Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1

    Member Sales Rating: (4)

    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Denial...it's in Egypt.
    Posts
    12,855

    Default Man, what is up with these Eagles?

    Tra Thomas went to Jacksonville and they didn't even put up a fight to keep him!

    Then yesterday they fired that dude in the wheelchair who collects tickets because he said The Eagles were a bunch of retards for letting Dawkins go. Even though that is the prevailing opinion.

    Uncertain times in Philly. They are dismantling one of the top defenses in the league for no good reason. They should be rebuilding the offense, not the defense. Who's gonna be the next to go?
    Last edited by Jstas; 03-10-2009 at 11:07 AM.
    You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!

  2. #2
    ZERO Threshold of Hearing
    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Land O Lakes, FL
    Posts
    1,636

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jstas View Post
    Tra Thomas went to Jacksonville and they didn't even put up a fight to keep him!

    Then yesterday they fired that dude in the wheelchair who collects tickets because he said The Eagles were a bunch of retards for letting Dawkins go. Even though that is the prevailing opinion.

    Uncertain times in Philly. They are dismantling one of the top defenses in the league for not good reason. They should be rebuilding the offense, not the defense. Who's gonna be the next to go?
    JSTAS, that was fu--ed up with eagles firing handicapped guy for his opinion and i support that opinion. what the fu-k wrong with Eagle club?

    Thomas was very surprised but seems he will be happy in Jacksonville...
    I am 100% BORN DEAF and No I am not kidding! :D Why am I here? My wife's hearing! :p

    My Home Theater Rig || Television: 58" Panasonic TH-58PZ800U Viera Plasma || Power Conditioner: Power Monster HTS 3600 MKII || Receiver: Onkyo TX-SR805 || Blu-Ray/Gaming: 60 Gigabytes Playstation 3 || Amplifier: Emotiva XPA-5 || Fronts: Polk Audio RT800i || Center: Polk Audio CS245i || Surrounds: TBA|| Subwoofer: TBA

  3. #3

    Member Sales Rating: (8)

    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    11,499

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaligulaPolk
    JSTAS, that was fu--ed up with eagles firing handicapped guy for his opinion and i support that opinion. what the fu-k wrong with Eagle club?
    So the fact that he is handicapped makes it ok for him to call his bosses a "bunch of retards" and still keep his job

    If I called my boss a retard I would be looking for a job before the end of the day...
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

    "For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

    "Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson

  4. #4
    ZERO Threshold of Hearing
    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Land O Lakes, FL
    Posts
    1,636

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shack View Post
    So the fact that he is handicapped makes it ok for him to call his bosses a "bunch of retards" and still keep his job

    If I called my boss a retard I would be looking for a job before the end of the day...
    Yes it is ok, becuz they are retarded ! :p
    I am 100% BORN DEAF and No I am not kidding! :D Why am I here? My wife's hearing! :p

    My Home Theater Rig || Television: 58" Panasonic TH-58PZ800U Viera Plasma || Power Conditioner: Power Monster HTS 3600 MKII || Receiver: Onkyo TX-SR805 || Blu-Ray/Gaming: 60 Gigabytes Playstation 3 || Amplifier: Emotiva XPA-5 || Fronts: Polk Audio RT800i || Center: Polk Audio CS245i || Surrounds: TBA|| Subwoofer: TBA

  5. #5

    Member Sales Rating: (8)

    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    11,499

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaligulaPolk
    Yes it is ok, becuz they are retarded ! :p
    He evidently isn't too bright either...because he is now no longer an employee...
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

    "For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

    "Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson

  6. #6

    Member Sales Rating: (4)

    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Denial...it's in Egypt.
    Posts
    12,855

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shack View Post
    So the fact that he is handicapped makes it ok for him to call his bosses a "bunch of retards" and still keep his job

    If I called my boss a retard I would be looking for a job before the end of the day...
    No, you're right, that was uncalled for if they are your employee but this dude had a stellar employment record. Slap on the wrist, a couple days of suspension or something and go back to it. The Eagles have a very big public image and firing the dude for what 90% of the fans see as a boneheaded move is bad PR when you rely heavily on maintaining a good relationship with your fans to buy the tickets that keep you in business.

    But the further story is that the statement that the Eagles gave for letting this dud e go was that he couldn't be trusted anymore. To which I have to ask, what the hell are you telling your ticket handlers about that they need to be trusted beyond ticket sales. Secondly, what privileged information did he divulge in calling the release of Dawkins retarded? He didn't make any statements until AFTER the announcement.

    The whole thing is shady and something else is up.

    Then again, the wheelchair dude isn't without fault either. He apparently made the statement on Facebook and his boss and some of the executive level people were on his Facebook page as friends. If you're gonna have your boss and stuff on there then you need to watch what you put up.

    But on an even further ethical note, how much leeway do we give employers that they can fire you over things you do in your free time? Sure, drugs like marijuana are termination level offenses as well as committing other illegal acts that land you in jail. Even drunken driving is an offense worthy of considerable review and action. But expressing your opinion on a public forum in a country where the freedom of speech is upheld by the defining legal document of the government, is that really an offense for termination?

    It's a question that needs to be asked. What you do in your free time is your business. Unless it affects your employer, it's really none of their concern. And if we do allow employers to dictate what you do in your free time, when do you actually get to be off the clock and not working? When does your time actually start?

    Then again, on the same note, just because it's there doesn't mean that you should be posting every twisted thought that pops in to your little kadoodie on the Internet.
    You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!

