Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (22)

Directly over the center of the earth in Olathe Kansas

Default Streaming iTunes

A frend of mine is wanting to stream iTunes music off his PC to his AVR. I know how to stream music from my PC to my Xbox360 and PS3 but I do not have iTunes so I do not know what application or device will allow you to stream iTunes.

Any recommendations ?

Thanks,

Tracy
    Speakers: SDA-1C (most all the goodies)
    Preamp: Joule Electra LA-150 MKII SE
    Amp: Wright WPA 50-50 EAT KT88s
    Analog: Marantz TT-15S1 MBS Glider SL| Wright WPP100C Amperex BB 6er5 and 7316 & WPM-100 SUT
    Digital: Mac mini 2.3GHz dual-core i5 8g RAM 1.5 TB HDD Music Server Amarra (memory play) - USB - W4S DAC 2
    Cables: Mits S3 IC and Spk cables| PS Audio PCs

Ofc: Wright WLA12 preamp: Anthem Amp 1: Pio Elite DV-79AVI: Airport Express: CAL Sigma II DAC: PA LS90 sonicaps and mills

Member Sales Rating: (17)

North Victoria Gardens, Altacucawanda, California

Tracy, to stream from iTunes to AVR that I know of, is by using Apple computers (Mac series) and Airport Express (http://www.apple.com/airportexpress/setup.html) which then you can stream music from iTunes to the AE, that is hook-up to your AVR via optical cable.
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.

Thanks, looks like the AAE will stream from a PC as well provided you have iTunes loaded and Windows XP.

ANyone have experience with this setup?
    Analog: Marantz TT-15S1 MBS Glider SL| Wright WPP100C Amperex BB 6er5 and 7316 & WPM-100 SUT
    Digital: Mac mini 2.3GHz dual-core i5 8g RAM 1.5 TB HDD Music Server Amarra (memory play) - USB - W4S DAC 2

Ofc: Wright WLA12 preamp: Anthem Amp 1: Pio Elite DV-79AVI: Airport Express: CAL Sigma II DAC: PA LS90 sonicaps and mills

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Quote Originally Posted by thsmith View Post
    A frend of mine is wanting to stream iTunes music off his PC to his AVR. I know how to stream music from my PC to my Xbox360 and PS3 but I do not have iTunes so I do not know what application or device will allow you to stream iTunes.

Any recommendations ?

Thanks,

Tracy
    Tracy-
    I am a Mac guy, but I think PCs may have similar capabilities. I used to use the Griffin iMic USB audio interface for stereo in/out to my Mac. Works on PCs, too.
    http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/imic

If the PC has headphone outputs you can use an 1/8" to RCA splitter adaptor to one of the line level inputs on the receiver.

Macs now have optical audio in/out which, with an adaptor and Toslink cable, plugs into the DVD optical port on my AVR. I use my MacBook Pro as an iTunes, CD & DVD player with stereo and 5.1 surround sound to my AVR and LCD TV. PCs may also have this capability.

Regards,

Jim

Thanks Jimbo but he is looking for something he can stream iTunes off his PC to his AVR that are not located in the same room.

Member Sales Rating: (1)

I use appleTV and i love it. Plus you get alot of other features.
    Pro-ject RM-9.1 w/ Grado Sonata 1 -> USP-1 -> RPA-1 -> Vienna Acoustics Mozart Grands

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Quote Originally Posted by thsmith View Post
    Thanks Jimbo but he is looking for something he can stream iTunes off his PC to his AVR that are not located in the same room.
    For that application I used an iMic with a 16' USB Active Extension cable plus a 15' regular extension cable. The USB Active Extension cable has a built-in repeater to boost the signal. Up to 5 USB Active Extension cables can be chained together according to this site: http://www.cwol.com/usb/usb-active-e...able-uc600.htm.

Check with Griffin to see how well this length USB connection will work.

Regards,
    Jim

Thread Information