opinions on speaker wire..

  11. #11

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Brownsburg, Indiana
    Posts
    9,636

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ematthews View Post
    Funny. I am using the Monoprice wire. 12 gauge I think. I was looking at adding Emotiva's X series speaker wire, but there is so many different opinions on speaker wire..
    Yes there are. I would personally suggest posting a wanted AD here and see if anyone has a set of spare MIT AVt cables they bought during the sale they had 6 months ago. Those would be a very good start if not end to your cable needs
    Last edited by EndersShadow; 12-17-2011 at 12:38 PM.

  12. #12

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    28

    Default

    Oh NO NO NO...My tweeter is starting to get a fuzzy noise on the high notes...Crap. What to do? It's not all the time. It's in and out but seems to be a issue that may get worse. I would hate to think of having to send it back as the box looked like it went through
    war. Would Polk do a replacement part by mail if needed......
    I hope that maybe this will be ironed out the longer I LISTEN

  13. #13

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Brownsburg, Indiana
    Posts
    9,636

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ematthews View Post
    Oh NO NO NO...My tweeter is starting to get a fuzzy noise on the high notes...Crap. What to do? It's not all the time. It's in and out but seems to be a issue that may get worse. I would hate to think of having to send it back as the box looked like it went through
    war. Would Polk do a replacement part by mail if needed......
    I hope that maybe this will be ironed out the longer I LISTEN
    I would disconnect it and call Polk CS

  14. #14

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    28

    Default

    Seems it will only do this with one song at certain parts. I have put a few different CD's in and can not duplicate it. Although now it's in my head and making me crazy....How does Polk handle things like this with brand new products? Ot should I try and pack it up and send it back to Amazon for a replacement...I would hate to send it to Amazon as they would be so much trouble shipping. It would suck to send it to Polk too.Maybe they would just do a tweeter replacement

    That is what I would hope and it would be easy to remove it and send it in for an exchange

  15. #15

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    28

    Default

    Never mind. It's doing this with other songs now too. It is with Electric guitars and if you slightly touch the silk rib on the tweeter is goes away. It's like a harmonic vibration distortion effect.. Fu@k!!!!!!!!!!

  16. #16

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Brownsburg, Indiana
    Posts
    9,636

    Default

    Call polk customer service on Monday (or today if they are still open) and explain the situation and see what they suggest.

    I have talked to them a couple times and they are very very helpful and nice.

  17. #17

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    28

    Default

    I will. I just called Amazon and they said they would be than happy to send out an exchange item. I will just have to wait for another Saturday morning to enjoy the sound of these amazing speakers...

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. In SDA heaven
    By dpowell in forum Vintage Speakers
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-12-2010, 01:59 AM
  2. '57 Heaven
    By edbert in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-15-2007, 11:13 AM
  3. Just Like Heaven
    By Shizelbs in forum Music & Movies
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-12-2006, 08:27 AM
  4. Kingdom of Heaven...
    By Grimster74 in forum Music & Movies
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 05-25-2006, 12:47 PM
  5. OMG......I am in Heaven......TUBES.....
    By Ricardo in forum Electronics
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-31-2005, 01:06 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts