Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default LSi 9 Mounting Options

Ok all you LSi 9 users, how have you found the best way to mount your speakers. Stands and sticky putty just don't seem very appealing and wall mounts appear to locate speakers too close to the wall. I am leaning to the 15's because mounting seems to be a real hassle. We have a 46" wall mounted tv and have yet to purchase a media table for electronics. Wondering if there is a table that could also handle 9's and meet suggested placement locations(i.e. 9' separation/1'-2' from wall/tweeters at ear level). Thanks all.......

Member Sales Rating: (39)

I have some 24" stands and really like them. The speakers are so heavy that I don't even have them tacked down or anything. They sit very sturdy, but I guess if I had kids or pets I'd look into a different solution.

Member Sales Rating: (37)

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/show...number=240-804

Admittedly, I've only been using these for a couple of weeks, but I'm happy with them. Like Andy, I just have my 9's on the stands with no putty, etc. I think they would have to get hit pretty hard to knock them off of the stands. I do have two kids, but the stands are in a dedicated HT, not just in the living room where there is more activity.

Thanks guys for the info. Any idea what the dimensions are of the stand top where the speaker sits. Seems like most stands are around 6"x6". Sure would like to hear from someone who is using the 9's without stands. Just can not imagine the wife liking the "stand look".

Quote Originally Posted by Murray1 View Post
    Ok all you LSi 9 users, how have you found the best way to mount your speakers. Stands and sticky putty just don't seem very appealing and wall mounts appear to locate speakers too close to the wall. I am leaning to the 15's because mounting seems to be a real hassle. We have a 46" wall mounted tv and have yet to purchase a media table for electronics. Wondering if there is a table that could also handle 9's and meet suggested placement locations(i.e. 9' separation/1'-2' from wall/tweeters at ear level). Thanks all.......
    That is why many including myself lean to floor standing speakers. For surrounds, I have used LSi9's on 23" x 23" dark wooden end tables with PSW1000 subwoofers underneath. The end tables were large and stable so the LSi9's were "safe" from being tipped over. It did make for a nice looking and sounding surround system, but you need some space.

Member Sales Rating: (26)

Quote Originally Posted by Murray1 View Post
    Ok all you LSi 9 users, how have you found the best way to mount your speakers.
    Personally, I prefer to mount women but hey.......whatever floats your boat dude.

What kind of flooring do you have? If it's carpet, velcro will work to keep your speakers on a speaker stand and if you have hardwood floors velcro would work just the same to couple it to the floor if you don't use the spikes. If you have carpet, you can drill three or four holes through the bottom of a speaker stand and literally drill the speaker stand to the flooring [provided you are not on concrete below the carpet] and cover up the screws with whatever matches the substrate of the base of the speaker stand.

You have options, we just need to know a little bit more about your situation.
    In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to good analogue reproduction.

Thread Information