  7. #7

    Member Sales Rating: (1)

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Over the mountain watching the watcher
    Posts
    6,315

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shack View Post
    He evidently isn't too bright either...because he is now no longer an employee...

    Well, he certainly has learned an important lesson !!

    His employers were, after all, Divinely Appointed and Annointed to rule over the section of the sports land known as the "Philadelphia Eagles".

    I just hope that this stupid bastage in the wheelchair hasn't upset them too much with his impudence and cheekyness.

    I hope he .... well .... I hope he crosses the street and gets hit by a bus !!
    I'm sure gawd has something like that planned for him .... I hope.

    What would this crip have challenged next ? "Manifest Destiny " ?!?
    MrBigBlueLight
    Usually right, but sometimes not entirely factually correct.
    Shifting to Plan B

  8. #8

    Member Sales Rating: (8)

    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    11,499

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mrbigbluelight
    His employers were, after all, Divinely Appointed and Annointed to rule over the section of the sports land known as the "Philadelphia Eagles".
    His employers are, after all, the people who hired him, who sign his paycheck and have the right to fire him.

    I don't care if he is a "crip" (your word) or not, one should not call their bosses "retards" in a public manner, such as facebook. Think it, say it in private, off the record...whatever...just not like this.

    Anyone who is dumb enough to do that...deserves to be fired.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

    "For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

    "Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson

  9. #9

    Member Sales Rating: (1)

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    'Bubba' land
    Posts
    4,816

    Default

    I don't care about the firing from either side of the coin, but, if the fans are really that outraged, they should show it with their WALLETS!!!
    But somehow, I don't imagine they will. By the time August rolls around, this story will be LOOOOOONG gone.
    I refuse to argue with idiots, because people can't tell the DIFFERENCE!

  10. #10

    Member Sales Rating: (1)

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Descending toward the moon in the CLEM (Chinese Lunar Excursion Module), looking for Chang'e
    Posts
    11,757

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shack View Post
    His employers are, after all, the people who hired him, who sign his paycheck and have the right to fire him.

    I don't care if he is a "crip" (your word) or not, one should not call their bosses "retards" in a public manner, such as facebook. Think it, say it in private, off the record...whatever...just not like this.

    Anyone who is dumb enough to do that...deserves to be fired.
    Should that be a truth in ALL possible instances? Even if a CEO is, let's say a Madoff? Is there no 'public' space for employee discontent and protest in ANY company? Seems a tad too black and white for me. I've seen some real Bozos at the top.

    Just a thought..not a real disagreement; because I agree in 'most' instances you are right. But there are always 'exceptions', abusive bosses, for example, sexual harassment, racial discrimination and so on....

    cnh
    Last edited by cnh; 03-10-2009 at 04:58 PM.

  11. #11

    Member Sales Rating: (8)

    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    11,499

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cnh
    Should that be a truth in ALL possible instances? Even if a CEO is, let's say a Madoff? Is there no 'public' space for employee discontent and protest in ANY company? Seems a tad too black and white for me. I've seen some real Bozos at the top.

    Just a thought..not a real disagreement; because I agree in 'most' instances you are right. But there are always 'exceptions', abusive bosses, for example, sexual harassment, racial discrimination and so on....

    cnh
    There are whistleblower protection laws for people who report "sexual harassment, racial discrimination and so on....". Making fun of or degrading a boss who's policy or actions you don't like doesn't fall into that category of protection.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

    "For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

    "Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson

  12. #12

    Member Sales Rating: (1)

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Over the mountain watching the watcher
    Posts
    6,315

    Default

    A wretched soul, bruised with adversity,
    We bid be quiet when we hear it cry;
    But were we burdened with like weight of pain,
    As much or more we should ourselves complain.



    I'm sorry Mr. Shakespeare; your words do not apply here in the Land of Ferenghi.
    MrBigBlueLight
    Usually right, but sometimes not entirely factually correct.
    Shifting to Plan B

  13. #13

    Member Sales Rating: (8)

    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    11,499

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mrbigbluelight View Post
    A wretched soul, bruised with adversity,
    We bid be quiet when we hear it cry;
    But were we burdened with like weight of pain,
    As much or more we should ourselves complain.

    I'm sorry Mr. Shakespeare; your words do not apply here in the Land of Ferenghi.
    Aw...how touching.

    I have a great deal of sympathy for those that have physcial issues. I have a family member that will never walk, never speak in coherent sentences, never live any sort of normal life. He is totally dependent on the help of others to survive. I wish he could have the ability to use a wheelchair (even a motorized one) under his own power...he never will.

    But by the same token, the fact that a person has a physical handicap doesn't give them carte blanche to do things and get a pass "just because" of the handicap. They deserve to be treated equally with the other members of society...both good and bad. If he has an issue that does not allow him to understand the consequences of his actions and/or words...then he deserves a pass...but not just because he is in a wheelchair.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

    "For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

    "Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. The OTHER Eagles.....
    By shack in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 01-21-2009, 07:19 PM
  2. E-a-g-l-e-s eagles!!!!!!!!!!
    By mantis in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 01-14-2009, 02:40 PM
  3. The Eagles...again
    By Lowell_M in forum Music & Movies
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-18-2008, 06:33 PM
  4. Eagles
    By bigaudiofanatic in forum Wanted (WTB) Classifieds
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-25-2007, 06:50 PM
  5. Eagles
    By organ in forum Music & Movies
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-10-2005, 03:38 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts